Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Redemeption Love (with GodLovesPonies)

Sphinx-Ara

OOC Thread Here

@GodLovesPonies

It was early afternoon in Edinmire, and the snow wolf known as Scarlet Avalon Rose Wintersoul, or Scarlet Rose for short, was sitting at the lake, her feet paws dipped into the water and her tail slowly swaying from side to side as she watched her two friends Natani and Keith spar. She smiled a little, seeing a few fish swim up to her.

Breaking off some bread, she throws it into the lake for the fish to nibble on. Sighing, she looks up and looked around, it was quiet, almost more so than usual, and she was starting to get bored.

After a few minutes, she stood up, straightened up her dress, which was of a light blue and a deeper blue trim, and started to walk back towards the tavern that she lived at.

It had been a long journey for Sam North, the weight of his backpack making the slight incline of the hill a little more difficult than it should be. Once he reached the top, he saw the tops of buildings a few more hills away.

"Never thought it would be so nice to see a town for once." Sam mused to himself.

He continued on, hope rising in his heart. It would be a reward worth the travel is what he wished for.

@GodLovesPonies

Scarlet had already arrived back at the tavern that doubled as her home and had begun to serve the regular customes <That'll be 5 gold please> she says to one of them, serving them some meat and vegetables and then moving on to the other customers.

As he neared the town, Sam began to finally feel the effects of a week on the road. His stomach was grumbling loudly, and his throat was dry. Alongside that, he was starting to feel a little tired from the endless walking.

"Might as well find the tavern, I could do with some ale." He chuckled to himself.

After entering the village, it took about ten minutes of wandering aimlessly before finding the building he needed. Without hesitating, he opened the door and stepped inside. Immediately, he could feel the relaxing warmth and hear the commotion of the other patrons, which looked to be really busy today compared to what he was used to.

Sam walked up to the front counter and took a seat, setting his backpack at his feet. While he waited for a bartender to notice him, he pulled out his sketch pad and and flipped through it, relishing the pictures he drew ages ago.

@GodLovesPonies

Scarlet saw the newcomer and skips on over to the front bar "Hello and welcome to Riftwall East Tavern, can I take your order please?" she asks in almost expert human, having grow up around both Keidran and humans, she had learned both languages pretty well. "Can I also suggest the special?" she gives the newcomer a bright smile and a swish of her tail.

How-ever, the regulars, who were her friends weren't as trusting as she was, they all kept an eye on the newcomer, hoping they wouldn't have to intervene in any unsavory behavior.

(edited)

A voice snapped Sam out of his trance, and he looked up to see a female Keidran looking at him with a friendly smile.

"Hello and welcome to Riftwall East Tavern, can I take your order please?" She said in a chipper tone. "Can I also suggest the special?"

He closed his sketchpad and sat it on the counter, giving her his own smile.

"Hello, and thanks. What's on the special, I assume it's something to fill a man up after a week long trek, yeah?"

Sam wasn't one to feast, but after that journey, he could use it.

Edited by GodLovesPonies

@GodLovesPonies

Scarlet smiles and nods "I sure hope it will be, the special is a mixture of split roast boar, dragon fire roasted venison, mashed potatos, peas, carrots and sweet potato with pumpkin. It also comes with a side of chips and an ale or wine, and we can also add on a bowl of pumpkin or sweet potato and split pea soup" she says, once again in near perfect human, giving a glance to her friends who just simply look away and resume with their conversations and meals.

Had Sam been taking a drink, he would have spit it all out on the bartender. 

'Wow, now that's a meal I need to have.' He thought to himself.

He gave a exasperated sigh,"How much would that be? Sorry, but I didn't think it would come with that much, you know."

Although he could surely afford it, he needed as much as he could for later. Then again, he deserved it after everything. 

He pulled out his pouch with his coins in it. "Bah, forget it. I could eat anything and not care what it was, so I'll take the whole thing. Oh, and some wine, I'm feeling a little fancy today."

@GodLovesPonies

"Well, if you rent a room as well, we give a discount. Normally the meal by itself is usually about 5 gold and 25 silver, and a room by itself is about 5 gold, but together, we can cut it down to about 7 gold and 50 silver" she says, wagging her tail, while they didn't need the extra currency, it was always good to get extra in the till, in case of emergencies. "So, it will be the split roast boar, dragon fire roasted venison, side of mashed potato, carrots, sweet potato, chips, a wine and...what soup would you like sir? pumpkin or sweet potato and split pea?"

"Perfect. That works for me completely, so I don't have to trespass and sleep in someone's hayloft while I'm here." He joked. "Oh, and make that a pumpkin soup, please."

Normally, he would have to somehow haggle a deal out of the other innkeepers for the food and the room, two different purchases, but it seemed like he wouldn't have to do that. This was the deal of the century for him.

"So, yes, I'll take you up on that deal. Does that cover just one night, or...?" He trailed off.

'As much as it is, it surely isn't just one night.' He hoped.

@GodLovesPonies

"For the first night, yes, but as we value your patronage, each night will then only be 3 gold and 50 silver for the combined deal" Scarlet says as she writes everything down before skipping off to the kitchen to tell her adopted mother Adira about the deal she had made and what the newcomer had ordered.

Just then, Natani, a brown forest wolf in a cloak and vest, along with some pants, comes up to the newcomer and places a paw on his shoulder "She must like you, she doesn't always offer that deal" he says with a spark in his eyes "But I will warn you, keep your intentions pure, she is fragile enough as is"

(edited)

He faced the wolf with a weary expression. He looked friendly enough as it is, but something about that statement seemed...off, at least to Sam it did. He was one to look on the not so good side when it was something new. That, combined with how random this was, wasn't a pleasant feeling for him.

"Uh...right, I'll take your word for it." He then turned back around and the wolf departed back into the main room.

"Well, that happened." Sam muttered to himself.

Brushing it off, he picked back up his sketchpad and continued looking over his work.

Edited by GodLovesPonies

@GodLovesPonies

Scarlet comes back and smiles "Oh, you met Natani?" she asks, watching her friend go off to the other part of the tavern "Sorry if he startled you, lets just say all my friends are very protective of me" she says then shakes her head "How many nights do you think you will be staying? WE can work out the total and if it's a certain amount of time, maybe even a better discount" she says "Oh and for tonight, that would be 7 gold and 50 silver please" she smile brightly at him.

Sam handed her the coin, glancing back towards the wolf she called Natani.

"Yeah, I guess I did. Real nice fellow there." He decided to hold his tongue on the comment he made. No use starting something.

"As for how long I'm staying, I don't know. Could be a week, maybe longer, it just depends."

In all honesty, he really didn't know. Matter of fact, no one knew. His Ma and Pa back home didn't know either, so it was really just a 'wait and see' deal for him, especially since it really didn't matter. 

"Say, I don't know how I didn't realize, but you speak my language very well for a Keidran, no offense of course. Where'd you learn, if you don't mind me asking." He asked mainly because he hasn't really been around many Keidran before, apart from the few who passed through back home. To say the least, he was quite curious.

@GodLovesPonies

"He is a bit rough around the edges yeah, but most of the guys are" she says, putting the coin in her bag for the till, writing down a receipt "Well, as that is the case, we'll just see how things go I guess, as for me speaking your language well...well this town is sort of a hub for both Keidran and humankind, I basically grew up here, and so spent a lot of time learning both of the language sets. It is kind of a neccessity for helping my mother to run the tavern and all." she chuckles a bit.

This surprised him, but not really in the way he expected. 

"Well, now there's something I didn't know. How come I haven't seen any other Humans? Are they all slaves somewhere, or am I just blind?" He chuckled.

Almost immediately, he realized his mistake.

"Ah, sorry. I shouldn't have said that." He sighed.

His sense of humor wasn't the most clean, but it was just the way he grew up. He could thank most of it to his brother. He hoped it hadn't damaged his good essence, and that no one else heard him say that.

@GodLovesPonies

"Oh well most of the humans are either townspeople or guardsmen who live here. The regular ones you would see would be Trace and his friends Karen, Maren, Raine and Red" she says "But we do get travellers come and go through here, as we're kind of in the middle of everywhere I guess, We also get the Templar come and go from time to time as well" she says and smiles a bit more brightly at him, giving him his glass of wine "Your food should be ready in a few minutes"

Sam gave her a nod and took a drink, and he had to admit, it was some of the best tasting wine he's ever had, and it easily topped ale any day. After taking a few more drinks, he decided to make a bit more small talk.

"So, what's your name?" He asked simply after taking his fourth sip.

Truth be told, he was starting to enjoy some company. It made him feel a lot better since he left home, surprisingly. 

@GodLovesPonies

"Oh well my name is Scarlet Avalon Rose Wintersoul, but most people just call me Scarlet Rose or Scarlet for short" she says with a giggle and wags her tail "Often I'm either here helping my mother in the tavern or off at the lake or fields" she says "It's a quaint litlte town, but it's how I like it, you know? Aside from when the war was happening, it's nice and peaceful"

"Well, Scarlet, it's very nice to meet you. I'm Sam North...from the north." He laughed a little and gave his own smile.

"So, besides living in this tavern helping your mother, what else do you do. Your hobbies, if you will." 

He moved a hand over his short-sword sheathed on his belt under his coat. He didn't plan on using, far from it. He just always wanted to make sure it was there, for reasons he didn't know.

"Doesn't it get boring? I mean, I can't speak from experience, but it doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Besides getting the coin, that is."

@GodLovesPonies

Scarlet nods "It does sometimes get boring yeah, but we sometimes get the tiger tribes visiting, so that lifts the boredom a bit" shesays andsmiles a bit more "as I said before, I'm usually at the lake or the fields, other than that, I love going to the market" she says, noticing the short sword "Oh you fight? My friends, well some of them do a bit of sparring every now and then, it's fun to watch"

He chuckled,"Ah, well that's nice."

Resting his hands back on the counter, he felt the need to go to lay down and rest wash over him.

"Not to be rude, but when's the food coming? I'm getting a little tired, so I should probably sleep soon."

@GodLovesPonies

"Coming right up, mother is just putting the finishing touches on it" she says, seeing the tray of all the food being placed on the bench. She gets it and carefuly carries it to the bar and places it infront of him "Here you are, or we can have it brought up to your room if you'd prefer to have it there" she suggests

He nodded,"If that's possible, I would like it taken to my room, if you would be so kind."

He slightly stood up, grabbed his backpack and waited for Scarlet.

"Do you need me to carry it, or...?" He trailed off.

@GodLovesPonies

Scarlet smiles as he uses some simple magic to keep the tray stable "Not neccessary sir, all part of the service" she says, as she then leads him up to his room "This will be your room" she says, fishing around for the key and unlocks the door. Inside of the room was what you would expect, a double sized bed with fresh and clean linen, a writing desk, a chair with a sofa, There was a rug on the floor and a balcony, where he could see the coming and going of the townsfolk and to watch the stars.

Scarlet places the key down "There is a tub in the bathroom, and fresh towels, water has already been run for you, so it should be nice and warm" she smiles "If you need anything, feel free to come back downstairs"