Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is love?

Sparkleberry

4 minutes ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Baby don't hurt me!

♫"What is love?"♫ "Baby don't hurt me."♫ - GIF on Imgur

Love is a social construct meant for selling chocolate UwU.

No actually, love is your hormones saying Dewww it.

Love is something you give :) Good song haha!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparkleberry said:

Love is something you give :) Good song haha!

UwU to care to want to have someone else happy give them happiness is love. Yas, love is a wonderful thing indeed. To me love is being willing to do anything for that person.

Love itself is a broad topic to cover, are you asking about people's love for certain things?  Familial?  Intimate?  The way someone loves the rain while others hate it?  It's a very broad term to use, imo, and could mean various things with many more various things.  I guess it depends on the context of the love?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'd describe love as unconditionally caring for someone else whether it be platonic love for family and friends or romantic love for someone you're attracted too.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

Love is intention under the condition of polarity. As such it can take any given form; from jealousy, to hatred, to obsession, to compassion, to pity, to indifference, etc. Intention is the key, regardless of the polarity that shapes said intention.

From a higher perspective, love is all. For creation is a reflection of intention. And the purpose is to understand the unconditional that originates all.

(edited)

Love is also an act, which cannot be fully described on this forum.

EDIT: Joking aside

Love is probably one the most complicated emotions we can have. I my language, love is caring for someone or something deeply.

Edited by Super Splashee

4F315349-1726-41D4-9089-BCE71C544F33.gif

THIS THREAD IS ASKING A LEGITIMATE QUESTION. 

DO NOT POST ANYMORE JOKES OR THIS THERAD WILL BE LOCKED.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

When you feel attracted to someone, mainly because you have some common points with that person like interests.

Edited by Bastian
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think to answer this question seriously you have to be more philosophical in a more of a debate. Love is really the desire or being willing to prioritize your spouses happiness you want them to do well more so then for yourself. You feel attached to them, a need for them and a strong affection for them. These emotion being of care and affection, you feel an attraction to them although that would be as I said your hormones I believe hormones decide a lot on who we feel attracted to in a sense. We choose to commit to them, want to care for them and we respect them a lot of combination of feelings we feel towards this person.

While personally I find love to be overrated and quite frankly those who pursue love above all else are foolish but more so is a man that does not love at all yes my bros. Indeed love is a wonderful thing but one should not get overly attached to someone love is a fleeting emotion. Love can come it can go, to live your life based on something so unstable is foolish at best rather you should be improving yourself. To be the best version of yourself, people will see this and respect you for it, if they see you as a love interest no matter what you stay true to yourself and as a result you'll have someone that loves you for you.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94

(edited)
11 hours ago, Fluttershyfan94 said:

Baby don't hurt me!

♫"What is love?"♫ "Baby don't hurt me."♫ - GIF on Imgur

Love is a social construct meant for selling chocolate UwU.

Gosh dang it I was about to say that. But yet again, jokes and classic old 2000's memes are apparently offensive now so I would have gotten this thread locked. :dry:

ANYWAYS, love in my view is the culmination of one person's feelings for another. There are several different kinds of love as well. There's platonic love between close friends, the family bond could be considered a form of love, along with the usual romantic love and the kind that isn't PG-13. I feel like love could be a term that can apply to numerous different contexts, even if the connotation is generally more intimate.

Edited by Dustlicious

I've come to believe it as finding someone who makes you happy to a degree that is overwhelming. When you begin to feel overwhelmed by it, that's when you know that they're truly a part of you.

This might sound like a joke. But it is a serious answer that does actually have a solid reasoning behind it.

In regards to love in terms of a romantic relationship:

"Love is being able to fart in eachothers presence, without the other caring."

It means that when two people love eachother enough to want to spend their days together. They have basically not only accepted eachothers feelings, but also everything else that comes with the person. Basically being comfortable in eachothers company enough to be relaxed about eachothers imperfections. One aspect of it anyway.

(edited)

I think love is when you care about someone else’s well-being more than your own. 

But it’s more than that. I’ve realized recently that love is when you stay committed to someone, even during hard times. Staying by someone’s side during the good and the bad. Making sacrificies for them.

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Love is something that you can’t fall out of due to adversity, mediocrity or other conditions. If love is true it stays forever. If not, it was never truly love to begin with. Love can change its complexion though, and can become platonic when circumstances change but the depth of emotions do not. But generally speaking, as others here have already articulated better than I could, love is caring about someone else more than one’s self, and requires the happiness of that person to be happy as well. While love, especially romantic love, can potentially be the greatest and the worst of all emotions, and can bring out the best and the worst in people, true all-encompassing love, when practiced and understood, is a perfect thing.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” Corinthians 13:4-5

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Love is something that you can’t fall out of due to adversity, mediocrity or other conditions. If love is true it stays forever. If not, it was never truly love to begin with. Love can change its complexion though, and can become platonic when circumstances change but the depth of emotions do not. But generally speaking, as others here have already articulated better than I could, love is caring about someone else more than one’s self, and requires the happiness of that person to be happy as well. While love, especially romantic love, can potentially be the greatest and the worst of all emotions, and can bring out the best and the worst in people, true all-encompassing love, when practiced and understood, is a perfect thing.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” Corinthians 13:4-5

You're a dream. :pinkie::yay:

I can google it for you

“Love encompasses a range of strong and positive emotional and mental states, from the most sublime virtue or good habit, the deepest interpersonal affection, to the simplest pleasure.”

One of the first things that came up. Copied and pasted it from Wikipedia 

• Brohoof 1

• 8 months later...