gaming Bad parts in great games.

CastletonSnob

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Try it's equivalent in Prime 2 :dash:. Seriously, that part is tedious. Prime has the courtesy, at least, to give you access to the artifacts as you get power ups. Prime 2 isn't so kind, as it's mandatory to get the Light Suit, THE VERY LAST UPGRADE, to get them..... and they are all spread through the whole game, soooooo....... BACKTRACKING GALORE :mlp_icwudt:.

I won't deny that's one of the weakest parts of Prime 2, but in honesty I think it's still a 9/10 game.

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

sticking with Metroid, I find the mission to kill Nightmare in Metroid Fusion annoying, as the areas just before the boss fight are flooded..... and the motherfucker happens to have the Gravity Suit

This part I disagree, you're only forced through two flooded rooms and the fight itself is one of the best in the game imo.

In Dark Souls, many would say that Blighttown is by far the worst part of the game. No no no, not to me. By far the worst area in the game is Tomb of the Giants and it is a bad section, in my opinion. there's the obvious problem of the area being completely dark, but there are a few different ways around it. Even still, you have to go slow, much like Blighttown. The problem is that the area for one, is boring. There isn't much to look at nor is there much to explore. Secondly, the enemies are just skeletons. SKELETONS. That's it. BORING. I know it goes with the theme of the boss, but it is still so generic. THEN, comes the biggest issue: Those damn four legged skeleton assholes. Those guys are horrendous. They are the perfect example of unbalanced damage and unbalanced enemies in Dark Souls. These guys do insane damage. Their basic attacks are enough to take down half of your health, but that's not all. They have a lunging attack where they stand up and lunge down onto you. If that hits you, you just die. Doesn't matter your level or defenses, from what I have seen, it is just death. The huge issue with that, is that there are not many *bosses* in the game that can do that so easily. Especially the boss within the tomb of the giants itself, Gravelord Nito. He is basically a pushover and nothing he does comes close to killing you in a single strike. Yet, these standard skeleton enemies can do just that. I see that as terrible design and I suppose it goes along with how everything after Anor Londo was half-assed.

Speaking of things being half-assed after a certain point, Uncharted 2. Another favorite of mine. I friggin love the game, beat about 7-8 times I think, but there is one huge issue that always stuck out. The moment those magic enhanced tribal guys show up. To me, that is where the game kinda falls apart. These guys are just overpowered and bullet sponges, and they are not interesting to fight either. Along with that, we have the boss fight that finishes out the game against senior generic villain and that fight suuuuuucks. It isn't fun. It is all such a blunder on what is otherwise a masterpiece.

(edited)
21 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

In Dark Souls, many would say that Blighttown is by far the worst part of the game. No no no, not to me. By far the worst area in the game is Tomb of the Giants and it is a bad section, in my opinion. there's the obvious problem of the area being completely dark, but there are a few different ways around it. Even still, you have to go slow, much like Blighttown. The problem is that the area for one, is boring. There isn't much to look at nor is there much to explore. Secondly, the enemies are just skeletons. SKELETONS. That's it. BORING. I know it goes with the theme of the boss, but it is still so generic. THEN, comes the biggest issue: Those damn four legged skeleton assholes. Those guys are horrendous. They are the perfect example of unbalanced damage and unbalanced enemies in Dark Souls. These guys do insane damage. Their basic attacks are enough to take down half of your health, but that's not all. They have a lunging attack where they stand up and lunge down onto you. If that hits you, you just die. Doesn't matter your level or defenses, from what I have seen, it is just death. The huge issue with that, is that there are not many *bosses* in the game that can do that so easily. Especially the boss within the tomb of the giants itself, Gravelord Nito. He is basically a pushover and nothing he does comes close to killing you in a single strike. Yet, these standard skeleton enemies can do just that. I see that as terrible design and I suppose it goes along with how everything after Anor Londo was half-assed.

Speaking of things being half-assed after a certain point, Uncharted 2. Another favorite of mine. I friggin love the game, beat about 7-8 times I think, but there is one huge issue that always stuck out. The moment those magic enhanced tribal guys show up. To me, that is where the game kinda falls apart. These guys are just overpowered and bullet sponges, and they are not interesting to fight either. Along with that, we have the boss fight that finishes out the game against senior generic villain and that fight suuuuuucks. It isn't fun. It is all such a blunder on what is otherwise a masterpiece.

All of the Lord Souls were pretty easy, IMO. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 1