Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Suggestions on creating a changeling OC

Draxon

After attending BronyCon for my third time, and hearing the big news at the end of the closing ceremony, I decided to finally put some effort into creating an OC.  I'm hoping to create one who represents myself, and go to the final BronyCon in cosplay (part of what I'm doing to help make it the best one ever), so I'm getting a jump on it right away.

I've decided on a reformed changeling for a variety of reasons.  For one thing, I have no idea what my cutie mark would be if I made a pony OC; while I have some accomplishments, I don't feel that I've done anything that would cause a cutie mark to appear, and don't identify with any special talent or skill in particular.

So, a little bit about my OC's personality.  He's introverted, and while he enjoys being social, he's often very quiet unless he's around people he knows, and needs time alone to recharge after socializing (which can be quite challenging in the hive).  He often changes into different personas to avoid interaction in public spaces when he feels anxiety, which is one way he finds time to be alone.  He only reveals his true form when he's around friends and family in a comfortable situation.  Even though he may come off as antisocial at times, he enjoys sharing the things he loves with others, and getting free of Queen Chrysalis' reign was a great relief to him.  Since becoming reformed, he has grown interested in pursuing needlework and creating clothes and plush toys to express himself.

I'd like him to be more of a slice of life character than one who's involved in a larger, epic story, and I'm looking for some input from the community so that I can really create a compelling character.  One of the biggest things I have to decide on right now is a name.  It's tempting to call him Draxon, mostly for simplicity's sake, but also because I identify most strongly with that name, but I'm open to other suggestions.  Canon changelings are named for insect parts, species of plants, or in the case of Kevin, just have regular names, so I think there's a lot of room for creativity.  I'll also have to come up with a color combination for his appearance, but I think that'll mostly come down to experimentation.

If you have suggestions for a name or on ways I can improve upon my character, please jump in!  Thanx!