Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Would Article 13 Effect Poniverse?

Denim&Venöm

So I made a similar topic for discussion, but I'd like to know how MLPForums and Poniverse themselves would be effected by the passing of Article 13? I know we're not on a major platform but Article 13 isn't exactly clear on what counts as a major platform or what the status of forums and independent websites would be. Could something like Ponyville live or Pony.fm cause the site to get canned due to using copyrighted material in remixes and live broadcasts? Could Equestria.TV go down for movie nights and episode showings? Could the forums be brought down by our banner art alone? Should this be a more immediate concern for the members of our community? 

• Brohoof 1

My opinion? Since the forums and poniverse is based in Canada, I am pretty sure that the site and the organization is based on Canadian law. Second, I highly doubt this will happen but it is some sort of possibility that I hope it never comes to that all accounts from the EU would be suspended. Though since I am staff here, this is only my view on this matter and not the entire staffs view at all since I am only speaking for myself.

What it comes down to is that we can only wait and see what happens. It's entirely speculative at this point.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked