Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Themed train layout

nx9100

Hello everypony!  I'm starting a new project, and was hoping to get some suggestions from the various creative minds around here.  As you can see in the attached photo, I've got the beginnings of a model train layout.  It's built on four 6'x30" tables arranged in a square.  Each table will be a different theme, with a small divider between them.  Here's where you can help.  One table (back corner of the photo, will post better pic later) features a figure 8 pattern of train tracks.  I was thinking of building a MLP-themed village there, inside the loops.  Will populate it with blind-bag figures from my collection.  My issue is I'm not quite sure how to make buildings/structures that would look like those from the show.  I know I could just create my own and call it a never-seen-before town (as the show likes to do), but I wanted to have it recognizable to other MLP fans.  Never made buildings from scratch before, so if anyone here has some suggestions for them, or other ways to make an MLP-theme table, please share!  I mean, I could just buy the playsets, but wanted something a but more.....creative, lol.

All suggestions and ideas are welcome!

For reference, the other three tables are going to be:

1. Car Talk Plaza: themed from the radio show 'Car Talk' (table with large building)

2. Industrial area with a Transformers battle scene (right-hand table in photo)

3.  Gundam factory (far back table in photo)

4. Pony-theme (back left, darker colored wood)20190209_213704.thumb.jpg.d732f5aa9b11110c84f90ff35d7befb5.jpg

And for those of you model railroaders:  Layout is using Lionel O-27 tubular track.  Power from a vintage Lionel ZW transformer, running TMCC (original, not Legacy).  O-27 is the only size that will fit a full circle on a 30" wide table, which is why no FastTrack, as it's smallest radius is 36".

@nx9100

Because this thread is asking for assistance regarding a project that isn’t music, videos, drawing, etc. but still relating to MLP, I will be moving it to Trixie’s Tricks (Other Resources).

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Venomous said:

@nx9100

Because this thread is asking for assistance regarding a project that isn’t music, videos, drawing, etc. but still relating to MLP, I will be moving it to Trixie’s Tricks (Other Resources).

Another small section of the forum I didn't know about, lol.  My mistake, and thanks for the correction!  (as i originally posted this in the 'general' section)