Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Issues Noting Twilight being leader of Equestria

FlareGun45

So we know Twilight's gonna take Celestia's place and run Equestria with the help of the Mane Six. That's cool and all, but there are ALOTA problems to that! First off: who's gonna take Luna's place? Cadance is running the Crystal Empire, and Flurry is still too young. Maybe when Flurry grows up she can do it, or she'll take Cadance's place and Cadance takes Luna's spot.

Next: the Mane Five are running alongside Twilight, right? What's gonna happen to their occupations? They might keep them perhaps, but then there's the School to worry about. Starlight's running it on her own, unless the Mane Five can do ALL these things at once! Ponies must have alot more energy than we humans do if they can each handle THREE jobs without getting tired! Then again we dunno what the Mane Five are gonna do - Starlight might need new teachers, and Trixie's already a travelling magician so she's not gonna do it! Maybe the Student 6 will be the new teachers? They'll be the Teacher 6 now? :3

Spike MIGHT stay with Twilight, but the problem with that is, if Twilight's moving to Canterlot, the castle is already filled with assistants! Raven does the notes! There's already full of employees that do the chores and such. Spike's not gonna feel that useful in Canterlot - I can assure you that. As much as he loves staying with Twilight, he wouldn't want to unemployee the Canterlot staff even more. Starlight might need his help a whole lot more with the school! He's more than proven to be an amazing assistant to Starlight multiple times, it's probably for the best!

So yeah, regardless of the princesses letting Twilight settle her affairs, that are alota issues that need to be noted.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 1:21 AM, FlareGun45 said:

So we know Twilight's gonna take Celestia's place and run Equestria with the help of the Mane Six. That's cool and all, but there are ALOTA problems to that! First off: who's gonna take Luna's place? Cadance is running the Crystal Empire, and Flurry is still too young. Maybe when Flurry grows up she can do it, or she'll take Cadance's place and Cadance takes Luna's spot.

I can deffo see Flurry Heart inheriting TCE one day. As for someone filling Luna's job, I'm not sure. I think A Royal Problem established that only a pony with Luna's cutie mark can enter the dream realm and fulfill her role. Unless Luna is able to teach Twilight the skill, I don't see anyone taking up Luna's spot.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:21 AM, FlareGun45 said:

Next: the Mane Five are running alongside Twilight, right? What's gonna happen to their occupations? They might keep them perhaps, but then there's the School to worry about. Starlight's running it on her own, unless the Mane Five can do ALL these things at once!

I guess it's theoretically possible they could still be teachers, since Celestia teaches in her school while still ruling.

Just now, RulesofRarity said:

I guess it's theoretically possible they could still be teachers, since Celestia teaches in her school while still ruling.

Perhaps, but half the Mane 6 have regular jobs including their teaching jobs and helping Twilight rule Equestria!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, FlareGun45 said:

Perhaps, but half the Mane 6 have regular jobs including their teaching jobs and helping Twilight rule Equestria!

Oh right my bad! I think they'd have to employ others to manage their jobs. It's alright with AJ cuz she has her family, Rarity has Sassy Saddles and Coco and etc.

I thought Celestia and Luna determined to dedicate their whole life protecting and ruling Equestria.

At this point, it would be silly if Twilight replace them. The royal sisters lost divinity and mystery which could have make everything feel natural. If they are godlike beings, simply saying "It's time." and disappearing towards the sun would do. But now? They have to explain where they would be staying and the zip code of their address in case of emergency and why they are retiring. The show made things too practical to the point that the princesses retiring look ridiculous.

Twilight becoming princess in season 3 was surely rushed, but it was only a problem just because it was too early and without proper buildup. We all knew it was meant to happen eventually. Her element looks like a crown for a reason. Twilight was meant to be a leader, but after all of this, it just wouldn't work.

• Brohoof 1

The one, great big, inescapable problem I have with Twilight ruling Equestria is also so simple it’s egregious it wasn’t even remotely addressed.

Does Twilight want to rule Equestria?

Now obviously there’s tons of reasons why Twilight might be forced into taking the princesses’ place. Luna and Celestia could die, or get sick, or banished/frozen/incapacitated, and it would be up to Twilight to do the right thing and step into their shoes for the good of Equestria. But... that’s not what’s happening, they’re just retiring, and are pushing Twilight into their roles without even a discussion on if it’s what she wants, not what she’s capable of.

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, ShootingStar159 said:

The one, great big, inescapable problem I have with Twilight ruling Equestria is also so simple it’s egregious it wasn’t even remotely addressed.

Now obviously there’s tons of reasons why Twilight might be forced into taking the princesses’ place. Luna and Celestia could die, or get sick, or banished/frozen/incapacitated, and it would be up to Twilight to do the right thing and step into their shoes for the good of Equestria. But... that’s not what’s happening, they’re just retiring, and are pushing Twilight into their roles without even a discussion on if it’s what she wants, not what she’s capable of.

That's really a good point! It seems like Celestia keeps forcing these things onto Twilight cause she knows she'll listen. 

Starting in season 4 Celestia has become less saintlike and more fallible, and they’ve played this up especially in season 7. I like Celestia but she is manipulative. I don’t think this is “bad writing” I think the writers decided that perfect Celestia wasn’t as interesting, and have given her some less flattering traits.

• Brohoof 1

On 4/27/2019 at 6:18 PM, ShootingStar159 said:

I've believed for years that Twilight doesn't even like being a princess, so I truly think the evidence points to the fact that Twilight does not and never will want to rule Equestria. I know she won't reject it outright... but what if she did? 

• Brohoof 1

On 4/27/2019 at 11:48 AM, TheAnimationFanatic said:

All of which are addressed by the show. I'm almost certain that the show will answer these questions in these last couple of episodes.

I feel the exact opposite given how infrequently the show makes any serious reference to the Mane 6's occupations lately. They now have full occupations, teach part-time, serve as guardians of Equestria on a regular basis and will also run the nation's government with all the accompanying duties that entails. Good luck with that.

Edited by Roughshod
  • Brohoof 1