Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

RP limits

Matrix Twang

I'm starting to build an RP universe I hope to DM...I was wondering what the limit is? Like...can someone tell me what the extent of the PG-13 rating is? Just so I don't go past it in terms of if I make it dark or if there's kissing or whatever.

Hi @Storm Button,

The rules for RP are the same as those outlined for the rest of the forum, and can be found here 

https://mlpforums.com/guidelines/

and here

With the exact rules stating as such:

No NSFW Content: In line with the Global Rules, explicit content is strictly forbidden. This includes, but is not limited to; sexual content, excessively vulgar language, descriptions of excessive gore, intentionally erotic descriptions of a characters anatomy or actions, and so on.

• Due to the inherent NSFW nature of these properties, the following creepypastas are not allowed as RP topics: Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory.

The removal of the NSFW aspects of these fanfics to make them conform to this forum's rules while still having them be viable as RP topics has proven to be not possible. This list will be updated as new inherently NSFW properties arise.

Should you require any further assistance, the current roleplaying staff are @Randimaxis, @Derplight Sperkle, and @Lucid_Nightlight.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, Sweet Scoop said:

is making out considered NSFW? 

No, as long as it's relatively tame.  If it's something you might see in a sitcom, then it's fine; keep all descriptions and acts as PG-13 as you're able.

• Brohoof 2

On 5/29/2019 at 9:06 PM, Sweet Scoop said:

I'm starting to build an RP universe I hope to DM...I was wondering what the limit is? Like...can someone tell me what the extent of the PG-13 rating is? Just so I don't go past it in terms of if I make it dark or if there's kissing or whatever.

@Troblems pretty much said all that needs to be said here. It’s almost impossible to ever itemize the specifics about what NSFW is when it comes to romance and intimacy, which is why the rules are generally vague. If you understand the frame of reference I’m about to make, kudos to you .... but the general idea is The Notebook is good. Fifty Shades is not. 

Also, I appreciate you asking and welcome to MLPF. We are in the process of tweaking RP so excuse the dust, and as a new user and RP’er here don’t hesitate to drop me a line with any suggestions. A fresh perspective can really help. 

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Sweet Scoop said:

Thanks for the answers! :)

Everything I had questions about was resolved, so this thread is finished! :)

thanks again!

Anytime. I'll close this out then. 

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked