Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hello everyone.

Moonybear

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

Google

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Back in 2011, just after Season 2 started, I was on 4chan. I was one of the people arguing against "Bronies" and thought the whole thing was creepy and weird, and was just sick of seeing the pony spam all day in every thread. During one argument, somebody asked me "Have you watched it?", of course I replied with "Hell no, I don't like stuff made for little girls!". His reply was simple. "You're on this website arguing, so you obviously have some free time. Go find the first episode and if you hate it, at least you'll be able to argue with us better". 

So I did. I watched the first episode. That Brony tricked me, because it was a 2 parter. So naturally I had to watch the second part as well. I didn't think it was terrible, but this was the big opening, of course they'll put all their time and effort into it, so I watched episode 3 as well. Well, there's 6 ponies and this was obviously about just 1 of them, so I suppose I may as well watch for the others...
You get the idea. 

I binge watched the entire first series, and by the time I was done, that thread was dead and I had no way of telling the Brony my thoughts. I still think, to this day, who he was and whether or not he's still enjoying it, right until the end, or if he was just an elaborate troll who wanted me to waste my time. Either way, I now have a My Little Pony Tattoo and am heart broken it's all come to an end, so whoever he was; Thank you. 

I stopped engaging with the community some time in 2016, but I've never stopped watching. I guess I'm turning to the fandom because, in all honesty, I don't think I'm ready for this to be over. 

So hello everybody. I hope we all get along. 

• Brohoof 4

On 9/5/2019 at 11:24 AM, Moonybear said:

Back in 2011, just after Season 2 started, I was on 4chan. I was one of the people arguing against "Bronies" and thought the whole thing was creepy and weird

[SNIP] 

I now have a My Little Pony Tattoo and am heart broken it's all come to an end, so whoever he was; Thank you. 

It's okay. We forgive you. We wouldn't be able to call ourselves bronies if we can't take the message of friendship seriously.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have a wonderful time here. Let's all watch the finale together. :squee:

@Moonybear So you were the hater? I am just kidding!

There were so many people being against the bronies back then, possibly because there were way too many Rainbow Dash avatars around! Why wouldn't you feel that way? I would! Only I was into MLP before G4 (no not G3, we are talking G1). It was quite fun to watch the battle between good and evil on the Internet. But being part of it must have sucked.

You are the first one I have seen who actually came from 4chan! I have only heard rumor of that place (Only good things right? No, only bad things, a lot of bad things). I know from proud stories how it was the birthplace of the bronies. And I guess we all are a rest product of that?

Anyways, welcome to the forum! :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

I think a lot more people may have come from places like 4 chan than most would think. I'm sure a lot just pretend they didn't. 

I'm the first to admit I'm ashamed of the way I used to act pre 2011 (when I got into the show and the community). I was homophobic, sexist, racist, you name it. I'm not sure how much I actually believed in those things but I definitely said all the terrible things you could imagine to get attention. Thinking back on it, it's easy to see why I found myself in that position, and why my little pony was the perfect saviour I needed at the time. 

I'm disabled, and very anxious, so this means I don't have many friends and never have. To be an artist, you need to be talented. To be a gamer, you need to be skilled. To be an athlete, you need to be healthy. I was none of those things. 4chan was the only place I felt I belonged because the requirement was simple; an Internet connection and the ability to at least trick yourself into thinking you have no empathy for others..

Then my little pony came a long and it was a whole community full of people who cared. The barrier for entry was just as low, but everything else was the polar opposite. I don't know if I was ever truly a bad person, but when I doubt myself I have to remind myself that between the two, I chose to love and tolerate, and never looked back. I think this is why the characters I most enjoy in the show are starlight glimmer, trixie, discord, sunset shimmer and any other reformed villain. 

Sorry for rambling, but I think it's an important part of who I am, and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way, so on the off chance other people can relate, perhaps they can choose to be proud of their choices instead of ashamed of their past. 

• Brohoof 1