Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else expected better from the villains?

Sepul-Coloratura

I think the biggest letdown for me about the villains wasn't about who Grogar was, because frankly I didn't feel anything personal about him. If he was just a stronger version of Tirek, Pony of Shadows, it would be just meh. He just felt like a superficial threat and an excuse to make an epic final battle. However, what I expected more of other villains, is the little fraction of humanity and respect they showed to each other at Frienemies. I thought an unstoppable villain like Grogar would force the other three villains to unite and show a little bit of redeeming quality and show them choosing to do a right thing at the moment of truth. Partially because of their own survival and ambitions depended on Grogar's defeat, but also the three started connecting to each other in a person level (they think they aren't but they are). I thought I would get something like a Vegita moment from those three, less or more. Grogar seemed irredeemable, the other three had a little bit of humanity. The moment Tirek kept his words and returned his power to Chrysalis was so powerful, and I hoped to see the extension of that in the finale.

TLDR : The three villains should have shown some friendship towards each other so to speak.

Edited by Sepul-Coloratura
  • Brohoof 1

I think the fact that the villains were able to work together (with a few bumps along the way) until the very end already showed they at least had some connection with or appreciation for each other. 

I felt the message was more that friendship doesn't magically solve everything; you should also have the desire to change. 

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 1

I had hoped for Grogar to be the final villain of the series who was betrayed by the other villains thus allowing them to reform to some extent. I was honestly expecting there to be some kind of reformation given how it's been used so often. But, we were surprised completely with what actually happened.

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

They are not exactly nice people, not to say arrogant and egotistical, so their interactions were just perfect in my opinion it was one of the best aspects of the finale. 

I would accept them being evil and bad, but my disappointment comes from the fact that they showed dignity for once and built trust towards each other. That eventually didn't go anywhere special. The villains teamed up, but they are pretty much being treated as one and their relatuonship, even for such a good subject, stopped being part of the story.

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Sepul-Coloratura said:

I would accept them being evil and bad, but my disappointment comes from the fact that they showed dignity for once and built trust towards each other. That eventually didn't go anywhere special. The villains teamed up, but they are pretty much being treated as one and their relatuonship, even for such a good subject, stopped being part of the story.

They did show trust to one another and helped each other(tirek and chrysalis saved cozy glow and they did work together when they really needed it), but when things started going they had disagreements what to do next and it makes total sense since they have different personalities(and huge egos) and argued, it happens to all friends sometimes and considering who they are and what they did its understandable. Plus, I liked how their personalities played of each other. 

• Brohoof 1