Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is There A List Of Operating Systems MLPF Can And Can't Work With?

Denim&Venöm

Found out recently that the forums mobile page is no longer accessible on the BlackBerry 10 OS. Notifications, Inbox and the ability to post and reply no longer function. So is there a way of finding out which versions of current operating systems the forums can still work on? Or at least what's the oldest a phone can be before the forums are no longer compatible? 

I think it probably depends on the browser and how up to date it is. Older browsers like let's say... Internet Explorer 3 or Netscape probably won't work very well since this site does use liberal use of javascript.

You'll see that in common with a lot of older browsers that don't support javascript.

Blackberry OS is an odd animal when it comes to compatibility with many things. It’s been falling apart at the seams for a while now and has reach End of Life. That means many applications (including browsers) have been starting to break since support no longer exists. Even in the crack/hack community it’s something that they have admitted is finally .... dead. 

An exhaustive list is probably not something that we can verify outside of suggesting that any OS that is still being supported with updated mainstream browser software should work. Amusingly,  this post made me curious so I did launch a cracked version of IMB’s OS2 Warp with an ancient IE and it almost worked for 2 seconds. 

• Brohoof 1

I'd think it is generally assumed with a lot of modern websites that their users would be using a more modern browser, so having a browser compatibility list, or dare I mention even the old Netscape and IE browser buttons that were common on a lot of late 90's-early 00's websites would be a bit pointless IMO.

Edited by Nightfall Gloam

• 4 months later...

An exhaustive list is probably not something that we can verify outside of suggesting that any OS that is still beingsupported with updated mainstream browser software should work.

Because this question has been answered as sufficiently as possible, this thread will be closed.

• The topic was locked