Illiad Easle

OOC A Cultural Exchange 1x1 with Sherem OOC

(edited)

Link to the RP: HERE

This is the OOC thread, OOC comments go here.

Edited by Illiad Easle
Added RP link

Badges

Nice, thank you for setting all this up man

Badges

@Sherem

Might I ask what the included spell on the letter does? I do believe it will affect what Midnight does.

Badges

It is a spell that goes deep into his mind to relive any past trauma like he was living on it again

Badges

@Sherem

Not a big deal yet, but you're starting to go a bit too far with your side, I didn't send Midnight to the throne room after all, yet there he is. While honestly that's likely where he'd go given the guards out front I was planning to send him up the tower.

Again, it's fine for now, but it is typically a bad idea to move someone else's character.

Badges

got It, my bad I will refrain for doing that again

• Yay 1

Badges

@Sherem

Alright, Midnight's abilities, and I do expect that knowledge is not unfairly shared with Sheoreth.

Midnight is a form of Mesohippus from another world. Essentially he's an ancient form of Earth Pony, in that he shares in their remarkable constitution, but rather than having an Earth pony's connection to nature his kind have a strong ability with gravity, allowing them to lift very heavy weights, strike devastating blows, run at incredible speeds(like how electromagnetic trains work, alternating pushing and pulling), and even climb near vertical surfaces. Midnight has spent a thousand years refining and perfecting his abilities, making his strikes especially strong, his ground speed as fast as most pegasi can fly, and being able to walk across ceilings when unencumbered. As he is with his armor he can manage only up to vertical surfaces.

I'm not expecting an easy fight of course, but I expect that it'll at least be even, provided Sheoreth's own abilities are not too overwhelming.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

(edited)

Indeed, let me give you a rundown on Sherem/Sheoreth. Since they share the same mind and body they have the same skills, however some skills can be used, cannot be used by the other.

First as an alicorn, they can fly pretty fast with some impulse of magic, He has been trained on the uses of Spear And sword, but never a shield. He has around 1000 years of experience due to the time he was into the stasis fighting. He can step and doge fast do to the physical training he went during his youth. However he is not that experienced in magic of combat, no flame spells or defensive spells. While Sherem can use sunlight as projectiles, Sheoreth can merge with Shadows. Thanks to his father, who is a doctor, Sherem/Sheoreth knows about vital points in the pony body, Sherem is more like a Bruiser Paladin, while Sheoreth is a fencer.

should you see any problems with this let me know 

Edited by Sherem
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

@Sherem

Good to know,  I would expect then that Sherem is faster than midnight while flying, slower when running, but should still be fast enough to dodge or block most but not all of Midnight's attacks. Given Midnight is not a true pony the vital points wont be quite as effective, but given enough time I wouldn't be surprised if he were able to work out the differences.

They seem evenly matched, Midnight is mostly a brawler tank, relatively unskilled in weapons outside of his retractable shoe daggers, preferring to let strikes hit in order to remain close rather than dodge.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

In a Way the seem to share some mindset on the battle, not minding to do sacrifices for the info or the data.

Badges

@Sherem

So it looks like it's the end of the fight now, what's the total damages? As far as I'm aware Midnight has bruises along his barrel from the deflected stockades, a minor stab would a serious stab wound, and a chest stab, and is missing his helmet.

As far as I'm aware on Sherem's side there should be serious bruising to his head, a minor stab wound, and potentially be missing part of his horn.

Anything I missed or misread?

Badges

Not really, and while his horn received damage, is not cut off or broken, but it is like with dents around it, the rest is as you describe. 

Badges

Okay, so Midnight got a cut in, but not all the way through. Sounds reasonable

Badges

we are in agreement partner

Badges

@Sherem

Alright, before we go too much further I think we should pound out exactly what Slend and Sheoreth are, and how they can interact rather than blindly flail at each other.

I have stated in the RP that Sheoreth acts much like I've thought out for Shadow Specters, and if you're in agreement we could officially say he is one, but that can come after I explain what they are:

At their most basic, a Shadow Specter acts as a sort of independent extension of a central hive mind, called a King. Specters typically begin by being separated from the main mass of the King, given understanding proportional to its size and purpose, then sent out to perform a task.

Most specters are reabsorbed into the King upon completion of the task, but those that perform very well may be kept separate and given greater understanding, these often develop personalities and are referred to as Knights. Given enough time to develop and grow a Knight can gain enough power to overthrow a King, though this is rare.

Specters are skilled in shadow, dark, and mental magic. Their main mode of interacting with the world is either through the shadows, or by mental possession. Usually a specter makes a deal with the one they interact with in order to take a seat in their body.

Specters are weak against sunlight, and feed on heat. Exposed for too long to direct sunlight their mass looses maliability and turns bright red before falling off their bodies. Enough exposure and the specter dies. Given their size most Kings hide in caves to avoid sunlight.

Specters fight by mental domination, given most physical forms of combat are ineffectual. Between specters, when one dominates another they can either be molded to match the dominator, or absorbed to add to the dominator's mass and power.

Specters attached to a King can draw on their king's power when close to them, it is very difficult to dominate a Knight who is close to it's king.

Slend is a Specter Knight who's king is preparing them to become a king in their own right. They are well trained in mental manipulation and more especially how to defend against it.

As I've seen from Sheoreth, he's following the same pattern as I would anticipate for a specter, Sombra would have been a King who separated Sheoreth for the purpose of controlling Sherem, Sombra tortured Sherem until he accepted Sheoreth into his mind, the implanted crystals serving to amplify his power and control as most specters are unable to control an unwilling host.

Given the time and separation from their king, Sheoreth has likely matured into a King in his own right, but bound as he is to Sherem he cannot separate any mass off to form knights.

Thoughts?

Badges

I agree, although the sunlight weakness cannot apply to Sheoreth since he is already inside the body of Sherem, maybe we can find more ways to add weaknesses to him. Though not that easy since, for now at least, he is the antagonist of the story.

Now A questions of my own.

Do you have any complains or problems with the rp?

Any comments on the progress?

Are you truly finding this experience enjoyable? 

Badges