Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EQG guide

Fluttershutter

Hello!

The My Little Pony wiki has a very helpful list of all animated Equestria Girls content here. The YouTube channel also has playlists for both seasons here and here. Last time I checked, the chose-your-ending shorts were broken on YouTube, but you can find all of the endings on the wiki. 

• Brohoof 2

I recommend watching the movies in the order as they have came out. Most of the shorts are set after the Friendship Games and the Legends of Everfree movies.
That will help with getting familiar with the magic and characters etc. But overall it's really straightforward and it's not really lore heavy.

I suggest starting by watching the films in release order, as well as the specials. As for the shorts, that's when things get a bit tricky. Most of them take place in between the events of the specials, but you can usually distinguish which ones by the way the characters are dressed or the locations they're at.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If you haven't seen the post-Legend of Everfree specials, they're on Netflix under "Tales of Canterlot High." The first two specials after that, "Forgotten Friendship" and "Rollercoaster of Friendship," are also listed individually on Netflix, if you don't want to watch them split into six separate chunks on YouTube. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond

I wished the Choose Your Own Ending video links get fixed. Watching the troubled character look between the 3 choices as thinking music plays is what made those videos so special to me