Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nick Confalone reveals plans for EQG Finale

Megas

Spoiler

Looks like they would have actually addressed the elephant in the room and finally bring in Humanland Sunset. Reading this, I'm willing to believe the possibility of it ending with Sunset returning to Equestria permanently

EDIT: I should probably reiterate that this isn't happening, this is just something he had planned had Hasbro let him end the season/series properly

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 8

32 minutes ago, Megas said:

Looks like they would have actually addressed the elephant in the room and finally bring in Humanland Sunset. Reading this, I'm willing to believe the possibility of it ending with Sunset returning to Equestria permanently

What if Sunset Shimmer was like Lyra and Pinkie and was able to cross between dimensions without her friends knowledge. :o

Pfft, who needs that when we had the characters dressing up as vegetables? :pinkie:

Seriously, HUGE BUMMER we missed out on an actual conclusion to Sunset Shimmer's arc. Fandom, get on the fan conclusion stat. 

• Brohoof 1

And to think that a lot of people had been curious as to what happened to the Sunset Shimmer of the human world. This gives us an idea of what they were planning on doing even though it ultimately ended up never happening due to factors beyond their control.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed the post.
  • Brohoof 1

I couldn’t care less about this series but I will watch the end of it. I already watched the first 4 so I might as well stick out the final. It’s the same case with me & Pony Life, as it’s an atrocious series but I watched it to satisfy my curiosity. 

Plot twist - there is another Sunset Shimmer in Equestria; the Sunset we know who studied under Celestia was actually from the EqG world all along, having been pulled into the palace by the magical imbalance created by the Pillars banishing the Dazzlings in the first place...

I have been wondering if they would ever bring that up regarding where the human Sunset went. While we may not get it in the animated fashion, maybe we'll get it in the comics instead. Time and patience will tell.

52 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Fingers crossed that we still get this in the comics. 

I wouldn't mind this so long as Ted Anderson stays the hell away from it

• Brohoof 1

This sounded GREAT! Why the hell did Hasbro scrap this and not let Equestria Girls have an ending?!? If they were going to can it after Season 2 then why not let this last special happen? It sounds like it would've wrapped everything up!

• Brohoof 1

• This topic was featured and pinned

I don't know anything about EQG as I've only seen the first movie and I want to say Rainbow Rocks? And only the beginning of the Everfree movie, but I would've loved to know what happened to human Sunset. 

Anybody wanna give me a rundown of what's all happened in EQG, if possible?

Edited by Neoeryn

• 2 weeks later...

The series has never really dealt with the problem of Equestrian magic leaking into humanland; I always thought it was setting that up for a later special that never happened. Tying the human Sunset Shimmer into that would have been extra cool. I always preferred the idea that she was just off somewhere else, but it would explain a lot if the Sunset we know somehow replaced her. I still wonder how innocent an alternate version of Sunset Shimmer could really be, but maybe she had her own redemption arc offscreen. 

At the same time, I just don't feel like Sunset's redemption arc was "ongoing," even in 2017. That was kinda my problem with "Forgotten Friendship" - I don't feel like it adds anything, because I don't think there's a lot left to add to that story. It would have been better to give her something new to worry about. 

• Brohoof 1

It would be awesome if human Sunset Shimmer was some sort of demon in hell, waiting for the right time to strike with her army. Perhaps she attended the canterlot high school before Celestia and Luna were principals there and still holds a grudge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It's really sad that Equestia Girls kind of just fizzled out. Equestia Girls really needed at least one more movie to wrap up Sunset's whole character arc.

I'm not very hopeful for a gen 5 follow-up to Equestia Girls. I sadly feel that Equestia Girls story will forever go unresolved.