Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Good Drawing Tablet?

AcePony

Anyone know of a good drawing tablet that I can use for my computer? I don't want anything over the top or that's too expensive, but something that will do the job well. I'm currently looking at the Wacom Bamboo Connect. Thanks for all input! :D

P.S. I Need it to draw more ponies! :D

(edited)

There's this tablet called PAPER. Unfortunately, you'll need to buy a stylus for it, called a PENCIL

Oh, for your computer.

I find that most tablets work really well. I'd say you should just go and buy the cheapest one out there that works.

Edited by Adam the Super Brony

• 3 months later...

Allrighty, I went out and purchased myself a Wacom Bamboo tablet for roughly $100.

I like it, it works, it takes some getting used to but it is totally worth it. Thanks for the input, guys!

:D

I don't know about you, but I draw on my Nexus 7. Yeah, it's 200 dollars, but I found an app that is great for sketching on it. An added bonus is that you can use it for normal handheld computerish things too.

Actually, I purchased mine on the Fifth of september. One step ahead of you, bro. I got the 16Gb. More room for PONIESSSS! :P

What is the name of the app?

And yes, Nexus 7 possesses a Quad-Core Tegra 3 Processor clocked at 1.3GHZ each, 1GB ram, twice as powerful as a iPad, and it's just pure.... awesome.

Android 4.1 for the win, you deserve a brohoof! /)

• Brohoof 1

Yes! It truly is awesome. Of course, drawing would be easier if you have a stylus, but I drew a fairly good pony with the Sketchbook Express app for it. There is a free version and a paid version. A really good feature of it is that it has layers. It is probably the most powerful free drawing app on the play store. Also brohoof for Jellybean (\

Edited by aperture_tech

Yes! It truly is awesome. Of course, drawing would be easier if you have a stylus, but I drew a fairly good pony with the Sketchbook Express app for it. There is a free version and a paid version. A really good feature of it is that it has layers. It is probably the most powerful free drawing app on the play store.

Get this. The tablet I purchased came with a desktop copy of Sketchbook Express!

I still have that phr33 $25 Play Store credit... >:D

Planned on getting the case for nexus, but the shipping is $10, the case costs $19, can't cover $29 with $25 play store lol...

Also, here's a bro-tip.

Stylus? Hell no.

Shhh...

Use a sausage. As weird as it sounds, the sausage(I use the slim jims, got three boxes of 100 each) is thin and conducts finger electricity superbly. You can use it in the winter with gloves, too!

And if it's in the little plastic wrapper, that the Slim Jims are packed in, no grease stains etc!

Layers, eh? I haven't found the layers for the desktop version yet.

I appreciate your comment, you're helping me to use my electronics to the fullest.

You are a chamption, my friend.

I also recommend you get two apps:

AVG antivusic(very helpful) and

Advanced Task Manager; with one button it closes all the open processes, makes it much faster.

I don't have one, but if you do get one I heard they go great with Photoshop. You have Photoshop, right? I only have paint MS .-. Go me.

Anyway...hope you have better luck then me.

I don't have one, but if you do get one I heard they go great with Photoshop. You have Photoshop, right? I only have paint MS .-. Go me.

Anyway...hope you have better luck then me.

Actually, I do not have photoshop. I'm a student, so I can't really afford photoshop without a current job, hah.

I use Gimp, it's like a free version of Photoshop, but I'm way more used to photoshop as I use it for art at school. I use Illustrator for art at school, too.

Paint MS is not a bad program, to tell ya the truth. It can deem very useful very quickly, however, a drawback is that it only does the basic things, I doubt layers and tinting/shade are there.

Go for gimp, though. It's a very good program for free!

I should try and opt for a student download of Photoshop. Thanks for the idea. :P

Get this. The tablet I purchased came with a desktop copy of Sketchbook Express!

I still have that phr33 $25 Play Store credit... > :D

Planned on getting the case for nexus, but the shipping is $10, the case costs $19, can't cover $29 with $25 play store lol...

Also, here's a bro-tip.

Stylus? Hell no.

Shhh...

Use a sausage. As weird as it sounds, the sausage(I use the slim jims, got three boxes of 100 each) is thin and conducts finger electricity superbly. You can use it in the winter with gloves, too!

And if it's in the little plastic wrapper, that the Slim Jims are packed in, no grease stains etc!

Layers, eh? I haven't found the layers for the desktop version yet.

I appreciate your comment, you're helping me to use my electronics to the fullest.

You are a chamption, my friend.

I also recommend you get two apps:

AVG antivusic(very helpful) and

Advanced Task Manager; with one button it closes all the open processes, makes it much faster.

I actually already have both of those, probably the first apps I got on it. But yeah, thanks for all the pointers! I would have never guessed that using slim jims would work on a capacitive touchscreen. But yeah, I wish I had bought that case and a 16 GB version. They were out of both at the time. I also kinda wish I had bought the Nexus Q. Everybody who preordered it ended up getting it for free.
  • Brohoof 1

I actually already have both of those, probably the first apps I got on it. But yeah, thanks for all the pointers! I would have never guessed that using slim jims would work on a capacitive touchscreen. But yeah, I wish I had bought that case and a 16 GB version. They were out of both at the time. I also kinda wish I had bought the Nexus Q. Everybody who preordered it ended up getting it for free.

Yep, first apps for me too.

Slim jims work amazing in the winter, wearing gloves, too.

I was going to get the $200 8GB one, then I said F this, just pay the extra $50 and have more room for... Ponies, yep, you guessed it.

The music I put in? 2gb. The pony episodes? 5gb. Not counting 100mb worth of FimFictions, lol.

The best part about a nexus, is it is very friendly and INSANELY EASY to take apart. Credit cards can pop off the back, replace the battery easy, etc. But watch out for small antennas in back.

@vexx3

Thank you for moving this. I appreciate it, I had no idea such a topic page existed! :D

Thanks again, cheers.

Hehehehe, bump.

• Brohoof 1