Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Midnight's Non-Pony Pictures

MidnightFire1222

(edited)
Request 5 of 23 from the Christmas 2020 batch on deviantart. This one was requested by Tipsysheep, who asked me to draw their OC Alyssa.

She's a very pretty character. She also doesn't like shoes, so I gave her some polka-dot socks (partly because I didn't want to draw toes). I didn't think a dress would be appropriate for the pose, so i went with more casual clothes that were described instead.
497804958_5.TipsysheepOCAlyssasittingwithhandsinlapORlayingwithhandsbehindherhead.thumb.png.3709bba9424a2a668e345f4faa289146.png
Request 6 of 23 from the Christmas 2020 batch on deviantart. This one was requested by pokeczarelf, who asked me to draw their OC Zeras.

This one was a bit of a challenge to draw. I'm not sure I hit all the points quite right for the character, but I do like how he came out regardless.
1649189145_6.pokeczarelfOCZerasposewasprovided.thumb.png.bd68a79617b83dfcf22ec96647f36190.png
Edited by MidnightFire1222

It's the first time in a very long time that I've drawn this little girl. I suppose you could call this a redesign, but not much has really changed about her appearance. The clothes are almost all the same (she wears a tank top and shorts underneath that huge sweater, btw) and her markings mostly are as well. They shifted slightly on her legs, where the darker bit used to be below the knee as opposed to above it. She also now has glasses and a backpack, but that's all for appearance changes.

Anyway, this is Isabelle Fontain. She's 11 years old, and a Basset hound, so she's kind of short for her age.

As for her backstory, that's changed a bit. Originally I made her dim-witted and  I think I had her be adopted before.
Personality wise, she's a social butterfly. She loves to meet new people and learn new things. She's still very happy-go-lucky and it appears as if nothing can bother her. People tend to think she's very aloof and naive, but she's actually incredibly intelligent.

Isabelle is the daughter of a scientist and a doctor. She was born with a rare condition known as CIP, which is Congenital insensitivity to Pain, which also known as congenital analgesia. This basically means she can't feel any type of physical pain, and has never felt it. Because of this she also has trouble sensing temperature changes with hot and cold, and her sense of touch is dulled quite a bit. Her father built a device that can sense these things for her. It was implanted in the back of her neck at a young age (like one might microchip a pet). The device is microscopic and causes no discomfort, but it can sense these changes for Isabelle, sending signals to her brain to tell her if its hot or cold out, or if she's starting to burn herself or anything similar. It can't help her with feeling pain or improving her sense of touch, so she has to be quite aware of anything that might be causing her body physical harm.

Due to her advanced intellect, Isabelle has advanced through many grades quite quickly. Technology interests her a great deal, and she's actually taking college level courses at her age. It's not uncommon to see her backpack full of broken electronics. She enjoys figuring out how they work and attempting to put said electronics back together, many times succeeding in her endeavors.

601816244_IsabelleFontain(BassetHound)slightredesign.thumb.png.5536f98d5313efdc9797ec6080016303.png

• 2 weeks later...
Request 7 of 23 from the batch of Christmas ones from deviantart. I said these would take awhile to get out now, but I am still planning to do them all eventually even though i am back at work now. Anyway, this one was for DarkCavaliere who asked me to draw their OC Carmella in a pose like this with this kind of outfit.
165052614_7.DarkCavaliereOCCarmellaonkneessmiling.thumb.png.227b11d851bc99fba245182a913b3e98.png

• 2 weeks later...
In one of the chapters of my sonamy fanfic 'Wars of the Heart', an alternate outfit was introduced for Amy Rose. I haven't done a picture for it before, but here it is now, both with and without the cloak that was described, as she loses it in another one of the chapters. I do love how this came out though, as it's pretty much exactly how I imagined. She also does still and always will have that scar over her left eye. It's just not there because it's covered by her bangs.

565251874_WarriorAmyRosealternateoutfit.thumb.png.ca007fe3387e2fbbab8d3a6c5134852e.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Saw Amy Rose as Dawn drawn by @quark196 retweeted by @HimeMikal on Twitter. Got inspired to do one too but didn't to copy, so I did Rouge instead and dressed her as Hilda (Pokemon Black/White trainer).

I think she came out quite well. I wanna do more diverse poses and whatnot. The right hand might be a slight bit awkward (it's not a pose I've ever tried before), but overall I'm pleased with how this came out.

772658829_RougetheBatdressedasHildafromPokemonBlackandWhite.png.cab64af8f20d099424fbb406beb2b5ad.png

(edited)
Request 10 from the Christmas 2020 batch. Yeah I still have several of them. Still plan to finish all the ones that I can. This one was from Mike-the-dabbler, who asked me to draw Rayla from Dragon Prince.

Yet another show I know nothing about, but I did my best. The outfit isn't 100% accurate, but I did the best that I could. I can't remember ever drawing a hand being held up like that, so that was a nice little challenge to get the way I wanted it to be.

1873438097_10.Mike-the-dabblerRaylafromDragonPrinceposeuptome.png.75ac4940a4457af152ee354928399331.png
Edited by MidnightFire1222

Request 11 for CapricornDiem456 from the Christmas 2020 batch on deviantart. This is their OC Ailsa the Axolotl and her chao Fauna.

Had fun with this one too. I have fun doing most drawings really. I'm halfway through the requests as of posting this one.
1971441581_11.CapricornDiem456OCAilsatheAxolotlandherChaoFaunadancintballet.png.30034979da2f53b5e0ca20e56ace2e07.png

Request 13 from the December batch on deviantart. This one was from NeptuneProProduction who asked for G1 Optimus Prime waving and wearing an Agal Keffiyeh.

I'll be honest, I was apprehensive to draw this one. Robots are not my forte, but as I never made a rule that I'd make them all full-body, I settled for a half body and it still fits the criteria. I think it came out pretty good. Also, please forgive me if I drew the head wear wrong at all, I know nothing about them.
1543880454_13.NeptuneProProductionG1OptimusPrimehappilywavingwhilewearingAgalandKeffiyeh.png.b7cbcea1ed2153d8632aa8c28ce972bf.png

Request 15 from the December batch last year on deviantart. 7 more to go as of posting this. This one was for
@randomgirl8910, who asked for her OC Amber the Hedgehog to be drawn.

I'll admit, I had trouble coming up with a pose for this one so I ended up looking to one of my favorite Sonic artists for inspiration and I found some. Amber is quite adorable, and I had fun drawing her. I tried something different with the lining this time around and I think it came out pretty good. Also to anyone wondering, she's blind in her right eye (the open one). Her other eyes is actually a pink color, but of course you can't see it because it's closed.

Pose based off this drawing: https://www.deviantart.com/himemikal/art/Sketch-Commission-Zania-Astrid-838239663 drawn by the very talented artist HimeMikal

1680096875_15.randomgirl8910OCAmbertheHedgehog.png.6055ffbd1140628369fc6520a70e1292.png

• 2 weeks later...
So I've had this character in mind for quite awhile and finally decided to sit down and draw him. Meet Enoch DeSoto, Kameena DeSoto's Uncle. Decided to do a sort of reference sheet, just showing his markings without his clothes.

He's around his mid-50's. A retired pilot for GUN, he mentored Scarlette O'Harris, who is Kameena's best friend. He also has pyrokinetic abilities (yes, like Blaze, but probably more destructive and slightly less controlled).

As for why he has horns, my reasoning is that many generations ago, his family made a pact with elemental demons. The exact reasoning is unknown, but it was to be a mutually beneficial arrangement where Enoch's family would act as hosts and would gain elemental abilities. These start to show up roughly around the age of 13 or so, but have been known to manifest earlier or later. One little drawback is that under extreme emotional duress, the host would involuntarily turn into a demonic form. While it increased their elemental abilities ten-fold, it's also a huge strain on the body and the host can't always control themselves. it is possible for the host to learn to summon the demonic form at will without the worry of losing control, and a sign that they've mastered it is that horns will grow out of the head, and the eyes will turn similar to what Enoch's look like. Kameena doesn't have horns or those eyes, because she has yet to master her demon's form.

As for who Enoch is as a person, he's quite mellow and laid back despite his appearance. Get past that, and he's generally the world's biggest teddy bear. Just don't mess with his family. The scarf around his neck was given to him by his wife and he's almost always wearing it.

1551323056_KameenaDeSotosUncleEnochDesoto.thumb.png.63a4c2156e004eb4be14c42461f4a0da.png
  • Brohoof 1

So I said awhile back that my hedgehog Sonic girl Amelia "Lia" Maraku had light powers and that her eye marks and quill ends glowed when she used them. However, I didn't actually showcase that happening, until now.

Lia doesn't like direct confrontation, so one of the ways she'll manifest her light powers is a bow she uses to fire arrows made of pure light. They can do just as much damage as any regular bow. The only limit to how much ammunition she has is how long she can keep it up. The markings around her left eye as well as at the ends of her head quills also glow when she uses her powers.

679436328_AmeliaMarakulightwielder.thumb.png.0022b1a7f09c29bda00fb6efaef3e55d.png
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
I haven't shared any of the 'Forging New Paths' characters that there currently are in quite awhile. Haven't made any new drawings of them or anything since I did the first Shadow. Well, the reason for the outfit change is because the person playing Shadow dropped out of the rp but got picked up by my friend RyuForce. They wanted a different outfit for Shadow and commissioned me to help draw it. Anyway, I'll share his story below again, in addition to anything that has happened since the last drawing was made:

'His backstory is mainly the same, creation of Dr. Gerald Robotnik on the ARK 50 years prior to the start of the events of the rp, an artificial creature from Black Doom's DNA, along with some genetic make up from Chaos and Gaia with a mobian hedgehog as a base. GUN attacked the ARK and Gerald was killed. Maria lived this time, through was gravely injured. Shadow and Maria escaped the ARK and he managed to get her into a stasis chamber powered by a chaos emerald in order to sustain her life while her injuries healed, though it stalled her aging, corrupted her DNA (there's a story behind it for another time) and caused her memories to disappear.

Shadow was captured and subsequently imprisoned in a cryo chamber deep beneath Prison Island only to be found 50 years later when Ivo Robotnik, current emperor of Metropolis, noticed a black zone disturbance caused by chaos energy (in this AU, chaos energy is parasitic to electrical energy, meaning it wreaks havoc on machines and shuts anything down powered by electricity until the source of the chaos energy is removed or contained, wherein power will soon return). It was there Shadow first en ountered Lara and Sonic who at the time were split up from Tails and Sonic's younger sister Sonia due to a prior incident with a creature composed mostly of water and machine like parts, an avian 'chaos spawn'. Shadow fought and won against both of them, breaking Lara Su's arm in the process and taking her green chaos emerald for himself.

About a week or so later he went on an expedition with Robotnik, a machine called METAL (not Metal Sonic), an agent called Rooke Lorain, and a spider monkey going by the name of Scarf. They went there to retrieve some vital data, pairing up to take on the ARK's defenses where Shadow also tried to locate Maria but couldn't find her on Mobius. Assuming her dead, he planned to help Robotnik with stopping Doom's Approach and take revenge on the people responsible for Maria's supposed death.

This would eventually lead him to Chun-Nan in search of another chaos emerald for the cannon aboard the ARK, where he met some of the continent's best protectors. He fought them, first a pair called Dulcy (a dragon, whom Shadow killed) and Jian (a tiger, whom Shadow injured badly but left alive) followed by a fight in a temple against a mobian tortoise called Bunker who was surprisingly agile for her seemingly advanced age while a pheasant called Cinder stayed on defense. It ended in somewhat of a stalemate where Shadow started to charge up what would have been a devastating chaos blast, only to be given the emerald from the temple by Bunker without anymore resistance. After that he left with a regretful 'I'm sorry' before beginning the search for more of the chaos emeralds hidden throughout the world.'

UPDATES TO SHADOW'S STORY:

Following the retrieval of the chaos emerald in Chun-nan, Shadow returned to the ARK and inserted the emerald into the Chaos Core Drive. Dr. Robonik brought personal and robots aboard the previously abandoned space colony to begin repairs. During this time, a message was broadcasted to the world following the firing of the Eclipse Cannon to partially shatter the moon as a warning. A doomsday clock of one month began its countdown before DOOM arrived upon Mobius.

Shadow meanwhile remained on the ARK, his blood sampled by a recently kidnapped Dr. Alabast (Vanilla) as she is forced to work under Robotnik. The ARK's repairs continued, fixes that would take days or even weeks taking just mere hours due to the ARK's 'Dialation Phase', a special function of the station that allows time to be sped up around it while anything beyond stays its normal course.

198932259_C99RyuForce9172discordForgingNewPathsShadownewoutfit.png.32b0f9e0ba2617dfea4af17c810472fb.png
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

So I've been seeing a lot of Sonic characters turned pirates lately, because of that Sonic Dash thing where Sonic and Shadow are dressed like pirates. Other characters have been getting put in pirate outfits and while I haven't done it for any of the canon characters, I felt like dressing one of my OCs up like a pirate. I might do more. It was really fun making and outfit for Scarlette. Plus some of my other Sonic OCs need some love (ones I haven't drawn in literal YEARS).

33945485_PirategirlScarlette.thumb.png.f45fff010067a14c05736aac391a26ac.png

• Brohoof 1

So I did Pirate Scarlette before and I said I wanted to do some of my less drawn characters. I don't know if anyone remembers Lucy Monarch. She's eventually going to get a redesign, but I wanted to make her a pirate too, as I'll probably eventually do to many, if not all, of my Sonic OCs. I may do some canon characters too. Who knows.

2009056390_PirateGirlLucyMonarch.png.42e97784a783d6f058e2109b0a977153.png

• Brohoof 1

I never forgot about the requests I still had from Christmas 2020 on deviantart. I got burned out from drawing them, so I left them for several months. Work and back pains got in the way, but everything is sorted now and I plan to finish the ones I have left.

Request 16 from the December batch last year. 6 more to go as of posting this. This one was for MrLoncengKelinci on deviantart, who asked for Champagne from Azur Lane to be drawn.

A pose was provides for the character. I know I didn't include a lot of her attire, but some of it was a little too complex and i couldn't find better angles to study it from. I won't pretend I know anything about this game, because I don't. I've heard of it, but that's about it.

883602744_16.MrLoncengKelinciChampagnefromAzurLaneposeprovided.png.98dc6fc008589599829c3efe1d41547b.png

I never forgot about the requests I still had from Christmas 2020. I got burned out from drawing them, so I left them for several months. Work and back pains got in the way, but everything is sorted now and I plan to finish the ones I have left.

Request 16 from the December batch last year. 6 more to go as of posting this. This one was for MrLoncengKelinci, who asked for Champagne from Azur Lane to be drawn.

A pose was provides for the character. I know I didn't include a lot of her attire, but some of it was a little too complex and i couldn't find better angles to study it from. I won't pretend I know anything about this game, because I don't. I've heard of it, but that's about it.

665768321_16.MrLoncengKelinciChampagnefromAzurLaneposeprovided.png.9999fda153655362cccc8886a66923ef.png

With the month almost over, I wanted to do something for Mer-May. So I set a poll sometime last week on deviantart to let my watchers there decide what Sonic girl I would turn into a mermaid. Rouge the Bat ended up being the winner, so here she is as a mermaid. Enjoy!

deknpeu-7134121e-2bc0-4958-bcfc-42708bc4
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Commission for someone on Discord called Floof. Helped bring this OC of theirs to life. His name is Spike the Floof God. His coloration is based on Rainbow Dash's.

176641066_C102Eevee0626discordfullbodyshadedwithbkgdOCSpiketheFloofGodsittignoncloudinnightskywithcrescentmoonbehindhim.png.6221bf7c507d4b133792c1c6c034759d.png

Also mermaid Blaze the Cat. Will probably eventually do more Sonic characters.

1055923989_MermaidBlaze.thumb.png.7f0635a4264eafcb18785048c096691a.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
Commission for the Icera the White Wolf through Discord. The OC has the same name as the user; Icera the White Wolf. The ref I used had this OC as a teenager/adult, but the customer wanted her as a child. I had fun drawing this one, and she came out so adorable.
650087297_C103IceraTheWhiteWolf6146discordfullbodyshadedOCofsamenameaschild.png.a5b04a903e74486ef4a91e3485c3916a.png
  • Brohoof 2

Commission for someone on discord by the username of Havoc who may or may not have an account on this site, but I don't actually know.

Anyway, they commissioned me to draw a scepter/ spear for them. It was the first sort of object only commission i can remember getting and it was fun blending their ideas together.

1030618701_C104Havoc3895discordshadedimagestaffcombo.thumb.png.1ba23b604e79aef25a796782c1d2b1fa.png

• 4 weeks later...

This is a redesign of an old Sonic OC of mine that badly needed it. I did his twin sister before. His full name is Maximilian Valefor Guntoukiba. He goes by Max or 'Deadeye'. He and his sister are bounty hunters. He got hurt in an accident awhile back that cost him his eye and a leg, but he's always got a smile on his face.

843098612_PandorastwinbrotherMaximilianValeforGuntoukibaDeadeye.thumb.png.1160d75738bdf2f1e754ac2d0f2a76cd.png