Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

visual art Midnight's Non-Pony Pictures

MidnightFire1222

• 3 weeks later...
Had a new Sonic OC on my mind for awhile and I finally finished him. Meet Ichabod Krane, a sandhill crane.

Now, before I get into who he is, there's a bit of a story behind his creation. See, he's based heavily off the Ichabod Crane from the story 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow'. This story was written by Washington Irving, an American author who penned the story while living abroad in Birmingham, England. I bring this up, because my Ichabod's avian species, the sandhill crane is native to the United States (and Canada) which was once a British colony. Sandhill cranes have been spotted in Britain as well, though sightings are far rarer.

Now on to Ichabod as a character.

He's very self-assured, well-read, and bordering on arrogant. He's prideful in his knowledge and near-photographic memory. He works as a teacher at a prestigious school and has an eye for old fashioned clothing. He's also a master fencer, and a rapier is hidden within his umbrella. He is 32 years old, loves to read, and his favorite books include ones on history and culture, which a few guilty pleasures that venture into fantasy and adventure.

Now why did I say near-photographic? Well, here's the thing, he does have a photographic memory, except for some holes punched in his memory like Swiss cheese, several nights where it's nothing but blank. Why would that be? He's not a drunk - in fact he utterly despises most all forms of alcohol, except for a VERY occasional and small glass of fine wine. He's got enough of a palette to know the difference between and cheap and expensive one.

Now for another preface, 'The Legend of Sleepy Hollow' included not only Ichabod Crane, but also a mysterious ghostly entity known as the Headless Horseman. I'm not going into the story much, but suffice to say that Crane disappears from the town of Sleepy Hollow one night and no one knows exactly what happened to him.

The thing is, my Ichabod Krane and the Headless Horseman are one and the same (though the form will probably go by a different name). It's sort of a Jekyll/Hyde situation, or maybe a Ghost Rider situation, but suffice to say that my Ichabod never remembers the nights he turns into the entity, only that he has a penchant for turning up in strange places occasionally, sometimes under not-so-pretty circumstances.

1636986016_NewOCIchabodKrane(malecrane).thumb.png.d021daa52e25ea8eaca00264f69fd0a7.png

Is it weird to do fanart for you own story? Because I did fanart for my own story. Got WotH Amy here with WotH Sonic is a beast. He's a little overprotective of her, and Amy's just like 'Really? Darling, please, not in front of everyone!' or...something like that. Lol. But you can tell she likes it regardless.

I did use an existing picture as a reference for the posing, so I'll like it and the artist below.

https://www.deviantart.com/missthunderkin/art/Little-Red-Riding-Hood-and-Her-Wolf-461134357 by the talented artist MissThunderkin

If anyone would like to read 'Wars of the Heart', here's a link to the beginning:

WotH Prologue: https://www.deviantart.com/midnightfire1222/art/Wars-of-the-Heart-Prologue-861872701

Also available on AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/works/28074276/chapters/68780793

1387613412_TheRoseandherWolf.thumb.png.326e5375114bebbc351a188b034785c8.png

I don't know how many people wanted it, or might have imagined it, but here's a physical example of what the main antagonist from Wars of the Heart looks like.

Ursula Belle, also known as Ursula the Dark or Ursula of the Black Night, is a powerful an ancient witch inhabiting the world of Rhapsody, the setting of Wars of the Heart. She had at least two known children: Ahara, a sorceress like herself, and Kentaro, Ahara's older brother and stuck in his own type of werebeast form that was presumably caused by his mother to begin with. Ursula is also responsible for the curse cast on Sonic's family line, that causes them to turn into very similar beasts when the sun goes down. She's responsible for attacks on several cities, including the ones on Anthem, and commands many legions of monsters, beasts, and even Hunters. She's incredibly vindictive, manipulative, and cruel, and will stop at nothing to get what she wants even if it endangers the ones she's supposed to care about.

If anyone would like to read 'Wars of the Heart' and see more of Ursula, here's a link to the beginning:

1482411708_WarriorWotHantagonistUrsulaBelle.thumb.png.4d7702467d5d5ca341c32d52d0c96d9b.png
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
Another Sonic OC? When does it end? I haven't even redesigned some of my other pre-existing ones or even created alternate forms some of them have, like Kameena and Ichabod and Enoch. But what can I say? I went to a fair on October 10th and got inspired when I saw a part of these rabbits there.

Anyway, this is Clarice Lapin (lapin being another word for rabbit). She's 9 years old and best friends with Isabelle Fontain (my Basset hound girl), who helps her (and their other friend Lucy Monarch, who I haven't redone yet) study when they are struggling. She is calm, soft spoken, and very patient. Clarice enjoys gardening and is particularly fond of dahlia flowers. Her mother made her the decoration she wears around her left ear when she was five. She died not long after, and Clarice wears it every day o keep her mother close.

1754157347_ClariceLapin(newOC).thumb.png.3e18ef114f111f93162f30d71e0b8d92.png

• 2 weeks later...
So I redid my first ever Sonic OC awhile back. Her name's Kameena DeSoto, and in her revamped backstory her family/clan has some kind of pact with an undisclosed type of demon. These demons give them different elemental powers and a second stronger form the host can eventually learn to control at will. A sign that one has mastered their demon form is that horns will grow from the host's head and their eyes will lose their pupils.

Kamena's uncle, Enoch DeSoto, has already mastered his own: https://www.deviantart.com/midnightfire1222/art/Enoch-Desoto-874165663

His bio in the artist comments also explains it a little better.

She has not.

Whatever happened, its broken her emotional control, and she is HURTING. This isn't even the full demon transformation, just a sort of...midway stage. (I haven't made the full one yet.)

1114091586_KameenaDeSotopartialdemontransformation.thumb.png.f9c7b7683bb268a614eb2c77827b5dc2.png
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
It all started with this challenge on twitter from Kai: https://twitter.com/kaiiteaa/status/1460941589971415042

Draw Amy Rose in those shoes. I saw others draw before me, saw the ideas they came up with. No one did the one thing these shoes were made perfectly for: a magical girl. So I took it upon myself as an idea formed, and from researching many different dresses that would fit the stye, I came up with an amalgam of about 4 or 5 different dresses to create this badass look for Amy Rose that does perfectly with those shoes!

1511986510_AmyRosemagicalgirl.thumb.png.dbac70b720b10ca142bb61373307e179.png

• 1 month later...
So back in December I went on a trip. I took my sketch pad with me in case i felt like drawing/had time, and wouldn't you know it, I got delayed and eventually stuck overnight with my connecting flight. So I found some time to draw, and this is one picture i sketched then later digitally lined and colored. It's an idea I've had in my mind for a bit and I finally got it down. I figured since Kaeno is a dragon-wolf hybrid, she'd have the capability to at least breathe fire, since I didn't give her wings like a lot of dragon hybrids get.

So I gave her pink fire. The reason behind this is that she's originally an mlp-turned-sonic sona. My pony-sona is a kirin/earth pony, and while I've yet to give her a nirik form, the kirins from the MLP: FiM show get pinkish flames on their body when they become niriks. So I wanted to pay some homage to that.

1429512682_Kaenoblowkisssketch.thumb.png.0185979d1e831c5a2503a279819cb822.png 814934740_Kaenoblowkiss.thumb.png.5cc2cda088514de681b942bd6afba998.png

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

2 Part commission for @Will Guide

969243404_C1091of2WillGuidemlpforumOCWillGuideasLucaseamonster.png.f94eef2cff14d3a2701cb07e2fe9b76e.png 1942758619_C1092of2WillGuidemlpforumOCWillGuideasLucahuman.png.0a6fbb2d52b57121ced48d1dfc4869a1.png

Got around to doing another Wars of the Heart character. This time it's Alpheus Miles Prower AKA Tails, or Alphy to his family ( he hates this one).

He's an accomplished blacksmith, historian, and a mage-in-training. He still has a lot to learn.

787228888_TailsAlpheusMilesProwerWotH.thumb.png.256e692be4046964ccec4e848fa5a5ac.png 1530989699_TailssketchAlpheusMilesProwerWotH.thumb.png.a1ad5cb65f8ef3b469200ae231756b8f.png

Edited by MidnightFire1222
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

For discord user luukizann's event on the Project Sonamy discord; I've finished this finally. I chose to do Darkspine for it. Not bad for never having drawn him before.

86530576_Luukevent20222ondiscordDarkspineSonic.thumb.png.69e94c0664863b8674cf6ad28e332dfc.png

If I remember this was Sonic's powered up form at the end of Sonic and the Secret Rings

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Little Oriana is finished! She's a fierce little wuppy (werehog/werebeast puppy) isn't she? Included a flat color version as well, and what she looks like during the day for those who might not know what I'm talking about.

If anyone would like to read 'Wars of the Heart', here's a link to the beginning:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Outfit challenge from @/ShiftCircuit on Twitter (outfit designed by them; it's so cute~). I used my Basset hound girl Isabelle for it this time. She's going fast in those Heelies! (Anyone old enough to remember when those were a thing in the 2000's? Lol.)

1945802066_isabellemotobugoutfit.thumb.png.73b9ef3644ecb90be07e327440084f7f.png

On 2020-12-01 at 1:32 PM, MidnightFire1222 said:

No real reason why. I got inspired and felt like drawing Burning Blaze (super form of Blaze the Cat, a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog series for anyone that doesn't know). Not bad for never having drawn this form of her before.

396207117_BurningBlaze.thumb.png.67e6d4b78648c4e3b08366164599a610.png

Wow, that's REALLY good! (as a Kinda Sonic fan who's currently DYING for some of my Mario Bros. OC x Canon Ship, I can confirm this is amazing)

Edited by Waluigi4Life

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I made another AU. This is the Amy from 'A Witch and Her Familiar'. I'm glad I finally got this done; she took way too long for my liking. But I love how she came out. Anyway, she's scarred and blind in one eye. The reasons for this are detailed more in the story. Also the rose on her hat is magic and changes color with her mood. Right now it's yellow with red tips: friendship/ falling in love (tooootally not a last minute decision on my part…totally not…)

You can read the story she appears in here:

Deviantart: A Witch and Her Familiar

AO3: 'A Witch and Her Familiar'

1789563789_AmyRoseWitchAU.thumb.png.142210095efe38a4f0cbae972b59d1ff.png