Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Midnight's Pony Pictures

MidnightFire1222

• 1 month later...

So fun fact: Starbolt is actually my oldest mlp oc. She's gone through a couple of redesigns, but this has got to be her biggest one. I haven't really done anything with her, nor given her a backstory. That's still somewhat up in the air, but I do know that she's Lone Star's daughter (sheriff of Hickory Hills; I included a pic of him). She's his youngest at 19, and works at the town's general store.

1774399500_StarboltLonestarsyoungestdaughter.thumb.png.a5f3de795721dcbac9896dda55312463.png 1218664512_LoneStar.thumb.png.bc4f86ae37f148a6080743fb04b0ef63.png

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

New OC for Hickory Hills! her name is Star Bramble! She's a very quiet and typically lonely creature, and always seems sad. She owns a small flower shop in Hickory Hills.

She's based on a plant of the same name from the game No man's Sky.

284863148_StarBramble.thumb.png.151409ace0da1049bbf944ab8062cab3.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Commission for a user called Electricknight33 on Discord. They asked for their character Silver Flare, a kirin/pegasus hybrid, drawn in their normal kirin and more demon-like nirik forms together.

I had a lot of fun drawing this one. Took longer since the character was being made from scratch and the wings on the nirik were a bit harder, but I love how they both came out. To be honest, since I switched the way I do kirins up, I haven't actually drawn a nirik in the style. I hove how this one came out. They normally don't have wings, but they were asked to be included and I didn't plan to disappoint! They loved it though and in the end that's what matters!

1591541155_C111Electricknight339310discordSilverFlarekirinandnirikpegasusforms.thumb.png.f74f4b041e32619a187a2237f8c1b1df.png

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Another commission for Electricknight33 on Discord. This time they wanted a headshot of their kirin-pegasus Silver Flare with the yin-yang symbol in place of usual pupils. It's been awhile since I've done any headshots, and this one came out quite nice. Figuring out the right angle for the horn was a tiny bit challenging, but I think I got it.

343213994_C113Electricknight339310discordSilverFlareheadshotdetermined.png.8d39cdce9d7df6444b0e815cda6ffe2b.png

Commission for a user called Electricknight33 on Discord. I guess technically a part 2. They wanted lightning added to their nirik, and I also added a simple background and glowing to the fire that wouldn't have shown up well on a transparent background otherwise. Been awhile since I did any lightning effects, so it was a cool change of pace.972451494_C112Electricknight339310discordSilverFlareaddingsparkstonirik.thumb.png.e680c1db899cd6d176bc15cb0f987fb6.png

Edited by MidnightFire1222
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

851036851_C115Electricknight339310discordfrestylepiecekirinSilverFlarevs.Daybreaker.thumb.png.36a4d08a4634a113b2c3c8cb9553eb92.png

“I will return you to the dark flame from whence you came!” - Silver Flare

"Do you really think your pitiful power can stand up to the very embodiment of the sun?" - Daybreaker

That's about how I'd imagine it would go between them.

Another commission for Electricknight33 on discord. It was a sort of 'surprise me' commission where I could draw whatever with Silver Flare. So I chose to have him fighting Daybreaker in his nirik form. Tried a different way to shade with this instead of my usual way. It turned out pretty well all things considered. I've never drawn Daybreaker either, and I love how she came out.

Feel free to like and share!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't posted anything for a bit. Been longer since it was anything for Hickory Hills. Meet the twins Desert Rose and Dusty Mesa, who work on the farm for Dakota Hickory. Desert Rose is mute, so her brother interprets for her.

DesertRoseandDustyMesa(INSTAGRAM).thumb.png.a765797f4a99ef12199f591f56cdbc17.png

• Brohoof 1

Another Hickory Hills resident and another pony I adopted years back and did nothing with until now (with only slight changes to her original design). Meet Heart Song; she's a mix of earth pony and unicorn (not related to Lone Star or his family). She works at Falafel's restaurant 'Tastes of the World' as a waitress, and sometimes sings there too.

HeartSongwaitress.thumb.png.2d5715a42e7e609c331454ac552a59d6.png

• Brohoof 1

So my husband and I gave a name to the AU that the kirin-Derpy, Dinky, and dragon-Doctor are from. We're calling it Return. Return AU.

Derpy and Doc are looking for his TARDIS which he lost track of after he crashed in the Everfree on the planet of Equus (pony Earth). He met Derpy there and together they saved the Everfree and its Guardian from a mysterious rot that afflicted both flora and fauna caused by chaos magic (Discord is the probable cause but he's nowhere to be seen yet). They went on another adventure the next day in the Everfree after he raided Derpy's basement for some survival tools, including the hat, compass and a saddlebag he filled with useful things (not pictured here) for survival.

The thing about the stuff though - it actually belonged to Derpy's former husband (which was in fact him in his last regeneration, but he can't remember. He doesn't even know he's a Time Pony.) She's had all the stuff in boxes in her basement since her and Dinky were relocated from Ponyville into a cottage in the Everfree some 8 yrs ago just after Dinky was born. Derpy doesn't know it was formally his stuff too. She has a lot of his old stuff, doesn't remember where any of it came from or who it belonged to, but can't bring herself to throw it away.

This Doctor is very cynical and kinda antisocial, though can have his happy and childish moments occasionally. If you've ever seen Doctor Who, he's pretty much got the same personality as the 12th Doctor.

DoctorWhoovesnewaccessoriesReturnAU.thumb.png.bdd9741eace6f33f1820019ad8604010.png
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since I've made a seapony. Finally did and it's another of the Mane 6 and this time it's Twilight Sparkle (AKA Twilight 'Snorkel').

I don't know if anyone remembers but the way I like to do seaponies is to model their tails and markings after real-life fish. Twilight's tail and markings are based on the oscar cichlid fish.

TwilightSparkleseapony.thumb.png.3cf7c6ba114f26ea3e6e0f8ec8dcbd5a.png

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

Made another seapony! Did Pinkie this time and I decided her sea pun name would be Pinkie 'Pier'. I thought it was funny, and so did my husband. Her tail/fins and markings are based on those of a clownfish. Most of them have pretty similar markings, so there isn't a specific fish picture this time.

PinkiePieseapony.thumb.png.d690254f9f28821507f0bd777712801b.png

• Brohoof 3

A gift/request for ElectricKnight33 on discord, who's been playing Destiny 2 for about 5 years and asked for Asher Mir as a pony. They've gotten several commissions from me and I couldn't say no to it. They figured Mir's pony name would be something like Static Charge. I like how he came out.
 ElectrricKnight33AsherMirDestiny2ponified.thumb.png.0673dcc0f4b52ef9f078c3657b759e47.png
Edited by MidnightFire1222
  • Brohoof 2