Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Midnight's Pony Pictures

MidnightFire1222

9 hours ago, Twitchy-Tremor said:

Love the lion king one!!!! The gallas sea griffin. I’m not to sure what that’s called:Pip-giggle:

Thank you! I find seaponies/griffins/whatever they're called to be really fun to draw! I like giving them tails/fins/markings inspired by real life fish. It's pretty fun figuring out how to make the markigns work with the colors the ponies have.

• Delighted Giggle 1

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I've posted anything pony-related here. But I have something new!

Introducing the Return AU version of Vinyl Scratch, created with help from my husband, @Admiral Regulus.

VinylScratchunicorn-lyquusReturnAU.thumb.png.1993a6b9f4c6eb2c86d656ad4034cfd6.png

This AU is inspired by a mix of Doctor Who and MLP. I've previously introduced what Dinky, Doc, and Derpy all look like, but Vinyl is a new face to the AU. She's a hybrid like Derpy, being half unicorn and half of an alien species my husband and I came up with that we called Lyquus. I'll include a bit about them and their planet below that we've come up with to shed some light on her alien half. (I'm making an appendix/glossary thing of sorts that we can refer to so we don't lose track too much and contradict too much.)

Just putting it in a spoiler because it's a bit long.

Spoiler

"Lyquus hail from the planet of Lyquuenist, a planet with a thick atmosphere that blots out the majority of light from its twin suns, casting the lands within in a perpetual twilight. The planet as a whole is also quite chilly, leading to all of its species both sentient and not to have thick fur coats. 

The planet’s main sapient species are equine in shape, but boast features that make them appear quite lupine as well: wolf-like ears that are extremely sensitive to sound, fangs that lend toward their meat-eating nature (though they can omnivorous in times of famine), and incredibly thick fur. Most are some shade of red in color and quite large both in height and in overall build. All pure-blooded lyquus boast two horns on their head, some curving back around the ears, some not, as well as red eyes with oval pupils that always glow, especially in little to no light. Their eyes evolved specifically to see in the low light of their home world, making them extremely sensitive to any sort of bright light source.

Lyquus are capable of basic levitation, but their magic is extremely tied to their emotions. If their tempers flare, their magic becomes extremely volatile and uncontrollable, and they can enter a frenzied state where they’ll attack both friend and foe alike in an animalistic fury until they either use up their energy or they’re brought down. Rarely, if a lyquus enters their frenzied state too much, they may never recover from it. They’re either killed as a result or forced to go live a life as a wild animal.

Culturally, they are considered a savage and dangerous warrior race by several other planets. Once they’d taken to the stars, it didn’t take long for them to start trying to conquer nearby worlds. They show little regard for races not of their own kind, and any deemed weak are exiled from their home world. 

But a lyquus does not do well alone. They need a family unit to feel truly whole, and the bigger their ‘pack’ is, the better. To be alone is like a living nightmare to a species with a pack mentality and most would rather die then be on their own for any extended length of time."

As for Vinyl herself, she is quite laid back and very flirty. She doesn't care who or what it is she flirts with - be they male, female, or somewhere in between. She and Derpy are somewhat friends, and Vinyl likes to teasingly flirt with her on occasion because she thinks it's funny, even knowing full well that Derpy doesn't swing that way. This alabaster unicorn doesn't care what others think of her appearance. She'd very proud of her looks and only wears the opaque shades because her eyes are very sensitive to the sunlight of Equus (the name we gave the planet where Equestria in this AU is). Vinyl owns a night club called 'Pump It Up!' where she mainly DJs but also occasionally works the bar. She has a love for all kinds of music, though her favorites genres including dub-step and rock and roll, and is a great singer.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another one for the Return AU. His name is Rusty, and he's Vinyl's father.

Rusty.lyquusReturnAU.thumb.png.1842777c986602313d37bdeefe8c1c57.png

So this guy hasn't been formally introduced into our AU rp yet, but this is Vinyl's father from the Return AU. If anyone remembers, I mentioned she was half alien; of a species we called Lyquus. Her father is an example of one. He's taken the name Rusty due to the color of his fur. (We also don't actually have an alternate name for him at the moment). He is quit wolf-like in appearance and that is intentional, and as I'm sure people will notice: he has no cutie mark - because his species doesn't get them. I leaned into some viking inspiration for him (since I was basing his size off of Rockhoof) and my husband made a comment that Rusty looks like he should have an axe and I may or may not draw him with one another time.

Rusty is a horse of few words. He'll say what's on his mind and won't beat around the bush, even if the truth hurts. He won't tolerate liars or those that prey on the weak, and Celestia forbid if you try and mess with any of his family (his 'pack' as it were). He can be quite stern, and integrity means a lot to him. His species does eat meat and his family knows of this. He doesn't try to hide it, but he does realize it's not a natural thing for ponies of Equus so he won't partake in it around other ponies. He does occasionally go out on hunting trips with his daughter and the 2 sons that are of his blood (his wife had a set of twins before they ever met), but it's only because it's a dietary requirement of his kind, and they never take more than they need as Rusty respects the balance of nature.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Christmas 2023 request from EgonDaLatz on devianart, who asked for their werepony pony OC Night Breeze. I was trying to go for something cute dogs do, like where they have their back legs kinda lay down and they look a little bit like they're otters. Not sure if I pulled it off entirely, but I think she came out cute regardless.

Xmas20235EgonDaLatzponyOCNightBreeze.thumb.png.7c4bf2eb1ce4481b18ccc2ada1c4c871.png

Christmas 2023 request from sweetymimy22 on deviantart, who asked for their pony OC Strawberry Song. He seemed a bit of a musical pony and the profile I looked at for him said he owned an acoustic guitar, so I drew him playing one. No idea how the ponies can play instruments like this with hooves, but I just go with it.

Xmas20236sweetymimy22ponyOCStrawberrySong.thumb.png.b4b50fd8a80d092e2998340ba4ee523f.png