Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Midnight's Pony Pictures

MidnightFire1222

So I decided to redesign my sona a bit. I don't really like it when people say she looks very similar to someone else's. it hasn't happened for a bit, but on a couple different occasions she was say to look like two different people's sonas/OCs and each time it annoyed me. I've also wanted to redo her for a bit to give a better explanation as to why she has fire powers when at the time she was clearly just an earth pony.

So, meet the redesigned Midnight Fire.

1531142780_MidnightFireredesign.thumb.png.558e9f71ec671c3e360dab106915a4f4.png

If this gets compared to looking very similar to someone else's OC then I just give up. She's staying like this unless I give her like new clothes/accessories or a new hairstyle or something.

Anyway, she's still red, still has the hazel eyes and brown mane/tail which are relatively the same still, and the cutie mark is still the same, and so are her glasses. What has changed is that now she's a mix: part kirin and part earth pony. I've adored kirins since I first saw them in the show, and because they have some fire power so to speak, it gives me more of a reason for her to have fire magic, and be able to transform into something dark/dangerous I hinted at sometime ago but never actually depicted before. Her clothing has also changed. I have two very similar looking shirts that are very close to this shade of purple that I wear a lot more than the blue one, plus it looks nicer with the red fur and gold-ish scales/hooves/ear tips she now has. As for the earrings, they're ones I've been wearing to work a lot recently and a pair of my favorites and they look really good with the shirt.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Commission for an anonymous customer. They wanted Pinkie Pie enjoying a video of something called Stick Death Maze. I don't know anything about the video, but i guess it's some sort of series on YouTube some people do. I don't really know. Anyway, I love how this came out. Perspectives like this aren't my strong suit so I'm glad it came out well, and the customer loved it.

788920237_C97brotherPinkiePieatcomputerfullcolorfullbodydetailedbkgdadd.character.thumb.png.e3587c8630d551b361ace713b628c462.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Request 9 of 23 from the Christmas 2020 batch on deviantart. This one was for BSW421. This is their OC Scarab. I love how this turned out. I'm not sure if i got the colors exactly right since I was working with a traditional drawing as a reference, but he turned out quite handsome in my opinion.

1582144255_9.BSW421OCScarab.thumb.png.dbe6af2886842011ea0a1d788edd9ae1.png

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, anaconda said:

i like this. how do you draw it? how long does it take?

A drawing like this usually takes me a few hours. The flat color is the easiest part. It's the sketching that takes the longest, for me anyway. I use Paint Tool Sai to make drawings like this.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-06-03 at 1:13 AM, MidnightFire1222 said:

I shared this one already in my commission shop, but I'm sticking it here too. Screenshot remake from Disney's The Lion King (1994), but Mufasa and yound Simba are turned into kirins.

1449430777_ScreenshotRemakeEverythingtheLightTouchesMufasaandYoungSimbaaskirins.thumb.png.e1ada97409dcc225aba1e454e0a7aeda.png

Quite an interesting take! I love it!

7 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

Quite an interesting take! I love it!

Thank yuo! Mufasa's mane was a pain to get right. I still think he looks a little too young and gives off a bit more of a 'Simba' vibe, but i still love how it came out regardless.

12 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Thank yuo! Mufasa's mane was a pain to get right. I still think he looks a little too young and gives off a bit more of a 'Simba' vibe, but i still love how it came out regardless.

You’re welcome. I agree, he does look a bit younger, but it’s not like there’s any old Kirins to reference from the show

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not too long ago I posted my Saddle Arabian unicorn Falafel, one of the citizens of my village, Hickory Hills. In his bio if anyone's read it, it's mentioned that he has a wife and kids. These are them: Dakota Hickory, his wife and also Dexter Hickory's sister, and Falafel's daughters Destiny (2 yrs) and Dixie (less than 6 months, she's the dark pink one). Also, here's a link to Dakota's backstory:

• Brohoof 2

Request 12 from the batch in December on deviantart. 10 more to go as of posting this one. This one was for Devon13168, who asked for unicorn Twilight Sparkle waving and wearing a Santa hat.

Decided to try cloven hooves on a unicorn. I think it came out really well. They're a bit different from the hooves of the kirin, being shorter. Wanted just a little more uniqueness to unicorns, and I really like how they came out.
1069337197_12.Devon13168TwilightSparklefromMyLittlePonyFriendshipiisMagicwearingasantahatandwaving.png.206538f6385d00ada9488b8b157980c8.png
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's been awhile since I made any citizens for my mlp town Hickory Hills. This guy was made a few months ago, but I was stuck on his backstory for a long time and didn't finish it until recently. Anyway. my dad helped me design this one. He'd asked me before to help with making the mayor of Hickory Hills (he's also the father of Mearra Gracian, a character I made last year in August; she's pictured in the second picture). My dad and I brainstormed on what Merlone would look like and he eventually sketched his own out on the lined paper. I drew my own version as well and while the drawing styles are different (my dad has never drawn anything for my Little Pony and doesn't draw as much as I do now), the overall look is mostly the same, except for a few changes. If anyone is at all interested in reading Merlone Gracian's backstory, I'll leave a link below (just a warning, it's a bit long): https://www.deviantart.com/midnightfire1222/art/Merlone-Gracian-s-Backstory-886349605

1145304150_MerloneGracian2.thumb.png.996f6128e5c231adcc1e6d1eb4d7883d.png

730038656_MearraGracian.thumb.png.318a3e165d0758a76380f6568f86eb6a.png

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

This is some practice with some Clip Studio Paint, a headshot of an MLP OC of mine I call Lone Star. As for why he's crying but smiling, that's open for interpretation. I might be switching over to it eventually from Paint Tool Sai, though I still have a lot to learn about it. It's gonna be awhile before I'm doing larger pictures with it.

221431564_clipartpractice.thumb.png.705792a798b93df6a7776992df1ff709.png

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
50 minutes ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Been a long time since I've done any pony pics, but I've finally got one.

A Valentine's Day gift for my boyfriend, who is also into MLP. Wanted to share it. The red one is my pony-sona, Midnight Fire. The green one is his sona Convolution.

1071914128_GiftRegsValentines.thumb.png.db499aa261b51137d65250288a64af5b.png

Wow, he looks quite unique! He seems to have the horns of a ram and a unicorn the stripes and hooves of a zebra