Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were the Dazzlings ultimately trying to achieve?

BornAgainBrony

I always let the words of their finale song kind of slide by, because it's such an amazing act, but what they were saying really accurate?

The rest of the show (as well as their origin story) described them as feeding off of conflict. Alright, fine. But once the Battle of the Bands actually starts, the mood seems to have changed. The crowd isn't fighting each other anymore. In fact, they're united, even if through hypnosis. They are now hardcore fans of the Dazzlings, who are singing not about competition, but adoration, and... perhaps... lustful adoration, at that. Storytelling usually tells this in "end of the world" kinds of scenarios, but is all of this really just about becoming worshiped as gods of a sort? It then feels more like a simple magical path to stardom, instead of some kind of literal world-conqueror. But where would the energy come from at that point? Can they also feed off of desire almost like changelings?

• 10 months later...

If I had to guess I would say I believe the unity you saw was only short term until they could beat the rainbooms as they could not afford to be distracted from the chaos. Yes they COULD feed off of it but in order to best the rainbooms they needed 100% focus. 

As far as their goals go my guess is probably the same as Evil Sunset's goal. Gather what power they can and invade Equestria when they find a way to there.

My guess is the humans to them are completely insignificant and only a means to an end for them. 

• Brohoof 1