Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private IC: Return of the King (1x1 with Catpone Cerberus)

King Sombra

@Props Valroa
While Sombra did his thing, Lunar prepared things by firing up the forge, and getting a mold in the planned shape ready. She also put a small amount of other, silvery metal in it's own container close to the forge to melt, and gathered other materials too. After she got the first helmets and ingots, she put those in melting too.

"Talent in this work comes entirely from experience, as the concept itself isn't that complicated, and this can be done in many ways." "Skilled enough unicorn can just move enchantments between different objects, and anypony can cut apart an enchanted armor, but only few of us can do it without losing anything in the process." "What we are doing now is from the easier end, as we are working with enchanted metal, any blacksmith can melt and reshape that." "Where I come in is all this other stuff, which stops the magic from getting weaker." since for the start, it was mainly waiting for the materials to melt, Lunar gave more direct example. "Look at these two crystals, what's the difference?" she gave two, identical looking enchanted crystals to both Sombra and Una, even at a closer look, there wasn't any obvious difference "Seem identical right? well, they aren't, the other one is slightly lighter in both weight and color, not something you can tell without having the experience of separating the two from each other for years." "And why does it matter?" she put one of each crystal on a table "Because of this" she hit the first one with a hammer, it cracked, and visible blast of magic flew out, but when she did the same to the other, nothing happened, she crushed the other into tiny shards, yet no magic came out "One of them loses its magic the moment it gets damaged, the other one holds on to it." "And this goes for everything, materials, artifacts, even living things like plants and animals" "There's a reason why some magical items become useless after one crack, while for some, even a tiny fragments have power in them." "And the only way you can really learn to tell good solutions from bad solutions, is experience." 

After that lesson, the metals had melted enough for the work to begin, and Lunar started carefully mixing the different metals together, sometimes adding crushed gems or other materials in. As she worked, she tried to explain what and why she was doing as best as she could, but she was no teacher, so she wasn't best at explaining it, though it would also quickly come apparent that it was truly the practical skill that mattered here rather than any theoretical knowledge, as magic was very unpredictable and every item was individual case with its own challenges. she also shortly explained that all the enchantments in things like the forge and such, were mainly safety features, because having so much magic, sometimes unstable magic, in the same place, that was handled like she did, was genuinely dangerous to not only her, but the entire district, so she had to had all this safety measures so that if something does go wrong, it stays in the workshop.

She made a mixture and then poured it into the mold, which seemed to be enchanted with something that made it solidify rather fast, and after it was solid, she took it from the mold with tongs and dipped it in the silvery metal, before finally putting it aside to cool down properly and moving to the next disk. She explained that the reason she used tools instead of magic to grab them,  was because there was a risk that the levitation magic contaminates the item if used before it has cooled down properly.

If allowed by Sombra, Lunar would ask Una to take care of the forge by adding wood and throwing in more materials to melt as they started to run out, so that she could keep making the disks at constant pace. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra observed what Lunar was doing as he finished up doing his thing - soon filling the container full of the helmets. He would stop, and listen to what she had to say. Sombra would take the crystal and look at it - he couldn't really tell there was that much of a difference to it - but the reason for that would be explained to him by Lunar. She'd observe as she would crush the other crystal when the other one cracked. "Different properties that only the most skilled would truly notice. Something that goes under the radar of those who do not know what they are looking for. This is entirely logical. Usually I would have my own skilled blacksmiths do this sort of thing for me and I would review their work. It was how the first helmet was smelted, then I just performed the replication process myself." he spoke to Lunar. Being from the Crystal Empire, he knew that crystals could be used to store magic and were good for certain types of weaponry. In the Empire, certain types of crystals were used for long range weaponry.

Sombra would allow for Una to take care of the forge as he closely observed the process unfolding before him. He grinned wildly as she poured the mixture of the melted helmets and the crushed gems into the mold. It was most pleasing to him. The first phase of his take over involved him using these brainwashing rings on those who he felt that were needed. Like the mayors, guards, etc, the existing power structure. Though preferably he would master more magic first and steal the elements of harmony, so it was impossible to use them against him. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Lunar kept speaking as she worked "I'm not gonna oversell myself though, those like myself aren't irreplaceable, in fact, we are relatively new talent, that's why there's so few of us, we had to invent the tools and methods we use." "Any skilled enough unicorn can move enchantments, any blacksmith can learn the right mix of magical metals, any crystal expert can tell the minimal differences between crystals." "What we bring to the table is efficiency, since instead of going to several different ponies who all do one part of the process, you can just go to one who does all of it." "This of course means however, that there is some things you won't get from me." "For example, I don't know anything about effective armor design, something that a blacksmith would know." "The same goes for things like the gems and crystals, I may be able to tell what is better for holding magic by just a quick glance, but I have no clue on the formation or really even names of the different types." "And on the more obvious side, I'm not an unicorn, so while I can use things like levitation thanks to my own creations, I do not have the ability to work with enchantments as freely as an unicorn could." 

• Excited 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"As logical as this is, I would need to find others who are skilled in such tasks for me to get the knowledge I am looking for. At least for now, you will make as much of these as possible for me." he spoke to her, admiring the work she was doing for him. Now then he would ask some questions. "What do you know about Ponyville? Where are the important ponies here, like the Mayor, and the Guard?" he would ask her suddenly, wanting to know the answer where they were. He wanted to go after the Mayor first to gain more information. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
"I can point you to the mayors office on the map." "But I don't know where she lives or anything like that." "Guards don't have a place here, they come from Canterlot, and I don't know where they sleep during longer stays, I'd assume the castle, which you can see from pretty much everywhere in Ponyville, it doesn't really blend with rest of the architecture." "But if talking about important ponies, Princess Twilight is probably the most important." "The fact that she lives here combined with the seemingly constant threats this place faces, really make me question sometimes why there's so few guards here." "Though then again, I can't remember the last time the guard was the solution to anything, even crime is so rare that one sometimes wonders why they exist." 

• Delighted Giggle 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"Right. I assume the mayors office would have archives about the history of the town that would be worth going through. Getting the mayor on my side and attempting to find out where the Elements of Harmony are located is my current plan." Sombra stated, allowing Lunar to finish the construction of the small brainwashing devices. He would have to get that helmet off of her head to put one of them on her head. The helmet was only a temporary solution for her. After they were done he was thinking that he could just knock her out and put the brainwashing device on the back of her head, hidden in her mane. She wouldn't know what would have happened, anyway. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
"Do you mean the elements themselves or the wielders?" Lunar asked "Because everypony knows where the latter are, but for the former, I am pretty sure the mayor won't have any idea, only the wielders themselves and the princesses know where they are." "And maybe Discord, but good luck trying to get him to do anything against his will." 

Now that the process was going, Lunar was making about one disk every five or so minutes, so about 12 an hour, and until Sombra stopped making helmets, or otherwise stopped the work, the enchanted ingots would be the first material to run out, and it would happen after about 30 or so disks were made. If it did get to that point, Lunar would explain that making more of the ingots is lot of work, and that depending on few things she didn't really have control over, it could take anything from few days to a month to get enough for similarly sized batch of disks. 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"The Elements themselves. If they are destroyed, would the Wielders not be able to use the Elements of harmony?" he asked, though it was not as if he expected Lunar to know the answer. Discord was another problem. As far as he knew, Discord was somewhat aligned with the Elements due to his "reformation", he remembered. Though that could just be a ruse. Another potential problem for Sombra.

Sombra would continue spawning the helmets as he had been instructed, and by the end of it they had completed the first batch of disks. 30 of them. Was a good number to really start with. Now that they had this amount of disks completed, Sombra would look to her. "I will let you rest for now. You completed the first batch, which is more than I am thankful for." he stated to her, though his intent on saying that was nothing pure of intent. 

@Props Valroa
Lunar shrugged "No idea, but the stories say that Nightmare Moon did destroy them in their original form, but the wielders getting together fixed and reshaped them." "And I'd imagine that something that powerful would have some power even after physical destruction." "But I have never been allowed to see them from that close, so I'm just speculating." 

After everything was done, and Sombra said what he did, Lunar spoke again "What about the guards?" she asked "I know for a fact that they will come here eventually, until one of my friends happens to be around and comes to check themselves, which I doubt." "Should I leave and hide, should I stay here and come up with a story, or what?" 

• Excited 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra would listen to what Lunar say what she did and then he'd smirk wildly. "If the Elements are not only physical, but connected to the wielders themselves - that brings an idea to my mind. Like you say, it is just...speculation." he said, smirking wildly with an evil grin on his face. To his mind, killing them off and destroying the Elements of Harmony themselves would make sure of that. Even killing one of them would be sufficient, for now. 

Sombra would approach Lunar. "I would say you should come up with a story. But we can't have you wearing this helmet, now can we?" he spoke as his horn flared up. He would surround Lunar in some kind of telekinetic lock with purple flames dancing all around her. The flames wouldn't feel like anything or leave any kind of damage. He'd remove the helmet, and put the disk on the back of her mane. Of course, as Lunar was under his brainwashing spell she wouldn't have been able to comprehend fully what had happened. To her in her current state, what he was doing wouldn't have felt like he did anything. He'd then unsummon the Helmet.

"Come up with a story, stay here, I will require your services in the future..." he spoke as he took the 30 or so disks into his possession, stuffing them in his cape. Something about Sombra had changed slightly. He seemed more Sly, perhaps even giddy in the sense of the word? Usually, he seemed stone cold and angry. But he seemed almost excited?

Perhaps this would be of concern to Una, who would likely follow Sombra out the door as he left - letting Lunar be. Lunar could of course, live a normal life - but whenever Sombra was present, she was obligated to listen to him and follow through his commands.

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Lunar was seemingly indifferent to the visuals going around her, a combination of the effects of the brainwashing, and the fact that she was rather used to seeing magic do weird things. "Magical mishap it is then." she stated almost humorously "I just need to start some project to avoid questions on what I have been making." the latter sentence was more her muttering to herself than a direct address to Sombra.

Una did indeed follow Sombra, she had been very quiet during all this because she didn't really know what to say or do, and she didn't want to accidentally reveal something Sombra may have wanted to keep secret. What came to his demeanor, this wasn't the first time she had seen him more.....positive in mood, but like last time, his happiness was more concerning than his anger, not that she could, or would try to do anything about it, after all, she was loyal by more than her choice, however, unlike Sombra's spells, her loyalty was more free, which meant that she had the power to test the limits, and she had done that, as she had yet again left something unsaid, but instead of doing so from the worry of annoying him, she did so because she didn't want him to hear it.

Una was unable to lie to him sure, and generally unable to work against him, but she had found possibility for contradictions in whatever made her loyal, and those contradictions could be used to fool her own mind, to break a rule by following the same rule. And so, something went unsaid, a thing not pointed out, a reminder not made audible.

Last thing they would hear as they exited the workshop, would be Lunar saying to herself "First things first, I'll need to go get that wagon..."  

• Hugs 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra would chuckle darkly at what Lunar said and would then stand at the doorway to the workshop - looking to Lunar. "I am sure you know this already, but our interactions - my existence, and what you have done is to be a secret you hold higher than your life." he spoke as if it was already a given. If nothing else required his presence, he would depart along with Una. He couldn't help but giggle darkly again, feeling like he was truly free and roaming around in the backyard of his enemies. That he could do anything he wanted without any limits and it was dark at night, and he would look to Una.

"Right now we'll go look for a map of the place. Get our bearings straight. Then from there, we'll do what I had in mind and then afterwards look for the Mayor to place one of the disks upon her. I think that is a good place to start." Sombra would speak to Una, and proceeded to walk towards the town hall - being sure to lay low in the dark. It didn't take them too long to locate the town hall - as it was in the center of Ponyville. Upon reaching it, they'd notice that it had been locked for the night.

If there were no interruptions Sombra would look to Una. "Wait out here." he would speak, as he had it in his mind to locate a map. He'd be able to use his shadow form to sneak in and look around. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Una had no reason to argue, so she just nodded and followed Sombra, observing their surroundings. She again was thoughtful, now that Lunar had mentioned it, the lack of guards was very weird, sure the other places hadn't been flooding with guards either, but seeing none felt off, especially knowing that there's important ponies living in the town, it made her think that either they had overestimated the danger the current order posed to Sombra and her, or greatly underestimated the individual ponies.

Una waited for Sombra as told, but as she listened the silence of the night, she heard something that made her uncomfortable, a familiar voice, singing... "♫Erase the past, Until there's nothing left, Throw myself to the flame, Watch them fade♫" it was distant, Una could barely hear it with her better than average hearing "♫Watch them fade, Burn with misery♫" but she recognized the voice well "♫Up in flames, Up in flames♫..." It was Flint, somewhere in the town, the cold night air carrying her singing in the empty streets, it wasn't good singing, she was singing off-key and it was pretty clear she was making the lyrics up as she sang, but it wasn't why it made her so uncomfortable, though it didn't help.

The idea of having to be close to Flint alone made Una shiver, the feeling she got from her was so uncomfortable, a feeling she luckily didn't feel right now, verifying that she was somewhere a distance away rather than hiding nearby, but adding to that the song that she was singing, the lyrics of which now described fire and burning with way too much detail, confirmed to her everything she believed about that creature. 

• Excited 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Sombra was inside, he started to look around in the dark. His eyes were naturally tuned to the dark so he was able to see the layout of the Town Hall. As it was night time, there was nobody here other than probably a lone guard roaming around the streets at night. He hadn't seen any of those so far. He would take a quick look at the back wall of the main room he was in, seeing a large map up on the wall. This room also held other posters and information about the town that he would find useful - it was likely the vistors center of the Town Hall building. He wasn't even sure if he was in the main part of the building or not, he just picked the closet door and went in.

After he realized that he found what he needed he would walk back to the door, he had been looking in that room for about a minute or so before Una would hear him walk up to the door that she was next to and he would unlock it from the back - opening the door for her. When he opened the door he was about to say something, but he heard something off in the distance and went silent. It didn't take him long to realize who it was.

"Curses. How does she have the ability to seemingly be around anywhere I am?" Sombra said quietly, the tone in his voice indicating that he clearly didn't want to be bothered with Flint. He'd turn away from the open doorway, allowing Una to enter into the place. Then he would shut the door if Una followed inside, quietly. "I don't care what she does, just that she needs to stay away...and by away, I mean away, for the time being..." he'd say, gritting his teeth in sheer frustration. "Whatever, she can stay out there and do whatever, don't care..." he spoke, his thoughts coming back into focus from his distractions caused by Flint's singing.

He'd walk back up to the map and get a good look at things. "Right, so, Town hall is in the Center of the town. Sweet Apple Acres is over there...Rarity's Boutique is here...wait. Rarity is one of those filthy 6 ponies..." he said, his eyes narrowing in pure hate. "Look through some of the pamphlets and stuff over there, I'll look over there. See what you can find.  Since it's night time it should be easy to do what just came to mind..." he said, that devious grin coming across his face in the dark as he would start looking through some of the brochures and pamphlets about Ponyville. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
While unhappy about it, Una wasn't actually that surprised that Flint was around, after all, they had last seen her in Canterlot, which was visible from Ponyville, so if they were to randomly stumble upon her somewhere, it would be here. It would of course be a different story if she would have been actively following them, but Una didn't believe it to be the case, due to the simple fact that she wasn't with them right now, because as unpredictable and illogical as Flint seemed, she didn't seem the kind to play games like this, she was lot more direct with being annoying.

"Is there something specific we are looking for your highness?" Una asked, Sombra had mentioned a map yes, but he had clearly already found that "If it's still the mayor's home we are after, wouldn't the town archive be a better source than these publicly available things like..." Una looked at a random brochure "...a booklet about the historical buildings of Ponyville." she paused for a second "What I'm trying to say, is that there has to be some kind of records of who owns what in this town." 

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

As Sombra was looking through the stuff on display he would turn to Una. "I am looking for where those six ponies live. While yes, we are after the mayor's home - I had the idea of us eliminating one of those six ponies and making it look like an average murder. But I have a twist in mind for that." he spoke as if it was the most casual thing in the world. Well to him, it really was because he was once in a war and saw ponies around him dying regularly - as Una would remember what Sombra showed her sometime ago. 

"See if you can find anything that shows where they live..." Sombra said, looking through the various pamphlets. "But I have the idea that perhaps there is some census record somewhere..." he spoke, thoughtfully while looking around. He seemed oddly casual? Oddly giddy? Especially at the idea of murdering someone. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Una wasn't much fazed by Sombra's talk of murder, after all, she had been created for war, and as was shown when Sombra shared his memories with her, sight of such things, at least outwardly, did not get a big reaction out of her. "I see, in that case I can see the point of looking through these things, since we wouldn't find it from the records for those of them that may not live here." and from the way Lunar had talked about them, their homes were no doubt famous for merely being their homes.

The first ones Una saw, were the most obvious ones, Twilight's castle, which like Lunar had said, was hard to miss, and then both Sweet Apple Acres and Rarity's Boutique, which while not obvious in the same way, were ones Sombra had already mentioned. It did raise a problem for Una, that she didn't actually know who the elements were, but she tried to look at context clues to see who are the most likely to be them.

"There's something about 'Sugarcube Corner', a bakery here, where some famous pony called Pinkie Pie lives, sounds like an important pony."  

• Excited 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra would walk over to where Una was looking to have a look at what she was looking at there. "I do not know who "Pinkie Pie" is. I only knew the names of two of those Six Ponies. Rarity, and Twilight. I know that going after the leader of them, the new Princess, would prove far too difficult. It is likely due to her greater power and her residence in the castle she would be far more prepared for someone like me to attempt entry. So I am not going to do that." he spoke to Una and then would proceed to look around the building a bit.

Una would be alone for a few minutes while he searched the rest of the building using his shadow magic. In another room of the Town Hall, he would indeed find what he was looking for. It was a large room with all kinds of files in storage. It was definitely a Census record, but also a record of events throughout the town's history. After discovering this, he would proceed to unlock the various doors that went in that direction as they were all locked. He'd then get Una's attention and inform her that he found what he was looking for. Just took some time.

If Una followed, Sombra would start looking through the Census files - using his magic to unlock the drawers the files were kept in.

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Una in her mind questioned how Sombra was planning to find the homes of the Elements if he didn't even know who they were, but didn't make the question known, because either he had a plan, and would be annoyed, or he didn't, and would be annoyed. While alone, she kept going through the various things in the room, not finding anything too interesting, who would have thought that every tourist that stumbled upon the place wasn't told who the protectors of Equestria were and where their personal homes were, though somehow she felt that it wouldn't be as secretive as it should be. 

Una would of course follow Sombra to the room, and start looking for....something, she didn't know the names of the elements, she didn't even know the name of the mayor, so what exactly would she be able to find? maybe the files had the jobs mentioned too? but how often were the updated? she decided to leave that part to Sombra, he probably knew better what to look for, so instead she went to different side of the room and opened a random drawer, the locks weren't that good, she just forcibly twisted them open with her magic, it was unlikely anyone would notice anytime soon, it was doubtful that in a town with barely any guards, anyone would actually check something like this.

The drawer she ended up with, had old reports of attacks, what attacked, how long it lasted, what damage was done, things like that. At first she thought it was nothing useful, and was mostly curious why the town was such a hot spot for danger, but as she got to the newer ones, she spotted a pattern, more specifically certain names that appeared again, and again, and again.

• Excited 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra started to go through the census records on this side of the room. The drawers for them were all unlocked - as if the guards had thought locking the door would be enough to deter anyone from entering in here. It was unlikely that anyone had thought to sneak in and go through the Census records in the manner that Sombra and Una were doing here. Sombra took some time and saw the labels of the Census records. It seemed that the ones on this side of the wall dealt with addresses, criminal records, and the like. 

He started to go through those - but after a few minutes of searching one side of the room he hadn't really found what he was looking for as he didn't know the names of the other ponies in question. As he moved along, he started to look into Business locations and further information upon those. Then he would find what he was looking for. Rarity and Applejack both had businesses in this town. Rarity was the main fashion designer in town and had her address as the Boutique in town, while Applejack had been selling Apples in the town for many years - with Sweet Apple Acres as her location.

He'd take out these two files and show Una, it had taken them roughly about a half hour of searching to find this. "And here we are. Our two targets. Now, the question is, if they really truly reside at the addresses listed in these files here. Both are obvious locations that were on the Ponyville map in the other room." he stated, and after Una looked at the papers he would return them to where they were. For now he was ready to leave to perform his plan. If Una had no objections, he would lead the way out of the Ponyville Town hall - returning the locks to where they were before with his magic. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Una would look at the papers, but she wasn't ready to leave right away, instead she spoke "I may have found something your highness." "I stumbled upon these reports, about various attacks on the town by creatures and individuals." "And after certain point of time, six names appear in almost every one of them in context of however the individual threat was dealt with." "Three you have already mentioned, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity and Applejack." "But there's also Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash."  "I don't know if these are the element bearers, but they are certainly defenders of some kind, with good success rate." 

She would follow after that if/when Sombra moved. 

• Excited 1

@Catpone Cerberus

"It makes logical sense that those 6 names belong to the 6 vile and evil 6 ponies that defeated me previously. Rarity is the one that interests me the most currently, in the Census Report it said that some other information about her that I found noteworthy - her ability to supposedly locate gems with her magic. If I can get access to that, than I would be capable of locating Gems for the disks that we just worked on, on my own." Sombra stated to Una, though it seemed like he had some other plan in his mind that he wasn't letting on. He'd quietly lead the way out, and shut the door - heading off towards the Boutique that was on the map. Whether or not Rarity was there, they would just have to find out. 

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Una didn't pick up on the ulterior motives of Sombra, mainly because she wasn't really looking for things like that, as she had no illusions about Sombra's character. He may have tried to paint himself as the morally better option, but his words had the opposite effect, because while Una was obedient, she wasn't a fool, and the way Sombra insisted on how vile and evil others were, it made one question, maybe he was the problem? After all, while Una didn't have a moral code to judge Sombra with, and she couldn't do so even if she would have had one, she could tell at this point that he was the 'evil' one from the perspective of the common morals. 

Honestly, the only thing Una didn't like about the whole thing, was his distrust towards her, why did he feel the need to lie to her? to keep secrets from her? Had she not proven her loyalty? Would this mean that when time was right, she'd be the one with a knife in her back?

She followed Sombra, and while she didn't have anything to respond to Sombra directly, she muttered thoughtfully "Ponies are weird, they have one skill that is so good that it becomes part of their record." sure she was part pony too, maybe, but with lack of memories and not being just a pony, she was basically an outsider looking in.  

• Brohoof 1

@Catpone Cerberus

Sombra would quietly lead the way towards the Boutique. He was quiet until the Boutique came into view, and he'd turn to Una and finally proceed to tell her what his plan was. "My plan is to possess Rarity. Not with the Discs, but I will use her body as my own - I have done this a few times before. I'll basically trap her mind inside of itself and take her body as my own. While I will not be as physically strong with her body - the ability to find gems would be rather useful." he spoke to Una, and then would continue with a grin., "After possessing her, we will murder Applejack and bury her body in the Everfree forest. Nobody will think to look there, and nobody will blame Rarity for it - because they would have no proof, and they wouldn't think that their good friend Rarity would do such a thing, now would they?" he smirked as they drew closer to the Boutique. It would be relatively easy to get into, as there were no magical defenses for an area like this. Sombra would walk up to what seemed to be the backdoor, smirking to Una. If Una had something to say, he would have waited to listen to her - but either way he would have used his magic to slip into under the door in his shadow form and unlock it from behind, allowing Una to follow him inside.

• Brohoof 1

@Props Valroa
Una didn't have much to say relating to Sombra's plans themselves, she had opinions of course, but she saw no reason to make them knows, as they were not useful opinions, and she didn't really know how to word them anyway, as it seemed she couldn't stick to only one. However, she did have a question regarding her own position in the plan though "While you are doing that, where will I be your highness? It's one thing for you to pretend to be her, but it's entirely different to try and explain who I am and why I'm suddenly following her." 

She of course followed Sombra in when he opened the door, she could have asked what Everfree forest was, as the name said nothing to her, but after thinking about it, she made the assumption that it was the forest next to the town, because there was no reason why Sombra would be talking about some other forest somewhere else. She tried to think through Sombra's plan, more specifically the implication of 'we' in the context of killing, but found herself unable to think it too deeply, it was almost like some kind of mental block was stopping her from thinking it beyond the context of 'do what you are told', yet at the same time she had very mixed feelings somewhere deep, tiny fractions of her arguing about if she should dislike the idea or be delighted by it, yet, neither of those thoughts were hers, or at least it didn't feel like they were. 

• Excited 1