Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria's nieghbor(s)

ColdhardSilver

After watching Hearth's Warming Eve and Family Appreciation Day I got wonder about what other countries are near Equestria. What creatures live there? Do ponies live there also? Are they based of mythology like Equestria, and if so which? Are they one good terms with Equestria?

I personally think it would be cool to have kingdom based of chinese, korean, and/or japanese mythology. It could be in ruled by dragons or foxes that see Equestria as resected rivals (which can spark great episode fuel).

Who or what do you think are equestria's nieghbors?

Hmm, you're idea reminds me a lot of FMA: Brotherhood xD

But Im not sure but I suppose the Changelings border Equestria to some extent if they actually have a set home. But I wouldn't be surprised if they kept to the ponies as the main population considering how most other animals are considered pets or wild. Dragons are different of course.

Dragonkind seem fairly close to Equestria, as Spike was born in Equestria. Not to mention that one dragon made a home of a mountain in the kingdom, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mountainous range somewhere nearby that housed dragons. Gilda going to Rainbow Dash's flight school would also make one wonder if griffons are close by to Equestria.

Of course, for the changelings to mount a huge attack would also seem to indicate they came from a close area. It's unforunate that so little of the geography of their world is unknown.

Not much to go on so far. We know that there is some land where zebras live, a desert wher changelings reside, mountains where dragons live, and wherever the heck the pre-Equestria ponies stayed, but we have no concrete geographical data or even names, so what lands neighbors the country is so far unknown. :blink:

(edited)

Dodge Junction, Applesoosa and the desert that Changlings were sent to are all possibly in the same deserty area, which is ostensibly outside of Equestria since this map is a pretty clear indicator of what is considered the canon area of the 'nation'.

Posted Image

Because TG&P Trixie made such claims about the Ursa Major being in 'Hoofington', it is possible that said community is within walking distance. This also goes for Manehattan (Applejack; The Cutie Mark Chronicles).

Los Pegasus and Fillydelphia are possibly accessible via a long or short distance flight but not as close as the aforementioned two cities.

Edited by Blue

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we've seen a Griffon and a Minotaur, along with real animals that aren't ponies, like zebras, mules, and goats. They made mention that the Everfree forest is more like our world, where "the weather changes on its own" and that is where Zecora lives, so that may be where all non-pony, real animals are from. As for the griffons and minotaurs, I'd love to know where they're from.

This is completely unofficial but I found this map and it's what I used when writing my fan fics. I like it. http://fc07.devianta...ner-d46wmzm.jpg

I think that map's been accepted as 'fanon' by the majority of more serious fanfiction writers, I've seen it come up in a variety of written pieces, to brilliant effect.

(edited)

This is completely unofficial but I found this map and it's what I used when writing my fan fics. I like it. http://fc07.devianta...ner-d46wmzm.jpg

Sweet map dude <3 Nice find.

I always assumed that there were places for the intelligent non-pony beings. Aka, that the griffins had their own society built somewhere, the Changelings have some sort of region they control, the buffalo have some territory though we don't know if that counts as an established society or just a region, since they represent native american-type characters, etc. Dragons and most of the other wild creatures are either nomadic or too wild to have a society, so they simply live wherever. Much of the world may very well be uncontrolled wilderness, outside the main kingdoms of species, with only small settlements here and there. That's my thoughts.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~