We're expanding!

Sir Hugsalot

Greetings, everypony! :D

I bring great news to You all! MLPForums are going to expand! There's a new section being prepared for You that will focus on Beyond Equestria matters. Said expansion has led to putting a lot of things to a halt, however here is a little bit of a sneak-peek of what's to come! :proud:

1. Debate pit - we all know it and we also know how much moderation it requires. Topics that are being discussed there are ones that may lead to passionate discussions and because of it that section needs more care from us than any other. Because of this, that section of the site is down until we are properly staffed and adjusted with these updates along with bigger changes for the site.

2. NSFW - The forums is a public space, surprising someone with unwanted content when we have young teenagers allowed in this space is not appropriate. Fan clubs, especially, are not places to post inappropriate NSFW art where someone simply wishes to admire art of their favorite character -- this does not mean they consent to the sexualization of said character, even if it's just a peek. Users who have not asked, nor consented to this, should not be exposed to it by surprise.

Here is the list of what's not permitted from now on (in addition to previously disallowed content)

• nudity (this includes characters that are naked, but hidden behind a tiny piece of cloth for example, so not openly revealing)
  • suggestive poses, including poses in full outfits
  • art that's slightly revealing of character's private parts
  • characters wearing lingerie of any kind
  • characters wearing full outfits that are of suggestive, erotic kind

Additionally we advice against usage of words like "sexy" when describing art You post.

If You're uncertain about art You wish to post You are free to contact our moderation team and ask for opinion and we will happily assist You!

3. A new, sister website - there will be a place, within Poniverse, where You will be permitted to post mature content, risque art that is not permitted within mlpforums along with other more profound topics of a sensitive nature. Access to it will be given upon request and it will operate outside mlpforums itself. That however also means that attempts to post NSFW images here may result in harsher punishments than before, including bans if initial warnings are not heeded. With such platform availible it is even more unnecesarry to even try to sneak in risque art here. Don't try it, when You can go to our sister site and post it freely.

4. Staff, in itself is going to go through changes. The most important one is - we are to become more engaging. It is my personal goal to have staff become what it once was - fun, engaging bunch of people, who, despite the responsibilities of staff as well as real life matters they have to balance are still approachable, friendly people that can be trusted.

After all, we all are here for one purpose - to enjoy the show the forums are about, talk about it and socialize with others as we do it. Staff is going to reflect that purpose. Additionally, next to already new staffers there will be new names announced soon enough as well. Stay tuned for them and give them a warm welcome in our ranks, will You? :fluttershy:

If You have any further questions about these changes feel free to reach out to any staffer and we will happily assist You! Thank You and a big hug to all of You!

:hug_day:

• Brohoof 12

What a peculiar set of changes. I do have a set of follow up questions, however, it's pretty clear where this is coming from and the plans they have set for the site's future. The future looks interesting!

Now, just to clarify here is, (and yes I am being serious when I ask this) the use of words like sexy, hot  etc in terms of things like fangasams over a liked or preferred character okay  if it is done simply as opinion and not in link with an actual sexualizing picture and adult subject content?

EXAMPLE: "I like AJ the best she's very cute and sexy."

Would that be too much?

34 minutes ago, Star heart 777 said:

Now, just to clarify here is, (and yes I am being serious when I ask this) the use of words like sexy, hot  etc in terms of things like fangasams over a liked or preferred character okay  if it is done simply as opinion and not in link with an actual sexualizing picture and adult subject content?

Would that be too much?

Huuuuuuh.... Please, never say that again. Never ever.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
55 minutes ago, Star heart 777 said:

Would that be too much?

Yes, adding "sexy" is a bit much. I think the part before it- "I like AJ the best she's very cute" is perfectly fine in my opinion, but that depends on everyone else.

Edited by thecoolerglimmer
clarity

4 minutes ago, Star heart 777 said:

What is the problem?

The problem is that you caused me to picture things in my mind that I can't unpicture by saying that AJ is "sexy". :wacko:

Sexy will always be related to sex, it litterally has the word in it! So it's better if we never use it or if we use it to make jokes but I highly recommand to not even for that purpose. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

The problem is that you caused me to picture things in my mind that I can't unpicture by saying that AJ is "sexy". :wacko:

Sexy will always be related to sex, it litterally has the word in it! So it's better if we never use it or if we use it to make jokes but I highly recommand to not even for that purpose. :please:

Yes I agree with @Shiny Silvermoon. We should actively try to move away from that stuff in general here to promote a safe space for everypony to enjoy.

I can see that you @Sir Hugsalotl have been doing a lot of work in the short time that you've been an administrator, and I look forward to seeing what you will bring to the community as you continue your work! 👍

So anyways, I think that this is a good change, and I look forward to seeing who will be promoted to staff and staff's engagement in the community!

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Star heart 777 said:

Would that be too much?

Yes

Judge: Anyone  who says the word sexy or hot or makes anyone errect shall not be put into court and immediately crusifide!

Pony1: even if the weather is hot?

Judge: CRRRRUUUSSSSIIIIFFFFIIIIDE!

PONY1: WAIT NO! I HAVE FOALS!!!

pony2: hey you said it too!

Judge:..... Oh shit! 

Runs away....

On 2023-05-08 at 9:55 PM, Star heart 777 said:

Would that be too much?

Is this referring to being advised against it? Hahah I think it's a reference to people just randomly dumping provocative images and using one word to imply it's totally not sexual despite evidence being against it. :laugh:
Context matters in cases like these. And it's just an advice .. especially when it's being used on images trying to pass off as not suggestive. :v 

... ... ... I could have sworn that said "We're Expecting!" :mlp_please:

Glad to hear that the Staff will be more active among us though. :grin: I do believe the Staff have always been quite amicable, at least in my experience, but I am eager that a point has been made of it. It couldn't hurt to entertain our overlords, no?

5 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

You, too? Imagine if they’d said “Our family is growing!”. 

13 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

Glad to hear that the Staff will be more active among us though. :grin: I do believe the Staff have always been quite amicable, at least in my experience, but I am eager that a point has been made of it. It couldn't hurt to entertain our overlords, no?

Oh! Congrats silky!

20 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

*blushes profusely and poofs*

7 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Oh! Congrats silky!

gfjihfigjhxdgjd. *double poofs*

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

On 2023-05-09 at 3:46 AM, thecoolerglimmer said:

What a peculiar set of changes. I do have a set of follow up questions, however, it's pretty clear where this is coming from and the plans they have set for the site's future. The future looks interesting!

Looking forward to hearing them if You wish to share ;) 

On 2023-05-09 at 8:38 AM, The Recherche said:

Now that would be yet another thing that's definitely worthy of an announcement! When that happens however I will need some good, anti-poofing solution for @Princess Silky :toldya: Can't be on a stage alone for that one :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

Some bold changes right off the bat, huh? :wacko:  Some of these changes do seem good when I think about it more though, so hopefully all goes well once they're implemented. I think aiming to having the staff be as approachable as possible is a solid goal to work towards though. I've already felt that since I came back, so trying to push that even more would really let the forum shine. Great work guys. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, The Recherche said:

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You, too? Imagine if they’d said “Our family is growing!”. 

4 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Oh! Congrats silky!

4 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

*blushes profusely and poofs*

gfjihfigjhxdgjd. *double poofs*

4 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Pro tip..... Dont name your child with pony names:okiedokieloki: u uh...

3 hours ago, Sir Hugsalotl said:

Looking forward to hearing them if You wish to share ;) 

Now that would be yet another thing that's definitely worthy of an announcement! When that happens however I will need some good, anti-puffing solution for @Princess Silky :toldya: Can't be on a stage alone for that one :toldya:

Ohmygosh this whole thing just made me laugh out loud! You guys!! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 2