Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

some G5 merch I spotted at a shop

River wisp

Those are cute! I wonder how they're selling? I love G5 myself, but I tried to show it to my niece and she said she didn't like how the ponies have "giant round heads". 😭🦄

I guess she liked FIM more visually. I have been having fun with G5 merch, I like how it's more girly and cutesy. I was a huge FIM fan, but they tried a little too hard for broad appeal, rather than targeting the girly toy market.

Didn't realize they have MLP in the UK. Interesting...

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, PrincessBonBon12 said:

Didn't realize they have MLP in the UK. Interesting...

Really?? It’s quite big here. Most American children’s brands are also marketed here, as we speak the same language. I also saw some g4 dissectibles and Chrystal fwenz in a different store for reference. 

I actually prefer the look of G5, I think the eyes and general proportions look better

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, River wisp said:

I actually prefer the look of G5, I think the eyes and general proportions look better

I wouldn't say I prefer G5, but I would say that I like it a lot, and I like how the ponies are softer and more pony-like, sort of the way the older pre-FIM ponies looked. The question is though, do kids like the look of G5? That will determine how it goes, because the adult fan base from FIM is not going to be attracted to MYM, or new generation. I like that though, I like that it is softer, warmer, and cuter. 

I think there is a large enough fan base of g5 that carried over from g4. I’m not sure if children like it, I know the movie was well received but I’m not sure about the general series. The style gives Paw patrol vibes, which is a very successful series, I guess we just have to wait and see if hasbro continues it