Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Interpretation of Adult Scootaloo -- Pixel Art

Ashbad

Posted Image

dA link -> http://theashbad.deviantart.com/art/Pixel-Art-Scootaloo-the-Orange-Haze-307822808

Made in MS Paint entirely, composed of 32 colors, made with a trackpad. It's irrelevant info, but I guess I can use these facts as lame bragging rights ^_^

Anyways, after 18 hours of work or so, I present to you... Scootaloo. As an adult. With a cutie mark! Specifically, a cloud with a purple lightning bolt, representing her need for speed. As the haze of the ocean and the orange of the sunset meet, she finally discovers what her special talent is.

Yes, the pose shows a lot of plot. Not intended to be intimate at all, but take it as so, or not, at your own leisure. It was originally based on a drawing of Lyra I drew on a sticky note during a history exam, but the facial structure and body fit Scootaloo so much better, so here I am now. Lyra don't hurt me :(

• Brohoof 17

Made in MS Paint entirely, composed of 32 colors, made with a trackpad. It's irrelevant info, but I guess I can use these facts as lame bragging rights ^_^

Made in MS Paint entirely, composed of 32 colors, made with a trackpad.

made with a trackpad

Posted Image

Congrats to you! You must have a load of patience...

• Brohoof 4

My reaction:

Posted Image

Hehehe, I guess it has that effect ^_^ I've been on a trackpad exclusively for almost a year now, and I've gotten better with the trackpad than I am with a mouse (I can even play TF2/other FPSs well with it ^_^) Though, I'm saving up money to buy a Wacom tablet, since I think that will save me tons of time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

That's pretty goo......Wait......PAINT!?!?!?!?!?! DEAR GOD! :blink:

MS paint should have all the basic stuff needed to make pixel art like this, so if you ask me, I'm not that impressed with the fact that it was made in MS paint. Some of the first pixels I made (crazy long time ago) were made in MS paint.

What I don't like about MS paint is that it feels so clumsy with little customization like rearranging the UI and such, and MS paint is pretty piss poor at handling pictures with low color depth.

Edited by PixMeister

MS paint should have all the basic stuff needed to make pixel art like this, so if you ask me, I'm not that impressed with the fact that it was made in MS paint. Some of the first pixels I made (crazy long time ago) were made in MS paint.

What I don't like about MS paint is that it feels so clumsy with little customization like rearranging the UI and such, and MS paint is pretty piss poor at handling pictures with low color depth.

I'm just impressed because I'm absolute garbage with MS Paint xD Photoshop is the way to go IMHO, but then again I don't make pixel art :P

Trackpad? TRACKPAD?

Posted Image

That's really cool. I've seen other variations of adult Scoot that I like more, but this is very cool.

I must say, nice arse.

You have no idea how many comments I'm getting on dA along those lines :P

I like it. If you want a better program I can send you a torrent of PaintSAI, or Gimp. Overall it really looks good. ^_^

But GiMP is free, not meant for pixel art... and I already have it ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Awesome take on adult Scootaloo. But as a lot of others have mentioned, that is amazing work, specifically the fact that you used MS paint, all I can do in MS paint is draw a crooked line, well I wouldn't even consider it a crooked line, more of a pathetic scribble. But enough of my amazing paint techniques......As I stated, I really like your work, the design, the facial reaction, the blended use of colors and the cutie mark that definitely represents Scootaloo. Thanks for sharing your work :)

Awesome take on adult Scootaloo. But as a lot of others have mentioned, that is amazing work, specifically the fact that you used MS paint, all I can do in MS paint is draw a crooked line, well I wouldn't even consider it a crooked line, more of a pathetic scribble. But enough of my amazing paint techniques......As I stated, I really like your work, the design, the facial reaction, the blended use of colors and the cutie mark that definitely represents Scootaloo. Thanks for sharing your work :)

Thanks for the compliments ^_^