Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New Pegas, A Fallout: New Vegas inspired RP

Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

As she stopped, she could hear better and concluded that the noise was still a bit of a ways off, so she could continue moving and get clear of it before it caught up with her. She was able to pick some fresh corn in the way of food before moving on.

Going around the canyon, she'd pass close enough to the ruined city covered in a purple mist to see what looked like creatures, vaguely equine in silhouette, shambling between the buildings, but she would be able to avoid the city and mist entirely without much difficulty and get back on the road. A short way up she would spot what looked like a patrol of uniformed ponies moving around the city heading her way (In that they're going generally in the direction she is, not that they're pursuing her). They didn't seem in a hurry, but she could wait for them to get to where she was or move on.

If she chose to remain, they would nod as they passed. Though they would stop if she asked something of them.

If she chose to continue, she'd be able to follow the road, noticing a cave entrance, a pair of mine shafts, and what looked like a camp site, not far off the road.

Carnelian would continue moving to get clear of those noises before it caught up in her way - picking up some fresh corn to store in her saddlebags as she continued along. As she went around the canyon she would see the ruined city with purple mist. There seemed to be creatures moving about in the abandoned city. Figuring that it was a heavily dangerous area she would proceed away from that city to get back onto the road she was headed on. 

"I will see if these ponies are able to be reasoned with. If they are a threat, than I'll outrun them or hide....let's see..." she spoke to herself quietly and would remain. Carnelian would wave to them in a non-threatening manner and proceed to ask who they were, and what was about in this area - making it clear that she was just out here on her own without any indication she was involved in any groups, or bandits - of which she wouldn't be. Depending on the answer she would get - if they were non-threatening and seemed like they would be willing to take someone in perhaps she would think about going with them. But if they were intend on just continuing along Carnelian would have moved along.

The sun is beginning to set, casting long shadows on the ground.

@StrawberryMilk Simp

Otho nodded, "Now you're starting to have good ideas. Let's let them pass us though, don't want them to think we're following, or about to ambush them."

Otho quickly moved to where an old firepit had been on the side of the road, and made a show like he was about to light it, like they were setting up camp for the night. So long as Kuya played along, or at least did not draw attention to himself, the pony and the pair of gryphons would pass them without paying them much notice. Still, the two would be able to see that the trio looked on edge, and were not wholly unscathed. They looked like they had just escaped a battle, or were actively escaping one.

Otho would wait until they were just out of sight before he started moving to follow. "Heavy griffons like that leave big tracks, especially running like that." He pointed to the tracks in the dusty ground, "Won't be hard to follow them, but given the hour? I think they're heading to Nova."

Otho would start to follow the trail they had left, "Still want to follow them?"

@GeneralDirection

The old mare looked over what they had to sell, "Got these off some raiders didya? I guess you too are tougher than you look." She offered what sounded like a fair price for the items. It would be more than enough to secure lodging in the next town for the night, and then some. Given they had lived in a stable all their lives, it was more money than they had ever had at one point before.

When it came to what she had for sale, it was a little bit of everything, but nothing too exciting or special, mostly things similar to what they were selling her that had no doubt also been scavenged off of others. She did have a good amount of ammo for their weapons if they wanted to top off, as well as some armor that looked like it would fit Nightfall pretty well, though it would cut in to their extra funds.

The old mare also indicated that she could tune up their weapons for a small fee.

@Props Valroa

The group adjusted their course to approach Carnelian when waved to, allowing her to better examine the uniforms they were wearing. While they had clearly seen better days, the uniforms fit them well, indicating that they weren't stolen, so it was pretty likely that these were NLR soldiers.

When asked who they were the leader commented the same, that they were NLR soldiers assigned to this area, but that Discord's Legion had set off a powerful Anti-Magic bomb in the city, killing many of the soldiers who had been stationed there when a herd of spawn soon followed. the leader's group had been lucky enough to be on patrol when the event occurred. He pointed to a small collection of tents on a bluff overlooking the clouded city, indicating that there was where they were camped if she needed anything.

When asked what was about in the area, the leader repeated that the greatest dangers here with the spawn in the city, and the Legion, indicating that they were far more dangerous than the raiders around here.

If she asked who the Legion were, the leader would look surprised before answering that the Legion were remnants of a much larger group that claimed to have followed Discord in the before times. They believed that by destroying all civilization they were doing Discord's will.

If she asked about joining or helping them, the leader would think for a moment, "Well, if you're volunteering to join the NLR, you'll want to talk with our leaders at the old airship station in New Pegas. If you just want to help though..." He saw the suit she was carrying and he looked surprised, "Is that a proper hazmat suit? With that you'd be able to enter the city without being affected by the antimagic. If you'd be willing to go into the city and collect some of the materials we had to leave behind. Food, weapons, ammo, pretty much anything useful, we've got some sand dollars to reward you with. Up to you though, the spawn may not be smart, but they are dangerous in large numbers."

(Carnelian will have a bonus to stealth in the antimagic cloud, but will be unable to use weapons relying on magic while in the city.)

• Excited 1

@Illiad Easle

The group adjusted their course to approach Carnelian when waved to, allowing her to better examine the uniforms they were wearing. While they had clearly seen better days, the uniforms fit them well, indicating that they weren't stolen, so it was pretty likely that these were NLR soldiers.

When asked who they were the leader commented the same, that they were NLR soldiers assigned to this area, but that Discord's Legion had set off a powerful Anti-Magic bomb in the city, killing many of the soldiers who had been stationed there when a herd of spawn soon followed. the leader's group had been lucky enough to be on patrol when the event occurred. He pointed to a small collection of tents on a bluff overlooking the clouded city, indicating that there was where they were camped if she needed anything.

When asked what was about in the area, the leader repeated that the greatest dangers here with the spawn in the city, and the Legion, indicating that they were far more dangerous than the raiders around here.

If she asked who the Legion were, the leader would look surprised before answering that the Legion were remnants of a much larger group that claimed to have followed Discord in the before times. They believed that by destroying all civilization they were doing Discord's will.

If she asked about joining or helping them, the leader would think for a moment, "Well, if you're volunteering to join the NLR, you'll want to talk with our leaders at the old airship station in New Pegas. If you just want to help though..." He saw the suit she was carrying and he looked surprised, "Is that a proper hazmat suit? With that you'd be able to enter the city without being affected by the antimagic. If you'd be willing to go into the city and collect some of the materials we had to leave behind. Food, weapons, ammo, pretty much anything useful, we've got some sand dollars to reward you with. Up to you though, the spawn may not be smart, but they are dangerous in large numbers."

(Carnelian will have a bonus to stealth in the antimagic cloud, but will be unable to use weapons relying on magic while in the city.)

Carnelian would stand there somewhat cautiously as the group had came up to her - she had looked at their uniforms. Carnelian didn't know much about the NLR from what she was told, but she had enough information to know about what their soldiers looked like. She'd wait to see what they would say to her. Evidently, they were dealing with a far greater threat than that of bandits - but of individuals who were intent on destroying everything to appease Discord's will. Well, they was definitely barbaric. It was worse than Equestrians - who while were disagreeable, at least had a functioning society. Discord's legion from the sounds of it were definitely barbarians who weren't able to be reasoned with. Carnelian would wish to see absolute destruction come to those who believed that kind of thing.

Carnelian would have asked who the Legion were, and if she would be able to join the NLR just for further information. It seemed that if she wanted to gain the favor of these individuals she would have to take great personal risk to do so - however, she would be able to find stuff for herself. Before she would make any proper decisions on this - Carnelian would have asked further about the massive tower in the distance. What they knew about it and who it belonged to. Though, she didn't tell them that it was where she was headed originally.

The answers they would give would determine whether or not she would be willing to help or join the NLR. 

2 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

would start to follow the trail they had left, "Still want to follow them?

"Well we have 2 options.

Follow them or potentially face the one they are fleeing away from."

" those 3 are heavily injured. Who ever did so must be stronger."

" so we should probably chase the fleeing pray. Now the question is.

Is it advantageous if we ambush them in Nova. Or before they reach nova."

" but for now we chase them from afar. We dont wanna be at the middle of the pray and whatever is chasing them."kuya follows Otto on the chase.

@Illiad Easle

@Illiad Easle

Nebel simply nodded in response, not wanting to explain what had actually happened to the raiders. Neither of them had any idea what a fair price would be for any of their gear, they hadn’t even seen more than a few bits in their entire lives. He would agree to the offer and exchange the goods for the bits. When the old mare explained what she has for sale, the stallion took some interest in the armour set, the idea of Nightfall having extra protection appealed to him.

“What class of armour is that?” Nightfall asked, as if she had been reading her brother’s mind. “I don’t want anything that might slow me down.”

Nebel also pondered the offer to tune their weapons up a bit. But given how little they had used them and how lacklustre their skills were, he wasn’t confident that it would be a worthwhile investment.

The shadows grow longer, it would be wise to seek shelter.

@StrawberryMilk Simp

Otho nodded, "Sound reasoning, it seems I misjudged you earlier."

As he started to head in the direction of the three they were pursuing, "I don't think we'll be able to catch up to them before they reach Nova, not at the speed they were going and as weak as you are from the antimagic. And after they leave Nova it will be deep in NLR territory. Much more dangerous to attack them there, even if the NLR and Talons aren't on good terms. But maybe we'll get lucky in Nova."

Following the trail, they would soon approach a makeshift camp, where Otho would caution, "If I remember correctly, that's an NLR outpost. They shouldn't cause trouble if we don't look suspicious."

The camp made use of piles of debris, including a number of old carts, to make walls and elevated walkways, giving the rangers within a good vantage of those approaching.

@GeneralDirection

On 2023-12-11 at 5:44 PM, GeneralDirection said:

“What class of armour is that?” Nightfall asked, as if she had been reading her brother’s mind. “I don’t want anything that might slow me down.”

The mare chuckled at that, "Well this ain't power armor. anything able to protect you is going to weigh something, and that weight is going to slow you down. That's the price you pay for protection."

Seeing as they probably weren't going to buy anything the mare would get up from her chair, "Well, I best be getting to bed. You two too I reckon. Nova's just up the road there, they've got a motel you can spend the night in. Should have some rooms available if you're lucky."

If they did decide to buy the armor, the mare would produce a set of reinforced cloth armor. a bit more durable than the vault suit Nightfall had, and much less conspicuous, without weighing her down too much more.

@Props Valroa

(A bit hard to parse what exactly you want to happen in your post. I hope I interpreted it right.)

On 2023-12-09 at 9:08 PM, Carnelian Clout said:

Carnelian would have asked further about the massive tower in the distance. What they knew about it and who it belonged to.

The one in charge would look to see what she was referring to, before nodding, "Ah, that there is a place they call Helios. I don't rightly know what it is, but I've heard that it's built right over a ley line, and it's capable of distributing magical energy throughout the whole area. I hear they want to modify it to better regulate the movement of the sun. I'm sure you've noticed how erratic it can be? We suspect the Legion might have something they're using to move the sun, or the Solar Empire. But that's all theories above my pay grade. If you know something about pre-war magics, they might be able to use your help there."

With regards to who it belongs to, "Well, we control it, for now. We had to fight off a bunch of heavily armed and armored ponies for it, called themselves the Sisterhood of Steam. They haven't been seen around here since then. But it's not like the Legion or the Empire is going to just let us keep it. That's why protecting these border areas, even when they've been destroyed, is important."

• smile 1

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

The camp made use of piles of debris, including a number of old carts, to make walls and elevated walkways, giving the rangers within a good vantage of those approaching

" .... So we can just walk right in? right?"

" if they ask, just tell them we got lost and i got sick from the anti magic powder thingy. That'd be the perfect ally by.

As planned they commence to pass through the outpost to get to Nova.

@Illiad Easle

Edited by Evil Pink One

@Illiad Easle

Carnelian would listen to his words attentively. It was clear it was owned by the NCR - so she shouldn't go there at the moment. Plus the Sun was starting to set, making it more dangerous at night. Any missions into the ruined city would have to wait. Carnelian wouldn't want to be here at night. So for now, she would have to bide her own personal feelings to take advantage of this situation. "I knew it was important from the looks of it. What can you tell about the Empire?" Carnelian would ask him.

"Provided you are willing to take me along, I would like to spend the night somewhere safe if it's possible. I cannot go out there in that city due to the dangers at night. Perhaps if I am given somewhere safe to stay, I would be willing to go out there tomorrow and recover some stuff for your faction, provided that there is a safe area I could drop stuff off at for you." she spoke to the leader.

@Illiad Easle

Seems that Nightfall’s interpony skills need a bit of work. What she really meant to say was that she didn’t want anything to slow her down too much. Her brother looked concerned that they would be passing up a chance for his sister to have some extra protection.

“Oh, excuse me, ma’am, I would be interested in the armour set you have.” Nebel spoke up as the mare got up to leave. He places the correct number of bits on the counter and pushes them towards her.

• Brohoof 1

The sun touches the horizon, the spawn are growing more active.

@StrawberryMilk Simp

Otho shook his head, "There's a path that goes around. They only stop the caravans here. Since we're not carrying much they shouldn't care."

True enough, the guards in the camp didn't seem to pay them any mind, if they even noticed them. 

Soon after, they were out of the canyon and approaching a small collection of houses. Otho led the way past a small field with some strange looking cows, many of which had two heads, to a larger building with a large sculpture of a dragon. "We can rest here for the night, and those we're following are also likely resting here, or nearby, if you want to investigate. I'll get us a room."

Otho would head to the motel office, leaving Kuya behind in the courtyard. A griffon stood against one of the railings in front of one of the rooms on the second floor.

(Depending on @GeneralDirection's actions)

A pair of younger ponies, stable dwellers by the looks of them, also approached the motel. They lacked the confidence that Otho had, indicating that they were less used to the environment.

@GeneralDirection

The old mare smiled, "I figured you would. I'll bring that right out for ya, then you can get on to Nova before night falls."

She took the bits and was back with the armor, which was clean and folded, in a few minutes. "Ya'll travel safely now, and don't hesitate to come back if you need anything, or if you have more loot to sell."

If they proceeded towards town, they would arrive at just about the same time that Kuya and Otho did, but from the other side, circling around the back of the motel and passing a rundown shack.

If they went around to the front of the motel, they'd see Kuya standing in the courtyard, Otho heading into the office, and the griffon standing against the railing on the second floor.

If one of them went to rent a room, following Otho, the receptionist, a middle aged mare, would comment that it was a busy night, with three groups coming in all at once, and that Nebel and Nightfall were lucky to get the last room they had available.

She seemed open to conversation, if they were inclined, or they could talk to anyone else they had seen.

@Props Valroa

On 2023-12-17 at 12:11 AM, Carnelian Clout said:

"I knew it was important from the looks of it. What can you tell about the Empire?"

The one in charge shrugged, "We've only just encountered them recently. Apparently they claim to be a continuation of Equestria, and as such everything that once belonged to Equestria is theirs, and they're willing to do whatever it takes to take it back. They're not stupid though, and they have some pretty high quality stuff, so when they do attack, it's usually with overwhelming force. Best not to get mixed up with them if you can avoid it."

On 2023-12-17 at 12:11 AM, Carnelian Clout said:

"Provided you are willing to take me along, I would like to spend the night somewhere safe if it's possible. I cannot go out there in that city due to the dangers at night. Perhaps if I am given somewhere safe to stay, I would be willing to go out there tomorrow and recover some stuff for your faction, provided that there is a safe area I could drop stuff off at for you."

He looked thoughtful, turning his eyes skyward, "Hmm, it is getting late, or I'd send you to Nipton or Nova, being the next two closest towns. Sure, you can join us in our camp tonight, if you don't mind sleeping on the ground we've got a spare bag, and that same place is where you can drop off anything you find in the city. At least one person is at the camp at all times to receive whatever you find and reimburse you accordingly."

• smile 1

@Illiad Easle

Carnelian thought for a moment, before she would nod to the leader's statement. "I will follow along to your camp tonight, I don't mind sleeping on the ground. Tomorrow then, I will start gathering materials for the camp." she stated. It was a generous offer, and she wasn't going to turn it down. Especially with the sun starting to set - indicating that it was going to be a whole lot more dangerous at night. "I suppose the Empire is a group you encountered recently, are there any other groups I should be aware of? Other than the legion." she spoke as she'd follow the leader to the camp. 

@Illiad Easle

“Sure thing, and thanks again!” Nebel says as they depart from the scrapyard.

A short time later, they arrived in Nova, and headed towards the first motel they saw, hopefully they would have room. Before they got closer, Nightfall spoke up.

“Places like this are notorious for having sketchy creatures of all sorts hanging about. Best we keep a low profile and say as little as possible.” She said to her brother before taking off her vault suit and putting on the newly acquired armour. “It’d be nice if we could do something about your vault suit too, but for now it’s better than nothing.”

Nebel nodded quietly as they approached the motel. They noticed the earth pony in the courtyard, but as per Nightfall’s instructions, they both quietly made their way inside. Turns out it was a particularly busy tonight at this motel, as they managed to get the last room available.

“Thank you. Just out of curiosity, have you noticed a courier come by here lately? Female earth pony, goes by the name ‘Red’. She was headed southwest towards Sweetwater. We’re looking for her, she seems to have gone missing.” Nebel addressed the receptionist quietly.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-12-23 at 4:18 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Otho shook his head, "There's a path that goes around. They only stop the caravans here. Since we're not carrying much they shouldn't care

" sometimes i wonder if you really need my help." He'd give Otho a noogie.

" What would i do without you... Probably be dead."

they were out of the canyon and approaching a small collection of houses. Otho led the way past a small field with some strange looking cows, many of which had two heads, to a larger building with a large sculpture of a dragon. "We can rest here for the night, and those we're following are also likely resting here, or nearby, if you want to investigate. I'll get us a room."

" ... You think those cow's milk are extra creamy?" He pondered.

Otho would head to the motel office, leaving Kuya behind in the courtyard. A griffon stood against one of the railings in front of one of the rooms on the second floor.

(Depending on @GeneralDirection's actions)

A pair of younger ponies, stable dwellers by the looks of them, also approached the motel. They lacked the confidence that Otho had, indicating that they were less used to the environment

" .... Huh.... Is that the same griffon?" 

If the pair would come near him or anyone really, hed give a nod and great them proper like.

@Illiad Easle

• 2 weeks later...

@StrawberryMilk Simp

On 2023-12-25 at 9:21 PM, Evil Pink One said:

" ... You think those cow's milk are extra creamy?" He pondered.

Otho raised an eyebrow at that, "Mutated as they are? I doubt it's safe for consumption. Probably full of Thaum."

On 2023-12-25 at 9:21 PM, Evil Pink One said:

" .... Huh.... Is that the same griffon?" 

Otho spared a glance before shrugging, "Maybe? Hard to tell."

Once he returned from the office he would lead the way to their room, adjacent to the one the gryphon appeared to be guarding. He looked annoyed, but did not address them unless spoken to. If Kuya followed Otho into the room, he'd be able to hear some faint speaking through the wall.

Listening closely, he wouldn't be able to make out everything they were saying, but he'd be able to pick out the words Courier, Chip, House, and Pegas.

@GeneralDirection

On 2023-12-24 at 2:59 PM, GeneralDirection said:

“Thank you. Just out of curiosity, have you noticed a courier come by here lately? Female earth pony, goes by the name ‘Red’. She was headed southwest towards Sweetwater. We’re looking for her, she seems to have gone missing.” Nebel addressed the receptionist quietly.

"Red?" the receptionist looked concerned, "Sure, she's passed through here before, but not recently. I did overhear some of those griffons who just checked in talking about a courier though, maybe they know something? You room is right next to theirs." She chuckled, "They wanted to have no neighbors, but there's only so much I can do when two more groups show up."

If they went to their room, the griffon standing outside the adjacent room looked annoyed, but would not address them unless spoken to. If they went inside their room they'd hear some faint speaking through the wall.

Listening closely, they wouldn't be able to make out everything they were saying, but they'd be able to pick out the words Courier, Chip, Kill, and Boulder.

@Props Valroa

On 2023-12-22 at 1:36 PM, Carnelian Clout said:

"I suppose the Empire is a group you encountered recently, are there any other groups I should be aware of? Other than the legion."

The leader shrugged as he led the way over to their campsite, it wasn't much and looked to have been recently assembled, indicating that the attack that had filled the city with spawn had been fairly recent. "There's no end to the small gangs and tribe around this area, but most of them keep to themselves and only attack those passing through what they consider their territory. Outside of them though, and the Empire and the Legion, I guess the casino heads? They're the group that runs New Pegas out of the four central casinos. There are rumors that they've had creatures eliminated before for posing a danger to them, nothing that could be traced back to them of course, but considering just how much money they have at their disposal, they're worth paying attention to, if only to ensure you don't get on their bad side."

If she didn't have other questions, she'd be given a sleeping bag and a place inside one of the tents to spend the night.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Carnelian follows along to the camping site. She didn't have much else to say for now - having some level of understanding of things. It was only really the Legion, Empire, and NCR. Neither of them she liked from the sounds of them. The NCR had pitiful ideas of equality and democracy, the Legion was based on Equestrian supremacy - which she hated as she saw Crystal Ponies separate from Equestria. She supposed that wasn't so much the case as the Crystal Empire was destroyed, thanks to the actions of the NCR's ancestors. The case was clear for her. She was going to do what she had to here, to gather up some funds and something valuable enough. Then potentially she could see if she could leave and see what the Empire was all about in person. These thoughts occupied her mind as she would sleep for the night.

3 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

Once he returned from the office he would lead the way to their room, adjacent to the one the gryphon appeared to be guarding. He looked annoyed, but did not address them unless spoken to

He would want to get a reaction on the griffon to get him some clues.

" hello neighbor." He gave a small gesture.

3 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

f Kuya followed Otho into the room, he'd be able to hear some faint speaking through the wall.

Listening closely, he wouldn't be able to make out everything they were saying, but he'd be able to pick out the words Courier, Chip, House, and Pegas.

Hed try to use a cup to listen in more clearly through the walls. If a cup he'd just place it through the wall and if  none he'd just simply press his head at the wall and would advice Otho to do the same.

" well whatya think it is about? Ya think its worth it?" He asked.

@Illiad Easle

Nebel thanked the receptionist before the two unicorns retired to their room. Nebel heard some voices in the next room over, but he was only able to make out a few of their words.

“These guys are bad news.” Nebel said to his sister quietly. “We’d do best to keep our distance.”

Nightfall nodded her head quietly in reply.

“They might know something about the pony we’re after, though. I say we attempt to follow them, but again, from a distance. If they go off in another direction, then we know they’re not looking for Red.”

“What if they already got her?” Nightfall asked. “If they finished the job, then what reason do they have to go back? I think we should just follow them regardless of what direction they go.”     

“…I guess that’s fair.” Her brother replied after a moment. “Perhaps we should have a look around town in the morning. We still have some bits from earlier, we might come across a vendor selling something that could help us.”

“That’s… actually a good idea. Yea, let’s go with that.” Nightfall said with a bit of surprise in her voice.

“Wow, actually? Come on, I’m not that oblivious…”

“Sometimes I wonder.” She said with a grin.

@StrawberryMilk Simp

On 2024-01-07 at 5:17 PM, Evil Pink One said:

He would want to get a reaction on the griffon to get him some clues.

" hello neighbor." He gave a small gesture.

The griffon sorted but ignored him.

On 2024-01-07 at 5:17 PM, Evil Pink One said:

" well whatya think it is about? Ya think its worth it?" He asked.

Otho looked intrigued, "I mean there's a lot of context missing, but a courier in association with House is unusual. What could he have needed that his golems couldn't get for him?"

@Props Valroa @GeneralDirection @Evil Pink One

The next morning.

@GeneralDirection @Evil Pink One

Both groups are awoken by the sound of their shared neighbors preparing to leave. The first light was only just appearing, it seemed like they wanted to make an early exit.

@Props Valroa

Carnelian was awoken by the sound of gunfire outside the tent. If she went out to investigate, she'd find a pair of the soldiers defending the camp against a small group of spawn, it looked like 4 were left. One of them, a pegasus, was flapping its wings but was unable to take to the air, shaking a purple dust out of its feathers as it tried.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Carnelian would observe the situation for a little bit - before she would proceed to get ready and collect what was needed to begin gathering up materials from the town. Seems like the soldiers could handle it, however if they requested assistance she would give it to them. 

6 hours ago, Illiad Easle said:

@StrawberryMilk Simp

The griffon sorted but ignored him.

Otho looked intrigued, "I mean there's a lot of context missing, but a courier in association with House is unusual. What could he have needed that his golems couldn't get for him?"

@Props Valroa @GeneralDirection @Evil Pink One

The next morning.

@GeneralDirection @Evil Pink One

Both groups are awoken by the sound of their shared neighbors preparing to leave. The first light was only just appearing, it seemed like they wanted to make an early exit.

@Props Valroa

Carnelian was awoken by the sound of gunfire outside the tent. If she went out to investigate, she'd find a pair of the soldiers defending the camp against a small group of spawn, it looked like 4 were left. One of them, a pegasus, was flapping its wings but was unable to take to the air, shaking a purple dust out of its feathers as it tried.

" well that was early.. must be in a rush...whatever it is i want it." Kuya would hurry and prepare to stalk them.

@Illiad Easle

Nightfall awoke to loud rustling sounds coming from the room they had heard the talking from yesterday. Her eyes went wide as she remembered their plans for the day.

“Nebel! Wake up!” She whispered, poking him a few times. “They’re getting ready to leave.”

“Ugh… it’s too early to be awake.” He muttered, blinking as he slowly arose from his bed.

“I really wish we could’ve gotten you some amour… that vault suit makes you stick out like a sore hoof.” Nightfall commented as she put her own armour on. “But oh well, is what it is. We’ll just have to keep our distance. I did bring binoculars, so that’ll help us.”

Nebel nodded silently in response, gathering his things before they left their room. Once in the lobby, the two took off as if to explore the town, keeping the motel in view so they could keep an eye on where the group was headed.

@Evil Pink One

On 2024-01-19 at 8:12 PM, Evil Pink One said:

Kuya would hurry and prepare to stalk them.

(I'm going to assume this does not include leaving the room)

Their neighbors would waste little time leaving their room, immediately heading south towards New Pegas.

@GeneralDirection

On 2024-01-21 at 3:55 PM, GeneralDirection said:

Once in the lobby, the two took off as if to explore the town, keeping the motel in view so they could keep an eye on where the group was headed.

The other group, which consisted of a unicorn stallion and a pair of gryphons, were headed immediately out of town in the direction that the two of them had come from. That was to say: directly towards New Pegas.

While they weren't traveling especially fast, they would quickly get away if the two of them didn't get a move on soon.

@Props Valroa

By the time she was suited up the remaining spawn had been dealt with.

If Carnelian decided to look at them she would find that, at least physically, they were normal ponies, just with the colors washed out and faded, and their marks blurred beyond recognition. They seemed to have the glowing purple dust deep in their coats, though it would spread just with the wind. It seemed like these spawn could prove to be quite the vector for the powder to be spread if not contained by the troops.

If she did not investigate, or after leaving them, the soldiers would burn the bodies from a distance so as to not come into contact with the powder.

The city stood before her, and it seemed quieter than it had the previous day. maybe if she were stealthy enough she could gather the items without being spotted by the spawn within?

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Evil Pink One

(I'm going to assume this does not include leaving the room)

Their neighbors would waste little time leaving their room, immediately heading south towards New Pegas.

@GeneralDirection

The other group, which consisted of a unicorn stallion and a pair of gryphons, were headed immediately out of town in the direction that the two of them had come from. That was to say: directly towards New Pegas.

While they weren't traveling especially fast, they would quickly get away if the two of them didn't get a move on soon.

@Props Valroa

By the time she was suited up the remaining spawn had been dealt with.

If Carnelian decided to look at them she would find that, at least physically, they were normal ponies, just with the colors washed out and faded, and their marks blurred beyond recognition. They seemed to have the glowing purple dust deep in their coats, though it would spread just with the wind. It seemed like these spawn could prove to be quite the vector for the powder to be spread if not contained by the troops.

If she did not investigate, or after leaving them, the soldiers would burn the bodies from a distance so as to not come into contact with the powder.

The city stood before her, and it seemed quieter than it had the previous day. maybe if she were stealthy enough she could gather the items without being spotted by the spawn within?

" hey oto? Are we gonna get side tracked if we follow them? I mean is it near our original destination?... You think their worth it?" If otho wouldn't say much, he'd probably take the risk and follow them. It seems they have something worth getting.

@Illiad Easle

Nebel looked over a table of wares while Nightfall looked around the town with a disinterested expression. After a few moments, she spotted the group making their way out of Nova.

“Hey!” She whispered to her brother. “They’re making their move, time to go or we’ll lose them.”

He gave a quick nod before leaving the stand with his sister and heading off to follow the group.

“Uhhh, they’re going back the way we came.” Nebel said after quickly consulting his pip-colt. “You sure this is a good idea?”

“Yes, I think this is a lead worth pursuing. We follow them from a distance for a while and see where they’re headed. If it seems like they’re heading to New Pegas then we’ll stop and come back here.”

Nebel nodded slowly, not really thrilled about having to backtrack, but understanding the point his sister was trying to make.

@Illiad Easle

Carnelian would have taken the time to look at the bodies of the spawn. She wanted to get a closer look at them so she knew what she was dealing with. Though she didn't stick around long and would proceed to head into the city, being careful to stay observant of her surroundings. It was time for her to begin gathering up things for the NCR for payment. Oh, how she hated this. She had to start somewhere, though.