Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Howdy!

Dignity

Heyo, I'm Dignity.

Truth be told, I wasn't expecting to ever come back to My Little Pony and its community, but after a late-night YouTube browsing session of listening to decade-old fan music and randomly seeing clips of it, I couldn't resist.

I used to be way more into the show and its community back in 2012-2014, back when I was but a wee kiddo. Of course, I still didn't feel comfortable with people knowing I was into 'girly shows', so I would pretty much abandon it near 2015. I remember looking at this forum constantly for lore questions and other meme posts, even if I didn't ever register an account. I'm 19 now, and looking back, it might be one of the few communities I never had any significant negative experiences with, so I decided "Why not give it another try?".

Most of my exposure to the show came from YouTube clips and speaking to other people. I've never actually watched the show beyond a handful of episodes from Season 1, I'm working on changing that. So far, my favourite mane six pony has to be Twilight Sparkle, but I'm not sure yet.

As for my interests, at this point, it's a lot of cooking and a lot of playing video games, particularly strategy ones. I'm also into programming, although I'm only now getting into the nitty-gritty of it all. I'm also somewhat into anime, but that has sort of died down lately.

Regardless, I'm incredibly glad to see that the community is still alive and kicking nearly a decade later. While I couldn't imagine joining back then, I'm happy I get to do so today. Cheers! :eager:

• Brohoof 6

Hey, welcome aboard! <3 I am so glad you came to join us and I hope you'll make many great, fun memories with us around! I am always happy to see new members :pinkie:

• Brohoof 4

Welcome! I also got back in because of the music, for some reason it's one of those fandoms that had a much bigger output of fan music, and they're all really cool! Hope you enjoy it here and you get to finish the rest of the show, but no rush! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

Welcome back, honestly I wasn't part of the fan club until I wanted to increase the character roster in my stories. I was looking up shows and games i had never seen or played and decided to atleast check out the mlp characters because you can't write a character(s) that you don't understand.

I actually found myself very slowly falling for these characters, especially princess Luna, given her being evil at first, then becoming good and her whole character, backstory, her guilty conscience about her past. She's a conflicted yet caring character who tries to make up for the wrongs of her past all the while still suffers the occasional outbursts. She's a well developed character who does alot of growing and that's why, she herself, has won me over.

• Brohoof 3

On 2023-09-09 at 11:56 AM, Dignity said:

Heyo, I'm Dignity.

Truth be told, I wasn't expecting to ever come back to My Little Pony and its community, but after a late-night YouTube browsing session of listening to decade-old fan music and randomly seeing clips of it, I couldn't resist.

I used to be way more into the show and its community back in 2012-2014, back when I was but a wee kiddo. Of course, I still didn't feel comfortable with people knowing I was into 'girly shows', so I would pretty much abandon it near 2015. I remember looking at this forum constantly for lore questions and other meme posts, even if I didn't ever register an account. I'm 19 now, and looking back, it might be one of the few communities I never had any significant negative experiences with, so I decided "Why not give it another try?".

Most of my exposure to the show came from YouTube clips and speaking to other people. I've never actually watched the show beyond a handful of episodes from Season 1, I'm working on changing that. So far, my favourite mane six pony has to be Twilight Sparkle, but I'm not sure yet.

As for my interests, at this point, it's a lot of cooking and a lot of playing video games, particularly strategy ones. I'm also into programming, although I'm only now getting into the nitty-gritty of it all. I'm also somewhat into anime, but that has sort of died down lately.

Regardless, I'm incredibly glad to see that the community is still alive and kicking nearly a decade later. While I couldn't imagine joining back then, I'm happy I get to do so today. Cheers! :eager:

There's no escape!

Welcome back hehe! 😁 /)

• Brohoof 3

Hello Dignity and welcome to the forums. I hope you like it here.

On 2023-09-09 at 5:56 AM, Dignity said:

As for my interests, at this point, it's a lot of cooking and a lot of playing video games, particularly strategy ones. I'm also into programming, although I'm only now getting into the nitty-gritty of it all.

Cool, I'm also into video games and programming. Which video games in particular? And which programming languages?

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Hello Dignity and welcome to the forums. I hope you like it here.

Cool, I'm also into video games and programming. Which video games in particular? And which programming languages?

As for video-games, as said, I am very much into strategy games, whether they are real-time or turn-based, usually ones with combat (such as the Warhammer series, Age of Empires. Company of Heroes) as well as grand strategy games, such as the ones made by Paradox. Those and any other chaotic co-op games I can get my hands on (PAYDAY 2, Deep Rock Galactic (although I've never bought it) or any other dungeon-crawling MMO you can think of).

As for programming, I'm still relatively basic when it comes to coding. I really only have a beginner's grasp of Python and Java, as well as the Web-Dev trio (HTML, CSS, JS). I'm still exploring them all really, cause I'm not sure what I want to focus/specialize in when I want to start building my skillset for a career. :sealed:

• Brohoof 2