Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony: Classics Reimagined - Valentine's Day Special

Otaku-sempai

Coming out for Valentine's Day 2024: My Little Pony: Classics Reimagined - Valentine's Day Special - Romeo & Juliet Cover A, B, and RI Revealed, Plus Description

5.jpg

Pinkie and Cheese Sandwhich are joining forces for a special Valentines Day comic, with a Romeo and Juliet theme. We've got the description and three separate covers today, each with the two of them being all lovey dovey.

Description: In fair Verpona, where we hang our streamers, two party-planning businesses, both alike in silliness, reignite their ancient rivalry. A pair of star-crossed ponies, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich, fall in love, causing the Capulets and Montagues to start polishing their sparkliest party cannons. It’s up to the pair to help their companies find common ground before Princess Cadance bans them from EVER PARTYING AGAIN!

Thanks to Equestria Daily's Sethisto!

• Brohoof 1
  • Party! 2

Bleeding Cool as posted a preview

Well, it seems like someone thought it was a good idea to push the boundaries of comic adaptations with My Little Pony Classics Reimagined Romeo and Juliet #1, trotting into stores this Wednesday, February 7th. Because, you know, nothing screams "original content" quite like slapping anthropomorphic ponies into classic literature. And by the way, has anyone at IDW considered the irony of reimagining a tragedy with characters whose main existential crisis is running out of glitter?

In fair Verpona, where we hang our streamers, two party-planning businesses, both alike in silliness, reignite their ancient rivalry.

I'm quaking in my boots here, folks! Two party-planning businesses in a tiff? Shakespeare's rolling in his grave so hard, he's about to drill to the center of the Earth. I guess death by dueling banquets was the next logical step after love potions and magical cutie marks. Here's hoping they wear hoof guards—wouldn't want any tragic splinters in this "epic" showdown.

A minor quibble: The description places the story in the ponified city of Verpona; but in the actual story the city is Porona. Not sure if the name was changed or if the blurb just got it wrong! The art is nice, though Jenna Ayoub is far from my favorite pony artist. Her style is very flat and makes me think of a Little Golden Book. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Nightlight1313 said:

Yay, more classics reimagined! I'm curious how they'll handle the ending. Maybe this is what I need to finally read some Shakespeare XD

I think it's a pretty safe bet that the story will have a happier ending than the play! 

• Brohoof 2