Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think Make Your Mark Chapter 6 and with Spike showing up that was the final big G4 connection that G5 will end up doing and the rest will just be small references?

WickedGames

The only way I can see this not being the case is if Discord shows up 

Though unlike Spike I don’t think Discord is a name that is present throughout most MLP generations 

(edited)

Can't come to a conclusion, the only things that I am sure of are:

1-MyM Chapter 6 didn't suggest that Opaline can return, but TyT did.

2-Unlike MyM, TyT never tried to make any reference to G4 (I even have a theory about TyT actually being set in an alternate continuity where the events of ANG and TyT happened differently, but it's a pretty crazy theory so I'll spare you from hearing it.) so far there was only Sunny using a Nightmare Moon costume but that was more of a fanservice-ish easter egg instead, and well, Sunny's bag with the G4 Mane Six cutie marks badges, that's all. I don't think Misty's room counts YET as for now we don't know if it's meant to be a reference to G4 or a multiverse related thing.

3-For now I wouldn't say that they forgot about the dragons, but I can say that they at least aren't showing any interest in using them again, they literally only appeared in a single episode of TyT excluding the recap of Chapter 6,  and going back to number 1, Spike is related to G4 and he doesn't show up in that peaceful episode with the Dragons and strangely enough neither in the Chapter 6 recap episode.

4-The current new characters and villains of the story so far are unrelated to G4.

My guess is that maybe, maybe, maaaaaybeee, they discarded G5 as a sequel to G4, it's still a sequel to it, but not to the G4 we know but an alternate G4 from another universe, and the real G4 is in the Multiverse together with the other generations seen in Misty's Room and in the future they will try to explain this, maybe the dragons can come back together with Spike and then he will see the G4 of the "true universe", I have no idea what they will do with the Auroricorns and Allura, and Opaline, I think she'll come back, I don't think they made her to say that the battle isn't over yet without thinking about a return for her.

Edited by Rafa Stary
Correct text
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

2-Unlike MyM, TyT never tried to make any reference to G4 (I even have a theory about TyT actually being set in an alternate continuity where the events of ANG and TyT happened differently, but it's a pretty crazy theory so I'll spare you from hearing it.) so far there was only Sunny using a Nightmare Moon costume but that was more of a fanservice-ish easter egg instead, and well, Sunny's bag with the G4 Mane Six cutie marks badges, that's all. I don't think Misty's room counts YET as for now we don't know if it's meant to be a reference to G4 or a multiverse related thing.

3-For now I wouldn't say that they forgot about the dragons, but I can say that they at least aren't showing any interest in using them again, they literally only appeared in a single episode of TyT excluding the recap of Chapter 6,  and going back to number 1, Spike is related to G4 and he doesn't show up in that peaceful episode with the Dragons and strangely enough neither in the Chapter 6 recap episode.

4-The current new characters and villains of the story so far are unrelated to G4.

My guess is that maybe, maybe, maaaaaybeee, they discarded G5 as a sequel to G4, it's still a sequel to it, but not to the G4 we know but an alternate G4 from another universe, and the real G4 is in the Multiverse together with the other generations seen in Misty's Room and in the future they will try to explain this, maybe the dragons can come back together with Spike and then he will see the G4 of the "true universe", I have no idea what they will do with the Auroricorns and Allura, and Opaline, I think she'll come back, I don't think they made her to say that the battle isn't over yet without thinking about a return for her.

Well I will never forget that this was the last time we saw Opaline in TYT lol 

IMG_4283.jpeg

• Shocked 1

(edited)
20 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Seriously though I’ve seen a few people share your theory 

Edited by WickedGames

22 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I’m sure the inconsistencies between MYM and TYT is due to being sourced to different writers and animators, A DIFFERENT COUNTRY EVEN; so inconsistencies are more likely. And a smaller scale show like TYT is bound to be less concerned with little details like that. I mean, it’s a hard job being up to date to constant changes with one show already, imagine two

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hhhhuuu Gross, poor Opaline...

1 hour ago, WickedGames said:

Seriously though I’ve seen a few people share your theory 

It's not the same actually, the reason people say that G5 is a sequel to a different version of G4 are more because they don't like G5 as a sequel to that generation or because they think it doesn't make sense due to the incosistences, for now in my opinion this theory is just made to give a in-universe explanation for the incosistences, but in reality the incosistences obviously exist because well, G5 as any other sequel to a series have continuity erros and incoherences, how many of them there will be depends on how competent the people behind the sequel are or how much they know about the material from the previous series. They using the multiverse to give a official in-universe explanation for these incosistences is a possibility but I would only use it in case the multiverse theory proves itself to be true, and it's still too early to think about it at least for me.

27 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m sure the inconsistencies between MYM and TYT is due to being sourced to different writers and animators, A DIFFERENT COUNTRY EVEN; so inconsistencies are more likely. And a smaller scale show like TYT is bound to be less concerned with little details like that. I mean, it’s a hard job being up to date to constant changes with one show already, imagine two

You're not sure about it, that is the actual reality, continuity mistakes and consistentes due to a lack of communication doesn't only happen to MLP but also to many other series, even for those who manage to have a better organization (take DBZ as a example, the anime and the movies are meant to be canon to each other, but there are countless incosistences between them)

different continuity was just me having fun trying to give a in-universe explanation for them :v

Edited by Rafa Stary
Add extra info
  • Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

It's not the same actually, the reason people say that G5 is a sequel to a different version of G4 are more because they don't like G5 as a sequel to that generation or because they think it doesn't make sense due to the incosistences, for now in my opinion this theory is just made to give a in-universe explanation for the incosistences, but in reality the incosistences obviously exist because well, G5 as any other sequel to a series have continuity erros and incoherences, how many of them there will be depends on how competent the people behind the sequel are or how much they know about the material from the previous series. They using the multiverse to give a official in-universe explanation for these incosistences is a possibility but I would only use it in case the multiverse theory proves itself to be true, and it's still too early to think about it at least for me.

You're not sure about it, that is the actual reality, continuity mistakes and consistentes due to a lack of communication doesn't only happen to MLP but also to many other series, even for those who manage to have a better organization (take DBZ as a example, the anime and the movies are meant to be canon to each other, but there are countless incosistences between them)

different continuity was just me having fun trying to give a in-universe explanation for them :v

Oh, ok. Yeah, it’s seen people repeating over and over this is an alt universe because the idea of G5 being a sequel is so repulsive to them, basically :scoots:. Regardless, it’s possible they’ll keep references at a minimum even if they get G4 rights back next year, BUT, there’s definitely an encounter with nerd poneh in the future :squee:

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

I do believe we will return to that room Misty was in later on in Tell Your Tale 

9 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Oh, ok. Yeah, it’s seen people repeating over and over this is an alt universe because the idea of G5 being a sequel is so repulsive to them, basically :scoots:. Regardless, it’s possible they’ll keep references at a minimum even if they get G4 rights back next year, BUT, there’s definitely an encounter with nerd poneh in the future :squee:

If I honestly told you how I feel about what you just said

I would probably be kicked off this site!

18 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

I do believe we will return to that room Misty was in later on in Tell Your Tale

Check out what I wrote in your other post to see a theory about the end of G5 maybe approaching

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I really don't know. I hope not though. Would love to see Twilight again. I mean she probably is still alive; Alicorns live for thousands of years and it's only been few hundred, so...who knows. Sadly everypony else from G4 besides Twilight and Flurry Heart and Cadence are probably all gone.

(edited)
49 minutes ago, Princess Sunny said:

To be honest I really don't know. I hope not though. Would love to see Twilight again. I mean she probably is still alive; Alicorns live for thousands of years and it's only been few hundred, so...who knows. Sadly everypony else from G4 besides Twilight and Flurry Heart and Cadence are probably all gone.

I don’t know who you bring in Flurry Heart 

They shouldn’t do it in respect of Shining Armor 

They shouldn’t bring back Twilight in respect of the rest of the Mane 6 and Starlight

Edited by WickedGames

1 hour ago, WickedGames said:

I don’t know who you bring in Flurry Heart 

They shouldn’t do it in respect of Shining Armor 

They shouldn’t bring back Twilight in respect of the rest of the Mane 6 and Starlight

Haven't they already brought Twilight back?  If you mean in person this time, they will inevitably do it eventually, it will be with her returning normally or through the possible multiverse, there is nowhere to run, you can already make a grave for your feelings, sorry fella.

12 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

Haven't they already brought Twilight back?  If you mean in person this time, they will inevitably do it eventually, it will be with her returning normally or through the possible multiverse, there is nowhere to run, you can already make a grave for your feelings, sorry fella.

1.Hopefully it’s through the multiverse and I believe the fanbase will have a less hard time accepting that

2.I guess it wouldn’t be like bring back Flurry Heart right? I hate to see how the fanbase would react to that!

18 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

1.Hopefully it’s through the multiverse and I believe the fanbase will have a less hard time accepting that

2.I guess it wouldn’t be like bring back Flurry Heart right? I hate to see how the fanbase would react to that!

They don't care about what the fans think, they'll do what they believe will work, Jurassic World 3 brought back characters from the original trilogy and was highly criticized, but the film was a huge success.

Probably a large part of the fanbase disliked that the ANG movie was connected to G4, yet they brought back Twilight as a hologram and made more references to G4 in MyM, that is called show business.

9 minutes ago, Rafa Stary said:

They don't care about what the fans think, they'll do what they believe will work, Jurassic World 3 brought back characters from the original trilogy and was highly criticized, but the film was a huge success.

Probably a large part of the fanbase disliked that the ANG movie was connected to G4, yet they brought back Twilight as a hologram and made more references to G4 in MyM, that is called show business.

Well with all these G1 references they are going back to bring back some of the G1 villains and ponies then

2 hours ago, WickedGames said:

Well with all these G1 references they are going back to bring back some of the G1 villains and ponies then

The Dreamlands singing band are a huge shoutout to G1, and Grogar’s henchmen were adapted as antagonists in that special

• 2 weeks later...

I would prefer they not do any G4 connections to G5. How they've handled it so far is abysmal in my opinion. Should have never had any connections at all to G4

• Brohoof 1

I personally don't care about the connections, they aren't bad nor good in my opinion, they don't affect the show for me and much less affected or ruined the legacy of G4 for me (as I saw some complaining...)

If they do more connections but this time by using the Multiverse I'll not hate it or anything, I previously talked about this in a way that made me seem like I'm against this idea, but I'm actually not, it's just that I'm tired of how this concept is being used relentlessly in most of the recent entertainment productions, and the concept itself I think it's very cheap, the G4 connections don't annoy me so they don't make a difference, I liked G5's originality (except its world, for me that surely only exists) if I keep following G5 it's because there are things in it that I consider interesting, if they use the multiverse in a way that's interesting I'll probably check it out.

I think I can now give a actual answer and it's a "no", I think the most recent TyT episode maybe has a hint on it...

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I personally don't care about the connections, they aren't bad nor good in my opinion, they don't affect the show for me and much less affected or ruined the legacy of G4 for me (as I saw some complaining...)

If they do more connections but this time by using the Multiverse I'll not hate it or anything, I previously talked about this in a way that made me seem like I'm against this idea, but I'm actually not, it's just that I'm tired of how this concept is being used relentlessly in most of the recent entertainment productions, and the concept itself I think it's very cheap, the G4 connections don't annoy me so they don't make a difference, I liked G5's originality (except its world, for me that surely only exists) if I keep following G5 it's because there are things in it that I consider interesting, if they use the multiverse in a way that's interesting I'll probably check it out.

I think I can now give a actual answer and it's a "no", I think the most recent TyT episode maybe has a hint on it...

A actual answer to what though?

2 hours ago, WickedGames said:

A actual answer to what though?

Your topic's question, forgot to specify, maybe "The Lone Alicorn" hinted at something, specially that image of skyros.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

Your topic's question, forgot to specify, maybe "The Lone Alicorn" hinted at something, specially that image of skyros.

What do you expect what will get for the G4 alicorns when they visit Skyros?

Edited by WickedGames

4 hours ago, WickedGames said:

What do you expect what will get for the G4 alicorns when they visit Skyros?

I'm not sure how I exactly I'm meant to interpret that question, but well

Skyros is one place I think Twilight, Cadance, Flurry Heart, Celestia and Luna (for me the latter two are very likely still alive) may have taken refuge after the incident that happened in between The end of FiM and A New Generation, I mean, if all locations from G4 are supposedly gone in G5, where else can they go? Anywhere actually, but since Skyros is so far the only other place suggested to exist in G5 that hasn't been visited yet (if I'm not mistaken), then it is one with the greatest potential to have been the destination of the Alicorn princesses

Also, if Opaline survived, I also think she maybe went to Skyros, and if all the princesses are there, then I don't know what will happen, for me it's possible that Skyros will be chosen to be the setting for G5's final story, but these are all crazy theories, but it's at least a fact that they're making a real mystery involving this place, for me anything is possible, I think Skyros could even be some kind of a portal to the multiverse, 

@Rafa Stary

I'm not really a big fan of Skyros as an idea at all, both because they connect G5 to G4 with something that was never mentioned in G4 at all - as well as the fact that there being a city of alicorns seems to take away from the agency of Alicorns - as a rare, and God-like species. 

12 minutes ago, Props Valroa said:

@Rafa Stary

I'm not really a big fan of Skyros as an idea at all, both because they connect G5 to G4 with something that was never mentioned in G4 at all - as well as the fact that there being a city of alicorns seems to take away from the agency of Alicorns - as a rare, and God-like species. 

I never read the journal of the two sisters, but I keep seeing from time to time people saying that Skyros actually originated from this book or something like this, and that this book was originally canon to G4, and that G5 only gave a name to the place, if it's true then well there is a connection with something mentioned in G4, but well it's only in this book I guess, maybe you're referring to the TV show.