I remember a writer at Evertree Northwest said that there was plans to use other alicorns in G5 BUT

WickedGames

(edited)

I remember a writer at Evertree Northwest said that there was plans to use other alicorns in G5 but I guess they mean that we will see a bunch of new G5 related alicorns in Skyros that have been there all this time

Because of the Discovery Family licensing issues unless we are dealing with Twilight Sparkle

Edited by WickedGames

4 hours ago, WickedGames said:

I remember a writer at Evertree Northwest said that there was plans to use other alicorns in G5 but I guess they mean that we will see a bunch of new G5 related alicorns in Skyros that have been there all this time

Because of the Discovery Family licensing issues unless we are dealing with Twilight Sparkle

It’s an alicorn town, so of course we’ll alicorns. And judging by a new scene in MLP’s official Spotify, soon.

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

(edited)
1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

It’s an alicorn town, so of course we’ll alicorns. And judging by a new scene in MLP’s official Spotify, soon.

I just realized that because Twilight is the name of the G1 pony she is the only alicorn that Hasbro can use for G5 without most issues 

The rest are heavily licensed still by Discovery Family and their references have to be very brief and vague 

If Discovery Family didn’t have such a stronghold on FiM still then I am sure there would be a lot more references to Luna and Celestia 

Edited by WickedGames

10 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

If Discovery Family didn’t have such a stronghold on FiM still then I am sure there would be a lot more references to Luna and Celestia 

It's too bad that Discovery is limiting G5's ability to reference G4! They could do so much worldbuilding :(

MySignature_zpse6929ef3.png

Signature made by- Kyoshi

Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense? -Discord

I'm So Excited! I'M SO EXCITED! I'm so scared. -Rarity & Spike

14 minutes ago, TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos said:

It's too bad that Discovery is limiting G5's ability to reference G4! They could do so much worldbuilding :(

Unfortunate but it’s the truth 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

Unfortunate but it’s the truth 

Their hold on G4 horses is ending next year, so that may change :squee:

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

10 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Unfortunately this is looking this will be the end of the alicorn saga for G5 

49 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Maybe they'll start something new that still takes place during G5 but includes a lot more overlap! Like maybe more hints of how we got from the end of G4 to the events of the movie! I haven't watched any of G5 except the movie yet so I'm not sure if they've discussed any of that or not! :scoots: I need to catch up lol

1 hour ago, TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos said:

Maybe they'll start something new that still takes place during G5 but includes a lot more overlap! Like maybe more hints of how we got from the end of G4 to the events of the movie! I haven't watched any of G5 except the movie yet so I'm not sure if they've discussed any of that or not! :scoots: I need to catch up lol

Corporations don’t watch us to have fun!

2 minutes ago, WickedGames said:

Corporations don’t watch us to have fun!

A little confused by what you mean! Did you mean "don't want us to have fun?" They really don't! :yeahno: I'm glad at least that their stranglehold on G4 seems to be ending next year :) I don't know much about the state of the copyright on MLP right now, but hopefully it will improve over time!