Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Talking cutie marks and ponykind

AstralSmoke

Few things I want to think of and talk about.

In the comics there's a moment the cmc before they get their marks encounter adult ponies without cutie marks making it possible to not have one as an adult.

In the show there's the Saddle Arabia ponies/horses? They don't have cutie marks. 

There's what's considered separate from ponies and horses zebra,mules, and donkeys. Celestia considers Zecora's mark a cutie mark but it's not actually said by her that it is something she got or was born with. 

Sea ponies exist, when turned twi and the game have marks (explainable) but the original sea ponies don't have any. 

Discord can change into a pony with a cutie mark.

But when asking a question for cutie marks," is it possible to not have a cutie mark as a pony?"  

The answer is no it's not possible

Is the existence of show cannon ponies without cutie marks just not as important? Or are they just not considered accountable due to them not growing up in equestia?

I know as of the comics they're their own story unless something from them was brought up in the show so I'm not going to touch on that.

G5 has yet to show any of us about zebras, Saddle Arabia ponies, ect. 

(I was looking deeper into things as I do because I have friends getting into g4 because of g5 and they want to make ocs so me knowing g4 stuff I had to ask what does this mean for those ponies that I do know about what is possibly more tue?)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The most Zebra lore we've gotten has come from IDW's Friendship is Magic: Season 10 comics. The Zebra of Farasi seem to have cutie Marks but not natural magic of their own. Zecora, however, learned to utilize magic through the study of alchemy and potion making. The G5 comics have introduced a community of Zebra in "New" Equestria but we've only met two of them so far, and they haven't appeared (yet) in Tell Your Tale. That said, Mariama and her daughter Skye do have cutie Marks! 

zebras_appear.png

Edited by Otaku-sempai
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Otaku-sempai said:

The most Zebra lore we've gotten has come from IDW's Friendship is Magic: Season 10 comics. The Zebra of Farasi seem to have cutie Marks but not natural magic of their own. Zecora, however, learned to utilize magic through the study of alchemy and potion making. The G5 comics have introduced a community of Zebra in "New" Equestria but we've only met two of them so far, and they haven't appeared (yet) in Tell Your Tale. That said, Mariama and her daughter Skye do have cutie Marks! 

zebras_appear.png

Thanks for the information I'll check it out 

• Brohoof 1

I think in theory it is possible (albeit unlikely) for adult ponies to not have a cutie mark, if they just never were able to figure it out. The seaponies thing makes sense considering the other seaponies weren't actual ponies, they were hippogriffs which don't have cutie marks. I'm not sure what's up with the Saddle Arabia ponies, though. They are indeed ponies, even if their body types are a bit different. Though in their position, not finding their cutie mark seems unlikely so I think maybe they just got forgotten about >-<

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, Nightlight1313 said:

I think in theory it is possible (albeit unlikely) for adult ponies to not have a cutie mark, if they just never were able to figure it out. The seaponies thing makes sense considering the other seaponies weren't actual ponies, they were hippogriffs which don't have cutie marks. I'm not sure what's up with the Saddle Arabia ponies, though. They are indeed ponies, even if their body types are a bit different. Though in their position, not finding their cutie mark seems unlikely so I think maybe they just got forgotten about >-<

In even the comics they have no cutie marks so that's what makes me wonder 

• Brohoof 2