Rainbow Dash

I'm an old school libertarian by nature. So, I am almost always for the individual's right to express and love themselves for who they are.  

So, in other words I don't even care labels at this point I only care if the right of the person interferes with the rights of another or not.

If it does NOT interfere then I am supportive 100%.

That the person also happens to be LGBT, or straight,  or white, or black,  or a dolphin, or a werewolf,  or a unicorn, disabled  etc etc is secondary to me.

• Brohoof 2

pegasus trial.jpg

Twas a complicated journey for me, but one that I look back on now and it all makes sense in the end. Originally, I thought I was hetero, simply because that's what was seen as ""normal"" in my mind, which is funny because my mind is anything but normal. I was never good at socializing in school or elsewhere, so nothing ever came up in terms of interests. In high school, I finally tried to have a relationship. Was to a girl, and we ""dated"" on an off. Reason for it being on and off was because we never could really connect. At all. Always wondered why at the time. Then a few years later, I joined this fandom, and I realized within a fairly short time frame that I am gay. It explains perfectly why me and the first pathetic attempt at a relationship resulted in me feeling nothing, because there was no real attraction from me, just me forcing myself to conform to what others thought I was. Was dumb, but not very unique. 

Now I am happier due to accepting who I am and because of my wonderful boyfriend @NothingIsEverything, who I met on this very site. :BrightMacContent: Funny thing, apparently my brother and some other people knew from a mile away that I was gay, apparently they knew for years. As in, they knew me better than I knew me at that time. :P Also explains why I had ""weird"" feelings for certain characters when I was younger, Zidane Tribal being one of my earliest video game crushes. 

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 2

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

33 minutes ago, Kyoshi Frost Wolf said:

Twas a complicated journey for me, but one that I look back on now and it all makes sense in the end. Originally, I thought I was hetero, simply because that's what was seen as ""normal"" in my mind, which is funny because my mind is anything but normal. I was never good at socializing in school or elsewhere, so nothing ever came up in terms of interests. In high school, I finally tried to have a relationship. Was to a girl, and we ""dated"" on an off. Reason for it being on and off was because we never could really connect. At all. Always wondered why at the time. Then a few years later, I joined this fandom, and I realized within a fairly short time frame that I am gay. It explains perfectly why me and the first pathetic attempt at a relationship resulted in me feeling nothing, because there was no real attraction from me, just me forcing myself to conform to what others thought I was. Was dumb, but not very unique. 

Now I am happier due to accepting who I am and because of my wonderful boyfriend @NothingIsEverything, who I met on this very site. :BrightMacContent: Funny thing, apparently my brother and some other people knew from a mile away that I was gay, apparently they knew for years. As in, they knew me better than I knew me at that time. :P Also explains why I had ""weird"" feelings for certain characters when I was younger, Zidane Tribal being one of my earliest video game crushes. 

Do you mean this forum helped you or do you mean more the show itself?

• Brohoof 2

pegasus trial.jpg

1 hour ago, Reiki Knight 13 said:

Do you mean this forum helped you or do you mean more the show itself?

Both, it's interesting in how it worked. Me joining the fandom, officially declaring myself a Brony at that time regardless of public perception, that helped me in a lot of ways. It helped me realize and accept my sexuality, as well as some other aspects of who I am.

• Brohoof 3

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

18 minutes ago, Kyoshi Frost Wolf said:

Both, it's interesting in how it worked. Me joining the fandom, officially declaring myself a Brony at that time regardless of public perception, that helped me in a lot of ways. It helped me realize and accept my sexuality, as well as some other aspects of who I am.

I am sure a lot can relate to that in having the community and or show helping them better discover themselves.

• Brohoof 2

pegasus trial.jpg

I thought I responded here yesterday after my latest blog post regarding Pride month, but I just wanted to say that it's always wonderful hearing stories from other members of the community. Everyone has a unique story in how they found out about themselves over time or have supported the community as an ally and much more. It's simply heartwarming.

My original blog post was way too long to copy and paste here, but to make a long story short- it was an accumulation of time over the years where I realized that I was bisexual in regards to my sexuality. Especially since I was in an environment that was more traditional and conservative despite living in California where it's more liberal. On top of that, over the past few years I realized that I felt closer to the term non-binary in regards to gender.

It took me a long time to acknowledge and understand a lot of the feelings that I have had over the years, but little by little I am learning more about myself and proud of who I am.

It makes me glad knowing that others here had similar stories and feel the same. Our community has made much great progress  so far in the face of adversity. I'm sure that there will be more obstacles along the way of our journeys, but I am confident that we will conquer all those obstacles that come our way as love conquers all. 

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

Oh my gosh, it's July 1st, and I realized I still haven't written my reply here. For me, there hasn't really been a specific moment that made me realize I'm bi or made me question if I'm cis or non-binary, but rather it has happened gradually over time. 

I'l edit this post later when I have a better idea of how to elaborate. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 3

twilight_sig_20_by_kyoshithebrony_dc1aw1e.png

11 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Oh my gosh, it's July 1st, and I realized I still haven't written my reply here. For me, there hasn't really been a specific moment that made me realize I'm bi or made me question if I'm cis or non-binary, but rather it has happened gradually over time. 

I'l edit this post later when I have a better idea of how to elaborate. 

Take your time. I don't think any of us are going anywhere.

• Brohoof 1

pegasus trial.jpg

Okay, so here's my longer answer. So I'm Bi. This realization was kind of gradual but wasn't really noteworthy. After experiencing romantic attraction to both genders several times, I just accepted it. I even had some bi friends in high school and university. 

However, more recently, I started to notice that I didn't exactly feel cisgender. For the longest time, I denied it, and I remained my gender assigned at birth around those I knew in person. I just thought I didn't fit the stereotypes of my gender assigned at birth. However, the signs were there. For one, how I preferred not to say my gender online. And even as I type this, I'm wondering how this would affect how others see me here on the forums. There were things here and there that didn't seem like much on their own. However, taken together, identifying as non-binary explains a lot of what I feel. 

On 2024-07-01 at 10:48 PM, Starlight Serenade said:

I thought I responded here yesterday after my latest blog post regarding Pride month, but I just wanted to say that it's always wonderful hearing stories from other members of the community. Everyone has a unique story in how they found out about themselves over time or have supported the community as an ally and much more. It's simply heartwarming.

My original blog post was way too long to copy and paste here, but to make a long story short- it was an accumulation of time over the years where I realized that I was bisexual in regards to my sexuality. Especially since I was in an environment that was more traditional and conservative despite living in California where it's more liberal. On top of that, over the past few years I realized that I felt closer to the term non-binary in regards to gender.

It took me a long time to acknowledge and understand a lot of the feelings that I have had over the years, but little by little I am learning more about myself and proud of who I am.

It makes me glad knowing that others here had similar stories and feel the same. Our community has made much great progress  so far in the face of adversity. I'm sure that there will be more obstacles along the way of our journeys, but I am confident that we will conquer all those obstacles that come our way as love conquers all. 

It sounds like we share similarities in being bi and non-binary. And reading over your blog, I definitely feel like I share similar feelings. Hopefully we can learn more about ourselves and each other together.

• Hugs 2

twilight_sig_20_by_kyoshithebrony_dc1aw1e.png

11 minutes ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

Okay, so here's my longer answer. So I'm Bi. This realization was kind of gradual but wasn't really noteworthy. After experiencing romantic attraction to both genders several times, I just accepted it. I even had some bi friends in high school and university. 

However, more recently, I started to notice that I didn't exactly feel cisgender. For the longest time, I denied it, and I remained my gender assigned at birth around those I knew in person. I just thought I didn't fit the stereotypes of my gender assigned at birth. However, the signs were there. For one, how I preferred not to say my gender online. And even as I type this, I'm wondering how this would affect how others see me here on the forums. There were things here and there that didn't seem like much on their own. However, taken together, identifying as non-binary explains a lot of what I feel. 

It sounds like we share similarities in being bi and non-binary. And reading over your blog, I definitely feel like I share similar feelings. Hopefully we can learn more about ourselves and each other together.

Thank you for sharing your feelings and experiences with such openness. It’s a brave step to acknowledge and embrace your identity, especially in a space where you’re still gauging how others might perceive you. Your journey of self-discovery is unique and deeply personal, and it’s okay to take your time to understand and express who you are.

I'm glad that you’ve found and share the same similarities in your journey of being bi and non-binary in my blog. I know it wasn't easy as part of myself denied certain feelings too. I didn't feel like I fit into society's perceptions of what males and females "should" be. I was nervous about stating my gender anywhere online as well. I've told several people IRL that I was bi before and they were pretty accepting about it, but I am still in self-discovery when it comes to non-binary as I just recently realize and accepted it. I wondered about what others would think of me here as well. Almost everyone here was very accepting of it and I had only two people that were ignorant about it. Remember, everyone's individual path to self-acceptance is different, and it’s perfectly fine to explore your identity at your own pace.

As you continue to navigate your feelings and how you choose to present yourself, both online and offline, know that it’s your comfort and well-being that matter most. It’s important to surround yourself with supportive people who respect your identity and personal journey. Hopefully, the forums can be a place where you feel safe and encouraged to express yourself and learn more about who you are, alongside others who are on similar paths. You’re not alone, and it’s through sharing and connecting that we can all grow together. If you ever want to talk about anything, my door is always open :D

• The topic was unpinned