If this is true the worst news has come and that Tell Your Tale and possibly G5 have been cancelled

WickedGames

7 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Bahia Watson (Misty's VA) got booed at a convention.

From what I heard it was less booing directly at her, and more booing about G5 related stuff while she happened to be in the room. Still pretty terrible though...

Also, the Doc Anubis video makes it pretty darn likely TYT is coming to a close. It's a big shame that it won't get an ending. Gives me bad flashbacks to poor Sunset Shimmer's storyline...

• Brohoof 4
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CastletonSnob said:

Bahia Watson (Misty's VA) got booed at a convention.

Yeah that was just disgraceful even if it wasn’t directed entirely at her. I guess it happened a month ago at Czequestria. Some parts of the fandom are just the worst, it makes me sad.

49 minutes ago, Starset Twinkle said:

Gives me bad flashbacks to poor Sunset Shimmer's storyline...

For real. Equestria Girls was done so dirty by Hasbro as well. Feels like we were lucky that G4 got a real, proper ending and wasn’t just ditched by Hasbro as soon as the toys weren’t profiting enough.

• Brohoof 5
  • Hugs 1

1688011602589297.png.895617a26d9ad95396f01be743553b79.png

49 minutes ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Yeah that was just disgraceful even if it wasn’t directed entirely at her. I guess it happened a month ago at Czequestria. Some parts of the fandom are just the worst, it makes me sad.

For real. Equestria Girls was done so dirty by Hasbro as well. Feels like we were lucky that G4 got a real, proper ending and wasn’t just ditched by Hasbro as soon as the toys weren’t profiting enough.

I'm still hoping that IDW might do something with the story outline that would have introduced Human Sunset, though it's seeming less and less likely. 

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

9 hours ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

I agree, it's a real shame that Equestria Girls never had a proper ending, that was due to Hasbro insisting that the production of its cartoons ended at the same time as FIM from what I heard. If by some miracle they decide to bring it back (maybe in 2028 for its 15th anniversary), I hope they consider making another movie.

As for G5 ending, I'm shocked that it's ending this abruptly to the point where it's now the second shortest-lived MLP generation (with G2 being the shortest-lived). I certainly wasn't expecting it to end this way.

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

Honestly hoped the rumor wasn't true, but after Make Your Mark ended, it looked possible.

Even so, TYT (and G5) being canceled absolutely sucks. The season and series more than deserved some level of closure, but it looks like G5 won't get that.

:(

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 2

"Talent is a pursued interest." — Bob Ross

Pro-Brony articles: 1/2/3/4

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Honestly hoped the rumor wasn't true, but after Make Your Mark ended, it looked possible.

Even so, TYT (and G5) being canceled absolutely sucks. The season and series more than deserved some level of closure, but it looks like G5 won't get that.

:(

I know you weren't a fan of Equestria Girls but Gen 5 ending in a similar way without a full ending to everything makes me feel

very sad since I love both Gen 5 + EQG's characters so much. :sunny:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

IMG_0073.jpeg.23b4b3ca0c687c68e46b517e4fdbe26a.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I know you weren't a fan of Equestria Girls but Gen 5 ending in a similar way without a full ending to everything makes me feel

very sad since I love both Gen 5 + EQG's characters so much. :sunny:

Yeah. Despite having no attachment to EQG, it absolutely deserved closure. Instead, everything was just…left hanging. No conclusion. No nothing.

I haven't kept up with TYT for a while now, but from the looks of it, it found its stride. Each of the Neo-Mane 6 are real good in their own ways, especially with Make Your Mark bringing Misty into the group.

The Neo-Mane 6 — at the least — deserved to have their arcs concluded.

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

Moments ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Yeah. Despite having no attachment to EQG, it absolutely deserved closure. Instead, everything was just…left hanging. No conclusion. No nothing.

I haven't kept up with TYT for a while now, but from the looks of it, it found its stride. Each of the Neo-Mane 6 are real good in their own ways, especially with Make Your Mark bringing Misty into the group.

The Neo-Mane 6 — at the least — deserved to have their arcs concluded.

Honestly, my only hope at this point is that whatever Gen 5 ends on feels like an ending to one part instead of the beginning to another. >_>

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Honestly, my only hope at this point is that whatever Gen 5 ends on feels like an ending to one part instead of the beginning to another. >_>

Right now, I feel the same.

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Right now, I feel the same.

I feel like "we" (Fans of FiM or whatever the real issue was.) didn't give Gen 5 enough of a chance and Gen 5 failed as a result of that. 

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

I feel like I've just discovered G5 and now it's ending? C'mon! Give me a second....

Spoiler

My Little Pony Trixie Crying, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image -  PNGitem

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I feel like "we" (Fans of FiM or whatever the real issue was.) didn't give Gen 5 enough of a chance and Gen 5 failed as a result of that. 

I totally agree! G4 was far from being perfect. Yet, the fans didn't care and just rolled with it. 

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 3

mlp-mlp-item-628x5402.webp New friends (you)

On 2024-09-21 at 10:29 PM, Misty Shadow said:

I would've been totally fine with them just finishing TYT S2 and moving on with a G6. MLP's popularity has been declining since 2016, Hasbro's finances aren't too good, the economy's nonexistent right now, and the standard lifespan of the generation of a toy line is only a few years. G5 ending in 2025 in favor of them moving on to something new, I would've completely understood, but what all this stuff coming out is pointing to, TYT S2 being canceled in favor of nothing, is ABSOLUTE NONSENSE:Posey-grimace:

But the good news is, Hasbro can still turn things around on re-releases of G4 content before they do announce a G6 or possibly a new G5 series.

• Brohoof 4

Well, yeah guys, I guess it was true after all, at least everything is leading to this being completely real, sorry for giving you false hopes, i really thought it was fake, as It seemed to be for me at the beginning, but now I doubt it is, I was hoping it wasn't true, there are people who enjoy it and I really thought it wouldn't end so soon, I expected at least one more half year for it.

know I don't like the show, but regardless of what I feel about it, I 100% agree that this shouldn't be cancelled, even if I don't care about it, I really, really dislike the act of not finishing a story, I can try to have understand your feelings by imagining if this happened to a series that I really like, not telling the story in full is terrible, specially for a show like this, I already told here multiple times, TyT is super cheap to be made, the entire Season 1 was done in less than a year, the last episodes of that Season were finalized months before Chapters 5 and 6 of Make Your Mark were done, with Season 2 definitely wasn't different, if a leak from March showed us development for Episodes 24-35, then the show was already cancelled back in 2023 (again, all of the episodes we got so far were made in 2023), this is very unfortunate, you guys (and me too, just a few months ago) were all discussing the show and complaining about the bi-weekly schedule, thinking that it made no sense for the change, when after all, behind the scenes, the show was already cancelled, it's kinda scary for me actually to see that I already suspected months ago that this could be happening, that the show wasn't in production anymore, well, sorry for that :/

Now, in this part of my post, I'll just try to cover something I said before that could suggest that TyT is not going to end in the next 2 episodes, if you're not interested, please jump straight to the end, I have a important question there.

For those who are wondering "but what about the playlist with the 11 remaining episodes you showed before? Are 9 of these episodes going to be remain private forever?" Well, I guess those weren't 11 privated unreleased episodes after all, I decided to review it, and actually, the official Season 2 Playlist does shows us that episode 23 is indeed going to be final episode. I'll show it, the episodes in the playlist are out of order, and some videos are missing, so I decided to make my own playlist, with every single upload of the episodes + 11 privated videos, in the most possibly correct order, so I'll explain it

- The playlist has 11 private videos, some of them are in between released episodes, others are in the end of the playlist.

- There are actually two uploads of each episode, one upload in the Tell your Tale channel, and one upload in the MLP official channel.

- The Special is probably exclusive to the Tell your Tale channel, it's not considered for MLP official.

- While the playlist contains all the episodes uploaded in the TyT channel, only a few episodes uploaded in the MLP official channel are included, so I decided to include the remaining reuploads from MLP official in the playlist.

- However, for some reason, not every released episode was reuploaded in the MLP official channel, or actually, they remained private, the missing/private reuploads are of these episodes: 9, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20 and 21.

- That means 7 of the 11 private videos are just reuploads of the episodes we already got, reuploads meant for the MLP official channel that remain private for some reason, that leaves us with 4 remaining privated videos.

- The remaining episodes to be released according to the information are 22 and 23, two episodes.

- Then 2 of the 4 private videos have to be Episodes 22 and 23, that leaves us with 2 privated videos, which episodes could them be? Exactly, reuploads of Episodes 22 and 23.

And then, that leaves us with 0 private videos, in summary, the 11 private videos in the playlist are simply Episodes 22 and 23 + the reuploads of these two last episodes + the reuploads of the episodes that are missing in the MLP official channel.

Here are images that I made to exemplify it:

1268SemTtulo_20240921224657.thumb.jpg.a30e304f09d3637d70dda594d77520bd.jpg 1268SemTtulo_20240921224701.thumb.jpg.47674d58cdad707fdeab0a6b417b7a79.jpg 1268SemTtulo_20240921224708.thumb.jpg.b42bc18b456c5c84a0f4a25f231145a6.jpg 1268SemTtulo_20240921224729.thumb.jpg.63faae66dc5d9ec9265b6ff24b13707b.jpg 1268SemTtulo_20240921224734.thumb.jpg.6069d14349bd009318d793878e75dd50.jpg 

1268SemTtulo_20240921224841.thumb.jpg.6d78c3301473e43a2aa8e291b9bf39f7.jpg 

I believe that this was the last nail in the coffin, for me after this now there are no doubts that it's indeed real.

But now, just a question, while I'm convinced that Tell your Tale was indeed cancelled and that it's going to end in October, what about G5 as a whole? It was really cancelled too? From everything I saw here, there is information regarding only the end for Tell your Tale, but not for G5, the leaked information and the "official" announcement only say that TyT is ending and that's it, I don't see "ending of G5" anywhere in these texts, I just saw fans talking about it, can someone confirm that for me? Thanks ~☆

• Brohoof 5

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

9 hours ago, Finding_Marty said:

I feel like I've just discovered G5 and now it's ending? C'mon! Give me a second....

Reveal hidden contents

My Little Pony Trixie Crying, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image -  PNGitem

I totally agree! G4 was far from being perfect. Yet, the fans didn't care and just rolled with it. 

Maybe the younger fans didn't like Gen 5 much because they preferred FiM since Discovery Family shows/showed(?) reruns all the time.

It's kinda difficult to get into a new generation of MLP when the older most popular version keeps drawing your attention. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 2

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Maybe the younger fans didn't like Gen 5 much because they preferred FiM since Discovery Family shows/showed(?) reruns all the time.

It's kinda difficult to get into a new generation of MLP when the older most popular version keeps drawing your attention. 

And this draws back to something I said in 2023 too, I think it was really bad idea to forget the G4 characters and world and just jump into something completely new, fans and kids lived with those characters throughout a entire decade, they grew up attached to them, a lot of people just don't want to move on and follow whole new characters and different setting, specially when these new characters and world aren't much appreciated, it's some kind of denialism, making G5 as a sequel to G4 obviously wouldn't work, it's something very sentimental, and making your target audience have more interest in G4 just makes it worse for G5, getting rid of what your fandom love is very risky, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and when it fails, it can be a disaster.

I'm not saying that making G5 with Twilight and her friends and everything we saw in G4 again would've made the franchise go back to its glory days, no, it's not that easy, but that the situation wouldn't be that bad, the fandom wouldn't be so split.

Or not, I don't know, maybe people in general just think that My Little Pony already showed what it had to offer, the franchise can't surprise anymore, 2010-2014 were special years, both for the franchise and the market.

• Brohoof 4

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

1 minute ago, Rafa Stary said:

And this draws back to something I said in 2023 too, I think it was really bad idea to forget the G4 characters and world and just jump into something completely new, fans and kids lived with those characters throughout a entire decade, they grew up attached to them, a lot of people just don't want to move on and follow whole new characters and different setting, specially when these new characters and world aren't much appreciated, it's some kind of denialism, making G5 as a sequel to G4 obviously wouldn't work, it's something very sentimental, and making your target audience have more interest in G4 just makes it worse for G5, getting rid of what your fandom love is very risky, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, and when it fails, it can be a disaster.

I'm not saying that making G5 with Twilight and her friends and everything we saw in G4 again would've made the franchise go back to its glory days, no, it's not that easy, but that the situation wouldn't be that bad, the fandom wouldn't be so split.

Or not, I don't know, maybe people in general just think that My Little Pony already showed what it had to offer, the franchise can't surprise anymore, 2010-2014 were special years, both for the franchise and the market.

Exactly! I also felt like Hasbro started Generation 5 too soon but you can't blame them for that since they're a toy company. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

@Misty Shadow Phoenix's thread is a bit of an eye opener. I had recalled about Hasbro's financial struggles, but I didn't know they were this bad.

Not to mention, Hasbro's stock market didn't look good for a while, either. The gains they were making nosedived last fall (same time after it reported its losses), and they're still very slowly trying to climb upward since.

(Hasbro's limited toy line for G5 didn't help matters, either.)

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

26 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

I think MLP TYT has potential to continue the series

Wrong. It's downright canceled. Remember, at least 75 of the originally planned 100 episodes were unfinished before the layoffs kicked in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

Wrong. It's downright canceled. Remember, at least 75 of the originally planned 100 episodes were unfinished before the layoffs kicked in.

It's not canceled

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

It's not canceled

Sorry, but Tell Your Tale does seem to be cancelled (with the possible exception of the G5 comics). But you are correct to say that there is still potential there, just as there is still potential for terrific G4 stories; it just doesn't look like that potential is going to be realized. 

• Brohoof 1

Definitive confirmation from Hasbro (via Equestria Daily): 

Hasbro Confirms To Equestria Daily That My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale Will End On October 17  

by overcast

After weeks of rumors, we finally have some accurate, authoritative info to share. A representative of Hasbro has kindly sent us an email to confirm that My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale will be over soon.

The statement they provided to us says that the show's biweekly schedule will continue until the last episode is released on October 17, 2024. Although the show is ending, it will remain available to stream on both YouTube and Netflix.

Following two seasons of exciting, slice of life content, My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale is drawing to a close. New episodes of My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale will air bi-weekly until 17 October 2024. The series will remain available for audiences worldwide, with both seasons available on the My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale YouTube channel and series 1 currently streaming on Netflix. My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale has entertained fans around the world with magical adventures, while delivering positive messages about the value of diversity, inclusion, and friendship. As the series wraps up, our fans can continue to enjoy My Little Pony through innovative toys, games, and licensed consumer products that create joy and community for fans of all ages. This isn't the end of the journey for My Little Pony – stay tuned for more magical adventures to come!

This statement is very similar to one that Hasbro provided to the Twitter user My Little Pony Facts a week ago. The information is presented in a different order, but there are only a few other minor differences, such as the newly italicized sentences.

More at the link. 

• Brohoof 2
  • Sad 1