Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what do you think is the answer to the universe?

jdor11

Why should it be a material object? Of what value is that?

I didn't say it was a material object. In fact, in my first post I said: There is no answer to the universe, because for there to be an answer, there must first be a reasonable question.

Relatively, what we think is the answer to the universe (not taking into account the universe is not a question) is useless. Human concepts are pointless in comparison to everything ever in existence, except to human beings.

• Brohoof 1

Relatively, what we think is the answer to the universe (not taking into account the universe is not a question) is useless. Human concepts are pointless in comparison to everything ever in existence, except to human beings.

Thanks for saving my effort for having to type that out. :D

We must have a purpose, otherwise we wouldn't have bothered asking it. (Unless we just thought it was nonsense anyways, like asking what kind of cheese the moon is made of.)

Certainly a man being hungry implies there is such a thing as food.

Why must we have a purpose? What if we're just here? Just because one questions their existence doesn't warrant a purpose.

Thanks for saving my effort for having to type that out. :D

Mhm.

• Brohoof 1

Optimism is too foolish to notice the evil in the world.

Pessimism is too brash to appreciate the good.

Therefore, both are too simple.

Love of something higher than the individual or even the Universe itself is the ability to ascribe a definition and standard to which the Universe should be corrected. I believe in a God of Love; and by that power I am willing to tear the world asunder, and all that are in it, in order to repair it.

By Love.

We must have a purpose, otherwise we wouldn't have bothered asking it. (Unless we just thought it was nonsense anyways, like asking what kind of cheese the moon is made of.)

Certainly a man being hungry implies there is such a thing as food.

Love is an emotion felt by humans, that is a fact. Is that feeling something that other beings can feel? Possibly, possibly not. Speaking of our world, Earth, as something more than a small planet in the universe is a bit foolish. The talk of Gods, well I rather not share my thoughts on that subject to avoid controversy. Can humans say anything for fact when we are such a microscopic piece of everything? I do not believe so. Also, of what type of question is: What do you think the answer to the universe is? There is no real meaning or question to that.

Love is an emotion felt by humans, that is a fact. Is that feeling something that other beings can feel? Possibly, possibly not. Speaking of our world, Earth, as something more than a small planet in the universe is a bit foolish. The talk of Gods, well I rather not share my thoughts on that subject to avoid controversy. Can humans say anything for fact when we are such a microscopic piece of everything? I do not believe so. Also, of what type of question is: What do you think the answer to the universe is? There is no real meaning or question to that.

My conviction is that We, human beings, are the "center" of God's creation, and that the Universe exists around us, both for us to enjoy and explore, and appreciate as an extended representation of different aspects and features of God.

My conviction is that We, human beings, are the "center" of God's creation, and that the Universe exists around us, both for us to enjoy and explore, and appreciate as an extended representation of different aspects and features of God.

Well it seems we have completely different views. I won't argue with your views though.