Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spitfire Wallpaper

Vexx3

This was a difficult, but satisfying background to make. I started off not knowing where I wanted to go with it until I thought "I wonder if I'd be able to make the hair look like fire".

While the end result didn't exactly look like fire (I'm not too good with the smudge tool yet), I'm still pretty happy with it overall.

Direct link: http://vexx3.deviantart.com/art/Spitfire-313272784

• Brohoof 9

This was a difficult, but satisfying background to make. I started off not knowing where I wanted to go with it until I thought "I wonder if I'd be able to make the hair look like fire".

While the end result didn't exactly look like fire (I'm not too good with the smudge tool yet), I'm still pretty happy with it overall.

Direct link: http://vexx3.deviant...tfire-313272784

Posted Image-Stop making me jelly of your mad skillz

• Brohoof 3

Just a recommendation for future works, when you state what tool you are using like the 'Smudge Tool', It'd be nice if you'd state the program used as well so we can better perceive what problems you dealt with pertaining your work. While certain tools like the 'Smudge Tool' are similar in related use, different programs have different means of using it such as GIMP, Paint Tool SAI, or Photoshop as examples.

The fire looks like fire, it's very nice. Though I notice you didn't add fire to the tail to match the top head. Only thing I have to put out.

I love your avatar and the game. Wish it was released on the PS Vita...
  • Brohoof 1

Incredible ^^ Saw this on DA. Love the fire effects that add not only to her design in general, but since she's pissed it's almost like her mane caught fire. Stupendous ;)

• Brohoof 1

Posted Image- Ha thanks pal!

Posted Image- I actually spent a good 2 hours working on that avatar

Did you know there is an online website that has fan made story lines based around this game, and it's designed LIKE the game so you actually play it, but on your computer? I forget the website, but a quick Google check and some asking around would turn up the site.

Incredible ^^ Saw this on DA. Love the fire effects that add not only to her design in general, but since she's pissed it's almost like her mane caught fire. Stupendous ;)

Thanks guys! ^^

Just a recommendation for future works, when you state what tool you are using like the 'Smudge Tool', It'd be nice if you'd state the program used as well so we can better perceive what problems you dealt with pertaining your work. While certain tools like the 'Smudge Tool' are similar in related use, different programs have different means of using it such as GIMP, Paint Tool SAI, or Photoshop as examples.

The fire looks like fire, it's very nice. Though I notice you didn't add fire to the tail to match the top head. Only thing I have to put out.

Ah yes. It was the smudge tool in Photoshop (I'm using version CS5).

Also, I didn't add fire to the tail for two reasons. The first reason is that the fire on the mane alone was such a pain to get right. The second reason is that I didn't feel there was enough of the tail showing to have to worry about it. I felt the mane drew the eyes enough that the tail was scarcely noticed (maybe that's just me, though).

I love looking at good art, pony or not. And this one's just fantastic. Great job, I'm sure a lot of time and effort went into this.

What a fantastically hot wallpaper! I love this so much, great job vexx! :)

This is so badass. Great wallpaper!

Wallpapered that is epic!

Thank you! :D

(edited)

I like the way it turned out. Because it's in the middle of being and not being fire it's more practical as a mane to me. Nice job.

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 1

I like the way it turned out. Because it's in the middle of being and not being fire it more practical as a mane to me. Nice job.

Thanks, Dave! ^^

OMG! This is HOT. Out of the last wallpapers I talked about (which were yours... the discord, cutie mark, and octavia). This one is the best so far. Real good job on this!

• Brohoof 1