Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preliminary linework experiment with Rarity and OC

Phaeston-e12

(edited)

I've finished the underdrawing yesterday night before I went to bed. But the actual linework took bit more time because I was distracted and since I was trying to figure out the right thickness for the brush was I using. I wish the brush I'm using is bit more rugged because I feel the linework is too smooth for the style I'm going for. I'm going to work on her clothings abit more, and I think the thicker linework which I've used on Rarity is much better as well.

Constructive criticism is more than welcome.

Colored version(experimental), uncolored version and uncolored version w/ undersketch are included here.

Edit: Next time I'm going to make sure horn's edge is thiner, Rairty's lowerside of her horn is bit weird looking. Not sure about the background. I was just trying to figure out how chracters would look on different brush thicknesses.

Edit 2: Ahaha... Rarity's back is missing; she phat... (lol) I think her color is bit too strong. I may ...turn her colors to be more... pastel-color like(?) in future.

Edit 3: The art of letting it go... the art of letting it go.. (pukes blood)

post-5710-0-38965400-1342128622.jpg

post-5710-0-99113900-1342128624.jpg

post-5710-0-55211500-1342128627_thumb.jpg

Edited by ein12
  • Brohoof 5

Nice experiment, and I love that style!

"Rairty's lowerside of her horn is bit weird looking." yeah. Maybe you can extend the straight line farther down instead of ending it on one of those curved lines.