Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need critique on this idea

Pencil J. Doodle

So i had this idea for a kind of Batman - MLP: FiM crossover fic, but here me out:

Pretty much, i was going to write Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy the way i think it should've gone (I.e. my own adaptation of Batman), but told using characters, locations, and features of MLP: FiM.

I don't want to give away too many of the idea's i had, but what i can tell you is: Twilight will be Batman, the Batman will only be refereed to as 'The Purple Knight', and each character of MLP: FiM will play the Batman character/villian that i think best suits them (even the side characters and background ponies).

The fic will be one big split into 3 sections (one for each movie, of course)

The story will be loosely based of Nolan's story, but i will through in my own personal edits to the story, and even my own idea's/concepts

What do you think? Should i bother going through with it?

I'll say this much, with any type of creative endeavor, you get more out of the experience of actually doing it than you would from completing and publishing it. After all, if this is something you want to do in general, and you never go through with it, how will you get better?

I say, write a treatment where you talk about what you're going for and maybe a first chapter. That way you didn't invest too many brain bytes into the story if it really just doesn't work out, but can still get some feedback on your style and approach.

I would suggest this as a note: Why not make the main character Fluttershy? I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but if you think about it, Bruce Wayne has a lot of personal demons to face, namely the fact that his identity is based on his biggest fear, Bats. He wants criminals to feel what he feels, especially after his loss. If you look at Fluttershy, maybe she could try to adopt a new personality to help the woodland creatures or the other ponies. Twilight would be good as Lucius Fox because of her intellect and role as a mentor, plus the fact using the show's main character as yours is kind of a gimme, this is a divergent route. Rarity or AJ could fill Alfred's role. Rainbow Dash would make a good Commissioner Gordon type character, or maybe add a rival super hero or even have her fill the role of Harvey Dent, after all, RD is well intentioned, but can get carried away.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, of course you have to have Pinkie Pie play The Joker. Perhaps that's too obvious? No matter, that's my two bits.

Edited by Coeus
  • Brohoof 1

Well, of course you have to have Pinkie Pie play The Joker. Perhaps that's too obvious? No matter, that's my two bits.

How could i not? I know it's cliche, unoriginal, and anyone can see it coming, but i already have a few ideas on how i could make it work

well i was hyped for this idea until you mentioned that it would be nolands batman now let me give you some advice read some of the comics get a good feel for the charactors and if you chose silver age batman you can have that MLP charm outher wise you have over rated grimdark

also no i dont hate the noland batman because i loved batman begins i just think the dark knight was overrated heath ledger didnt deserve his oscer because he was a drug addict and the writer were what made that joker so good

• Brohoof 1

I've read stories like these. They were never any good.

Why?

Most of the people writing it literally did the story they were doing play by play for whatever adaptation they were doing.

I would recommend trying this, but put it in a different respect. Like don't play off the darn joker like the movie did, make it like the show would, being funny (I'm assuming Pinkie is the Joker)

I don't know. Try taking the movie as the template of what you are writing, but only as that. Make your own scenarios, lines and interesting plots and I think it'll be better than just ripping the Batman series and just placing MLP characters as fill ins.

• Brohoof 1

How could i not? I know it's cliche, unoriginal, and anyone can see it coming, but i already have a few ideas on how i could make it work

How is the Joker not Discord?

Anyways, I personally do not really like stories that merge two universes, especially two very different ones like Batman and MLP, which is why I haven't really followed Fallout Equestria even though I heard good things about it. However if you think you can pull it off, give it a shot!