Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A way to get notified if a friend posts a new Thread.

Neikos

So we have this rather useless friend thingy right now. ( I say useless because Status Updates are not really for a Forum )

So why not add a way we can get notified if a friend posts a thread? Chances are we will reply to it. ( Friends often have the same interests than you. )

Just something that I thought off.

• Brohoof 8

It would be nice to have an option on everyone's profile that allows you to follow their posts.

I wouldn't like a general option, like those for status updates, that makes you follow the posts of all of your friends, but it would be useful if we had one's for individuals.

Also, it would be nice to have it like this for status updates too. I'd like to be informed of some of my friends' status updates, but I can't keep up with all of them without my notifications getting flooded.

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah like a way to follow certain members and see when they make new theads and maybe even get a notification when they post in a certain thread? This way it will become much easier to stalk people.. I mean.. to read their interesting posts.

Yeah like a way to follow certain members and see when they make new theads and maybe even get a notification when they post in a certain thread? This way it will become much easier to stalk people.. I mean.. to read their interesting posts.

Ah yes, thanks for bringing up the stalking issue. I don't think that will be a problem, as you can actually control who you friend.

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, thanks for bringing up the stalking issue. I don't think that will be a problem, as you can actually control who you friend.

I was not going to bring it up as a problem, I just mentioned it in my post to make it more comical.

I was not going to bring it up as a problem, I just mentioned it in my post to make it more comical.

It was not meant to be directed at you, but those who might find it to be a problem! I know that you meant it as a comical effect :P

Also, it would be nice to have it like this for status updates too. I'd like to be informed of some of my friends' status updates, but I can't keep up with all of them without my notifications getting flooded.

Agree, I'm in the same situation, I have many users I want to have in friend list yet they are so hyperactive at posting updates so they flood me up. If I could pick several instead, I would be a lot happier :)

I have had this same idea for some time. I have to manually check each friend's new topics to see of they have started any new topics and the problem is that most days I forget to. A individual follow user function like we have for threads could also be a possibility.

• 4 weeks later...

How about we get an update on this?

This is a shameless bump that should not have existed in the first place, thus those who should have replied shall feel shameful.

I'm liking this idea, but the only flaw is that some people have like 140 friends so that would fill your inbox pretty quickly, so what everyone else is saying seems like a good idea have chosen ones where you will get their status updates and know when they have posted a new topic, I am just repeating what everyone else is saying, So yes I think this is a very good idea.

I would love a feature I could Follow Brisineo (Old friends, not stalker. I like to keep up with his theories, and he always has some interesting insights into everything. hehehe).

Well, that is my input. I would live this feature!

That is a great idea. However I don't think that it would be good to receive all of your friends updates. It can be too much to handle for some people with lots of friends.

I would suggest that we put a little button on every persons profile page where you can choose if you want to follow every post that this person makes or every topic. Because some people can be fun to follow, but aren't exactly friends with you. There are people that makes really interesting posts that you want to follow, but you haven't even talked with. Then it would be rather silly to "friend" them just to be able to follow their posts.

But of course if someone would like some privacy you could maybe choose not to let other than friends, or even anyone be able to follow your posts (the reason for that I cannot understand, but I guess that some people can feel a little bit uncomfortable with people reading every single post they post.)

Oh Celestia help us.

Bravo.

You have just reached about 20% closer to Discord and his chaos.

But that's great!

So I'll give you a little brohoof.

*brohoof*

But anyway.

No this simply cannot do at all.

Imagine this in your head for a minute.

A normal forum member has like 504 friends or more.

And all are active.

That will be too much notifications.

Might lag.

Sorry but I don't support.