[Comic]ISSUE #3 IS OUT! My Little DayZ Survival is Top Priority.

CommadorTheCyborgPony

Recently i have become obsessed with DayZ, a hyper realistic Zombie Apocalypse game. I thought up a plot line for a comic and started to draw it.

ISSUE #3 IS OUT!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please Comment and give feedback!

Did it hook you, Does it look good, and Do you think it is a good so far.

My goal for this comic is to hook you, have it good to look at, and to have a good comic. I plan to take this comic far, I have a whole plot line set up.

Edited by JayFeather~

It's not bad, the drawing is ok :) , it's nice to see a had drawn comic rather then a online one!

I just don't really get who the characters are at this point, and sometimes the writing is hard to make out (but I am a bad reader and on a small screen).

With a Bit more work and maybe some backstory, this could be the start of a great comic :D!

Keep working on it!

It's not bad, the drawing is ok :) , it's nice to see a had drawn comic rather then a online one!

I just don't really get who the characters are at this point, and sometimes the writing is hard to make out (but I am a bad reader and on a small screen).

With a Bit more work and maybe some backstory, this could be the start of a great comic :D!

Keep working on it!

All of this stuff will be released with Issue #2, which will be up soon. Ig your having trouble click on the image to make it full screen.

ISSUE 2 IS OUT!

Hopefully more people read and comment this time. I want more feedback so I can improve. Comment away!

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully more people read and comment this time. I want more feedback so I can improve. Comment away!

Only if you tell us what your goals are for the comic, how far you want to take it or at least what you want us to critique.

Only if you tell us what your goals are for the comic, how far you want to take it or at least what you want us to critique.

In my ending lines i talk about that, i updated it from my phone so now people can give feedback easier.

Sorry it has been so long since issue #2, but issue #3 is finally here, issue #4 will probably take less time, i had a lot of stuff to do these past few days.

No one is looking at this comic and the few that do don't comment. I made this for these forums, yet get no feedback

Did it hook you, Does it look good, and Do you think it is a good so far.

It didn't hook me since the drawings were amateur and the text is impossible to understand in some parts not to mention that the story doesn't seem well written and even includes gramatical errors in some parts.

If you want to take this comic far then you need to adopt actual comic making practices. Professionals don't just take out a piece of printer paper and start drawing on it with pen. There are whole steps from thumbnails to layout to sketches to line art to inking and then colors. There is a huge blown out process and if you plan on going far then you should probably adhere to the industry standard.

Obviously this sounds very critical and harsh, but there really is no other way to say it. You need to be proficient in drawing many different kinds of things as well as being a good writer and story teller.

You need to get better at drawing so your humans have proper proportion and look like humans from all angles instead of being stuck to a few angles because you don't know how to draw them in the other view.

I would suggest that you:

• Keep practicing
  • Always take drawing classes
  • Take a creative writing class or ask someone who has to do the story
  • Learn the full blown process for making comics either from a book or from a class
  • Invest in ink pens
  • Learn to typeset with a computer as this is really the easiest way
You wanted feed back, sugar coating it at all would be a disservice to you. Obviously you should still finish this comic if making comics is something your interested in doing for a living. Passion and practice are far more valuable than talent.

Thanks for all of this, to be honest this is a quick draw thing that I am just making for fun, I didn't really want to put a lot of effort. I do understand all your points, It was very constuctive no matter how harsh it wasMy story may not be top notch yet, but I am giving it to you in small parts. When the comic is done it will probably be better. The reason i dont use inkpens isnecause i can't shade, and i am taking art class in middleschool this year. And since im only in middleschool im going to make spelling and grammar mistakes. I hope more people give feedback like you.