mega thread Last Poster Wins

Discord!

1 hour ago, Gun Metal Zebra said:

Post for eternity. :P

When you think about it, if the forums die out and all that's left is whatever's on "wayback machine", there you will see the final winner :o .

Although I think a website has to still exist for wayback to work, no?

*reboots WinWin c:*

• Brohoof 2

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

3 minutes ago, WWolf said:

When you think about it, if the forums die out and all that's left is whatever's on "wayback machine", there you will see the final winner :o .

Let's see how long it takes to get to that point. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Gun Metal Zebra said:

Let's see how long it takes to get to that point. :P

I wish I could see the average life of a forum... most of them die out pretty quickly, apparently, but since this one is tied to such a huge community and it's one of the primary communities for MLP (there's also EquestriaDaily and whatnot..), the end would have to be not related to lack of fans.

There was a smaller "WorldofEquestria" before but it has disappeared yeras ago.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 3

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

3 minutes ago, WWolf said:

I wish I could see the average life of a forum... most of them die out pretty quickly, apparently, but since this one is tied to such a huge community and it's one of the primary communities for MLP (there's also EquestriaDaily and whatnot..), the end would have to be not related to lack of fans.

There was a smaller "WorldofEquestria" before but it has disappeared yeras ago.

I don't know the average life of a forum, but I have seen various forums come and go over the past couple of decades that I have been using forums.  It is an interesting thing to think about, nonetheless.  And the answer eludes me like the win does. :P

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Gun Metal Zebra said:

I don't know the average life of a forum, but I have seen various forums come and go over the past couple of decades that I have been using forums.  It is an interesting thing to think about, nonetheless.  And the answer eludes me like the win does. :P

The first one I ever joined was discontinued :maud: . It was on lego.com known as the "message boards". Very safe-guarded though to avoid having to deal with any legal battles. Started there in 2006, stayed up to around 2010.

• Brohoof 2

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

8 minutes ago, WWolf said:

The first one I ever joined was discontinued :maud: . It was on lego.com known as the "message boards". Very safe-guarded though to avoid having to deal with any legal battles. Started there in 2006, stayed up to around 2010.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but I have seen various lifespans of forums.  Many of them seemed to last anywhere from two to eight years.  I do like old-fashioned forums, even though people have largely moved onto things like Discord nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 hours ago, WWolf said:

The wayback machine might not capture the true winner though, as it takes a snapshot of the website at random points in time :crackle: Also, it might not take a snapshot of this thread and instead take a snapshot of the main page of the forum. :o

8 hours ago, Gun Metal Zebra said:

And the answer eludes me like the win does. :P

Alas, in the end, the win eludes us all :crackle:

Edited by Nsxile

(edited)
4 hours ago, Nsxile said:

The wayback machine might not capture the true winner though, as it takes a snapshot of the website at random points in time :crackle: Also, it might not take a snapshot of this thread and instead take a snapshot of the main page of the forum. :o

Alas, in the end, the win eludes us all :crackle:

Yes but we’d have to settle with that as the last poster :wau: . Unless other evidence existed otherwise 

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

1554081394_MoonOnAStick.thumb.png.5141dfbabc86aed7395097de7265e09b.png

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

1554081394_MoonOnAStick.thumb.png.5141dfbabc86aed7395097de7265e09b.png

Hey it’s you :P 

I saw the blank post in your profile here and thought “oh boy she must have a sketch drawn for this” :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

And yet, no new juicebox?
(still, noice to see a fellow Kirin :D)

• Brohoof 2

ᚾᛖᚹ ᛚᚢᚾᚨ ᚱᛖᛈᚢᛒᛚᛁᚴ - ᚦᛖ ᚠᚢᚾ ᚺᚨᚦ ᛒᛖᛖᚾ ᛞᛟᚢᛒᛚᛖᛞ

image.png.1d67db17f637a25cb8070c016012d5cf.png