Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Forums community blogs

Zoop

Now I can rant about how awesome I am, Tumblr may have some competition now.

(*screams happily*)

Thank you so much for doing this MLPforums! :D :D

I just had the best idea ever.

We should all make roleplay blogs, for example, I could be Rainbow Dash, someone else could be Pinkie Pie etc.

Is this sort of thing allowed? It would be awesome if it was.

There was an entire roleplay topic all about blogging as a pony o.o Actually having a blog for it would be awesome, what with all the customization power. I'd be for that as well.

I can has notification when someone quoted me or mentioned me inside the blogs' comment section? :>

Also the "Recent Blog Entries" on the main page somehow froze, some new blog posts just won't appear there

Also the "Recent Blog Entries" on the main page somehow froze, some new blog posts just won't appear there

It appears to not update instantaneously, yeah. I've noticed it takes a short bit, plus a refresh to get it updated sometimes.

I just had the best idea ever.

We should all make roleplay blogs, for example, I could be Rainbow Dash, someone else could be Pinkie Pie etc.

Is this sort of thing allowed? It would be awesome if it was.

It would be allowed to make a blog as a character, yes. And to use blogs to supplement roleplays. But to actually create a blog and roleplay WITHIN it would not be allowed as we already have an entire section dedicated to roleplaying.

Basically, blogs as characters and to supplement RPs or otherwise related? That's fine.

Blogs that are used for actual roleplaying with others? Go to RP World. Not allowed.

I should create a blog for Artsy at some point. Perhaps.

It would be allowed to make a blog as a character, yes. And to use blogs to supplement roleplays. But to actually create a blog and roleplay WITHIN it would not be allowed as we already have an entire section dedicated to roleplaying.

Basically, blogs as characters and to supplement RPs or otherwise related? That's fine.

Blogs that are used for actual roleplaying with others? Go to RP World. Not allowed.

I should create a blog for Artsy at some point. Perhaps.

Discord blog, here I come. Inb4 nothing but delicious tales of urking off Celestia by annoying her all day long whilst she goes about her royal duties.

Also, I'm enjoying this feature the more I use it. Again, an excellent feature to the forums that's had very little complaint, of which most has been at least mildly appeased once the purpose of the blogs was explained.

There was an entire roleplay topic all about blogging as a pony o.o Actually having a blog for it would be awesome, what with all the customization power. I'd be for that as well.

Ah yes, how could we let that RP die? That was so much fun.

Yes, that was exactly what I ment.

I don't see why it would not be allowed. Hell, I'll throw my hat into this ring. I call making a Pinkie Pie blog! We can even have crossovers and all that good stuff :3

I can see you've already started. I'm gonna open mine now!

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

how does the external blogging system work, exactly? i made a post on my tumblr and has set up an external blog here to link to said tumblr, but it doesn't get on here...

edit: oh okay, it works since i have redirecting hits, according to the blogs system, but, it doesn't get reblogged to the latest entries here? that's kinda what i wanted, and i'd like being able to crosspost some of my blogs from my tumblr onto here, so i won't have to say the same thing twice to get attention from here.

edit: also, i'm not getting any notifications of brohooves on my blogs here. i noticed that getting notifs of new entries in blogs you follow was off by default, and no other notification options were available.

Edited by Princess Viscra Maelstrom

• 1 month later...

Are we allowed to mention our own websites in our blogs? I have a review section for TV/Films on my AHF website and have reviewed a couple of MLP FiM episodes in the past, and intend to review S3 E1 as soon as I've watched it. And, obviously, I write the reviews in the hope and intention that other people will read them (why else, lol) but gain nothing monetary etc out of doing them.