Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first week as a brony like?

Akemi Homura

This IS my first week as a brony. So it's still pretty fresh in my mind. :)

I discovered the show on September 10th. I haven't told anyone except you guys. I don't have any friends I hang out with and I'm not really in touch with most of my family. I just keep to myself. MLP has really helped me, and so has the forum. It would have been a lousy week otherwise.

At home I look up, watch, and talk about ponies. At work? Think about ponies. My fanfiction ideas? Now full of ponies. For lunch? Eat ponies.

Just kidding on that last one.

*sigh* I need a hug :(

*hugs you*

I know how you feel.

Edited by TailsAlone

Well.I was stuck with all this hip hop swag crap for awhile,and had to deal with it for a year,or two.Discovering the show,and it's awesome fandom.Gave me a awesome feeling.Like hearing a sweet nice bass drop with DR.Dre Beats earphones :wub: :wub:

not the best it was a friday ,me and a friend were on netflix trying to find the next series we would watch we both heard good things about mlp so we watch it and love it, earlier in the week something came up and that was on our mind for some time. the first week was filled with ponies and happiness that helped keep my mind off things and learning more about the fandom.

Yup....That's pretty much how it went down. Ponies have been a big help for sure. Anyone that says that the fandom can't help with depression is full of shit.

Edited by sirseansy
  • Brohoof 1

i kept it hidden. then my friend found out. and then other people. this lead to name calling, inapropriet comments, and eventally violence. basicly, i got beat up...... alot, over and over again. so my first week as a brony wasnt fun. i still have the scars.

Well... I started watching MLP... Then I got hooked... After I watched all of season 2... I would go onto MLP wiki... Look up stuff I wanted to know more of... I came across the word bronie... Looked it up... Turns out I'm a bronie... Then I came onto this forums to get info about season 3...

And have a good time...

I just found a picture that describes it perfectly for many of us...

Posted Image

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/171/1/3/the_my_little_pony_effect_by_miharuzee-d3jfyt7.jpg

So true. I'm pacing myself instead of devouring the episodes one after another, because the third season doesn't start for a while yet...but my Rainbow Dash shirt is already in the mail. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Well before i became a true fan i started by watching season 2 (dont know why) the first three episodes, i enjoyed them so i went back to watch the first 2 on August the 2nd every night at 10 i have been watching an episode, not much different had happened between when i had became a brony in that week, it was pretty much the same but i had something to look forward to at 10.

it has become a rouitine, and i kinda hoped season 3 would have come out by now so i could carry on with the seasons i'm on episode 19 tonight and once i have finished i am going to go back and watch both seasons again (two a night instead of 1) until season 3, then i will watch that after i finish my second watch of seasons 1&2

I don't really remember when... But I just remember being curious and actually watching other youtube videos then seeing some parody of some sort of an MLP related video thing. Then I got curious and watched it. I watched and got interested in the story. After the 2 parter opener I was starting to question myself for watching the show. But I was hooked. I lost alot of sleep honestly while watching the episodes till I passed out in bed on my ipod.

I still do that alot on my reruns...

I don't know how much exactly if affected my life especially the first week. It might have had some effect on it later on but I never really payed enough attention.

So other then losing some sleep it didn't affect my life that much i could tell. If anything it took a while more closer to when i got to this forum.

Anyways now i'm here and I love the show. I'm not the most amazing at remembering details from long ago I guess. I just know I love the show now. I don't know if it has effected my behavior IRL or anything especially since I haven't told anyone and I keep it secret even from my family.

I guess it made me have faith that I can actually find cartoons i'd bother watching. On that faithfull day I stumbled into MLP.

Edited by Zygen

Nothing much happened, I just watched a lot of pony stuff and found out a lot of people like background characters more that main characters.

Also I questioned who I like most:

Cats or Ponies?

Still a battle being fought til this day.

I'l admit, I was questioning why I had an interest in these cute colourful ponies, but once I started actually getting into it, it was a fun time! I was punched in the face with cuteness, I mean who wouldn't want that? It was a great ride.

My first week was still very secretive. I would only watch MLP with the volume down or with headphones in my room with the door closed. Not really much to say about my first week because that is really all it was. I did not start openly watching MLP for quite a while and I cannot remember the exact date I said "I would rather watch *yay*ing ponies than your DBZ s*yay*" Without the yay censorship, of course

A freaking hell, I tell you that.

My brony friends wont stop the fuck up about "LOL GAYS MAI FAVORITE PONEIS", my family looks at me funny (they can't call me gay, they know more than anyone about my sex life), and a certain shithead here keep talking about how MLPForums is the best forum

My first week of being a Brony was pulling all-nighters and drinking soda to finish all episodes for both seasons, thus failing to study and pay attention in math resulting in a "D"....... I'm suppose to be a A-B student, so I can get into the Army.

PS

Worth it

;)

My first week of being a Pegasister was a megical one. I had always been one of those people who said "how do people like this? Especially grown men?!" and then I decided that in order to have an intelligent argument I needed to watch the show. So I watched it and loved it. I watched the episodes out of order, how the Hub decided to rerun them, but I have seen 95% of them now.

I was shocked at how I liked this show. Strangely I felt happier. I used to constantly get full of rage and depression. After watching this show though it changed how I look at life. I'm not as violent as I used to be and I no longer feel sad. Everything seemed to be getting better after watching this show. My life is now clearer as I am now constantly joyful and have a happy outlook on life. It's just a great feeling.

Though I did look at myself in the mirror and ask myself "Why do you like this?" Now I am a crazy fan. I bought shirts and other merchandise. I'm getting a tattoo and I've watched season 1+2 about 5 times now. No more drinking because of sadness and no more suicidal acts. So my final statement is that somehow this show makes me feel really good about life and myself and I just accept it.

First day: Watch half of every episode

Second day: Watch the rest of the episodes

Third day: Create an OC

Fourth day: Find the brony lunch table at school

Fifth day: Buy a pony toy

Sixth day: Buy a pony shirt

Seventh day: Read Equestria Daily

Still haven't told my parents. I tried to but after saying, "Did you know that there are a bunch of people on the internet that like My Little Pony?" They laughed in my face. But otherwise it was great. Bronies are accepting, and that's amazing. Love you guys.

Be strong comrade. I have very strict tradional parents. They were a little disappointed in me but they've learned to accept it. We all accept you here friend!

• Brohoof 1

My family already appreciated MLP as an awesome show, so my first week as a brony was very peaceful. Kept it a big secret to all my friends for a bit because of the potential negative reaction. I still keep it quiet to most people to this day, even if my bronydom should already have been implied by my Facebook activities.