Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your first week as a brony like?

Akemi Homura

Tell us what happened during your personal life during that time and how much the show impact you to begin with.

My first week of being a brony (January 2nd - January 9th) was a rather interesting time... I got yelled at a lot by my mom for failing to respond to important phone calls, got in arguments with multiple people through youtube (some people that I knew) - but it got better as I started watching more pony videos on youtube. I also missed the day back to school after winter break on January 9th, which was a Monday, and I missed a few important math lessons among other stuff. Reason? I couldn't find my house keys and inexplicably answered the phone near noon while listening to pony music. It was from McDonald's about my mom's recent application and they wanted to interview her, but I said she wasn't available as she wasn't at home... I forgot to tell her that they phoned later on in the day, though. I got yelled at a LOT that week until Sunday. :/

That Monday officially got me hooked on the entire series, though - I guess if I didn't started reading those fanfics that day I wouldn't be as interested in the fandom as much as I do now.

• Brohoof 1

Everyday waking up, the world seemed a brighter and more beautiful place then it had ever been. I would also stay up until like 6 am every night reading fanfics and watching PMVs.

• Brohoof 3

Horrible, I got grounded after brother screamed homophobic slurs at me when confessed I liked MLP, and I screamed back at him.

Sucked big time, I didn't get back into the fandom until October.

My first week, well is started on the weekend I decided to look up bronies and watch the show. So much of my night was filled with season 1 on saturdays and sundays. But then the week would come, and I wouldn't watch but about an episode a day. Then the next weekend would come and more ponies. But during the times I was watching the ponies, my hand stayed on the mouse, ready to delete all browsing history and get off the internet insanely fast.

I was having trouble believing that I was into this stuff at first. I was keeping it a secret from my family until I decided that it doesn't matter. I told them about it and they couldn't care less.

• Brohoof 1

My first week as a pegasister was in the end of July of 2011. I found about it while on Arlong Parks and was wondering why everybody had a pony avatar. My city was hosting the famous ''expo de saint-hyacinthe''. Normally I go there everyday when it's there but I came back early instead to watch about 3 or 4 season one episodes. In a week, I had finished season 1 and then learned that season 2 would come in a month. I could not wait :)

Not much of an alteration from the norm. I was away with friends attending a convention when I seriously got into ponies. (We had all of season one and, at that time, all of season two on an external HDD.) Once I returned home, I committed myself to more pony-related activities, such as joining this site. :)

Strange story from the convetion: one of my friends and I were wearing pony hats (Derpy and Pinkie Pie, if I recall correctly) when a stranger ambled up and asked us about the origin of our headgear. After we told him it came from a show called My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, he set himself to asking if we accepted Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior. That's only rivaled by being quasi-evangelized by the guy sent to replace my modem (which happened a year earlier).

I guess it has to do with looking like a heathen or something.

I became a fan by the third episode. My first week I was in pretty big denial about the whole thing. I never had a problem with Bronies I could just never understand how you could watch a show that was intended for little girls, I thought it was weird (crazy right?) until I gave it a whorl for myself. I was really embarrassed about it and secretive about me liking and watching the show. Now of course I don’t care and aren’t so narrow minded. Just look at all the good MLP did for me. :D

Then I proceeded to get no sleep and watch all the episodes in one sitting

So much this

When I encountered FiM at the first time, I was more of a hater rather than a fan. But when someone opened my eyes to the glory of FiM, I spent the next eight hours watching all the episodes

• Brohoof 1

not the best it was a friday ,me and a friend were on netflix trying to find the next series we would watch we both heard good things about mlp so we watch it and love it, earlier in the week something came up and that was on our mind for some time. the first week was filled with ponies and happiness that helped keep my mind off things and learning more about the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

The first week I became a brony, I wanted to tell everybody. Then I realized the kind of backlash I would receive if told people that I liked the show, when my sister said that she thought bronies were disturbing. I also made it through every single episode in less than two days, and from that moment on a part of my brain would always be fixated on something related to MLP. This basically describes my brain ever since. I am ok with this.

While I had long known about the show before I formally became a brony, I really wouldn't have called myself a brony until nearly two months ago when I finally watched the third episode after being disturbed by the aesthetic and stylistic choices made in the first episode (yes, I still haven't watched the second, shoot me). That day my parents were bringing my sister to visit a college and I opted to stay home, so I took the opportunity to finally watch the show without being totally worried about other people watching me (more out of privacy than embarrassment though). I found the third episode much better than the first, and soon I watched at least seven of them before my parents finally came back. In the following week I found time to watch even more episodes, and felt too tempted to stop.

However, I could have also officially declared myself a brony during the last couple weeks of my last Spring semester of college (before I watched the show), when the ideas I learned in my Social Philosophy class inspired me to compare the characters to some of the philosophers I learned about there (friendship is social, right?). Then I was probably on my high point in reading about the show on TVTropes. I don't remember much more specific, but it was still a great time nonetheless.

Edited by JustFairness

My life was a mess before I found MLP. I was on the verge of doing something I'd regret, and then I found the show. The first week of being a Brony was life changing and magical. I felt warm inside and happy. Even though it was coming candy colored ponies, I felt loved again and the show improved my outlook on life. I'll never forget that week...

• Brohoof 2

Stay up late to watch My Little Pony. Miss hours of sleep.

NO REGRETS

No regrets at all.

Thus, I finished 5 nights.

Never watched during the day.

So I missed lots of sleep.

My first week being a brony was, What The Buck am I Doing. and lots of "please dont be a brony," and "that show is stupid" from my sister (Who now watches the show) and yes lots of staying up till 2:00 in the morning watching the show :lol:

"What? Why doesn't it suck?"

"I'll just go back and finish this episode."

"I might as well watch this one, too."

"Maybe it'll make more sense if I watch the first episode."

"What happened to my life."

"Why."

"Oh well."

• Brohoof 1

My first week of being a brony was an awesome one. The whole world seemed like a nicer place. Every night I went online and watched PMV's and episodes. Then around the 3rd day I joined these forums.