ooc Equestria Divided (Grimdark)

GreyScholar

Hello everyone! Grey (EquestrianScholar) told me to introduce myself and since this is the bigger OOC topic wen the other one... hello!

I'm Spell and this is my so called character which is kind of gonna participate? Kind of? I hope? 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/spell-shock-r2316

Since Grey poofed to do stuff before i poked how exactly i should introduce myself, i just gonna do it that way. So hello everyone once again, glad to meet you all o3o

Hope no one takes that way of saying hi offensive on some way, shape or form.

Why should we be taken to offense?  Its just a simple hello. I suppose you know the wonderful Scholar, or as you called him, Grey?

Anyway, i guess you may participate. Course I can't ultimatly decide that. Not sure if we are full or not...

But, i looked at that bio and it seems to be good. That only thing that bothers me is that shes in Stormwing. Just seems odd. Not that, thats a problem or anyhing I'm sure there are unicorn that live in the house, idk its just seems, odd. Never said anything 'bout the house... I'm guessing she just lives in one of their ground citys i suppose. Also her age... 8. I tad bit young, don'tcha think? The way you wrote about her it made her seem older. Well, a little older. Just my opinion, you don't have to change it.

Hello everyone! Grey (EquestrianScholar) told me to introduce myself and since this is the bigger OOC topic wen the other one... hello!

I'm Spell and this is my so called character which is kind of gonna participate? Kind of? I hope? 

Since Grey poofed to do stuff before i poked how exactly i should introduce myself, i just gonna do it that way. So hello everyone once again, glad to meet you all o3o

Your bio is looking good so far(by the way, I LOVE your avatar!). The only thing that needs fixing is the age. After the disappearance of the Royal Sisters, 15 years would've passed by the time the roleplay starts. Your character would be about 15 by then(same with my character, except she was born a week or two AFTER it).

• Brohoof 2

R66Gz.gifClick this dragon hatchling to help it grow, please!

Ih thank you, you two.

Well, it's jsut easier for me to keep her at that age, since i kind of had idea to have a character who would be born a tad bit later from the when everything went down the loop. 

And about her house, it's just she really doesnt like the feel other houses leave on her, even with her being ridicolously silly. But i'll bumb her to 11-12, i think - just to have more of a bit regular shape. I kind of poked random number to have her be a filly, not a teen equlivent, but since teens start at 13...

And thank you on the avatar, MagicalStarRain, i like your avatar too ;3

• Brohoof 1

Throught Equestria relics of the past lay forgotten and alone, never truly resting, awaiting recognition

Your characters' bio is done very nicely. Stormwing you say? Hmm. An interesting pony to be in Stormwing, but okay! Well, welcome to the RP!

Ih thank you, you two. Well, it's jsut easier for me to keep her at that age, since i kind of had idea to have a character who would be born a tad bit later from the when everything went down the loop.  And about her house, it's just she really doesnt like the feel other houses leave on her, even with her being ridicolously silly. But i'll bumb her to 11-12, i think - just to have more of a bit regular shape. I kind of poked random number to have her be a filly, not a teen equlivent, but since teens start at 13... And thank you on the avatar, MagicalStarRain, i like your avatar too ;3

I think if you're dead set on being in Stormwing we can make it work. Problem is you'll probably never actually join the courts in the actual cloud cities. You'll be grounded for the most part.

• Brohoof 1

W9l6vjS.png?1?3720

I agreed that Spell Shock could be a member of House Stormwing as though unicorns are not as common a sight in this faction as they would be in House Moon and Star or House Whitegold they are there. Do not forget that unicorns even make up one of the 'troop' choices made while setting all this up, the Elemental Mages.

Another thing I would see as being reasonable is that unicorns of House Stormwing would likely learn at some point in time a cloud walking spell, and for those that don't know it there could likely be used some sort of flying contraption such as the hot air balloons (as shown on the tv show).

You see Spell wanted a faction what would accept both her and her pegasus marefriend Lightening, and I gave her a list of her options as well as the benefits and disadvantages. Thus knowing the problems and risks Spell picked House Stormwing, though it is reasonable to say she would more often than not be on the ground… while Lightening normally need to spend her time the cloud cities.

----------------

So unless someone has any complaints do you all feel Spell’s bio is good to be approved?

So unless someone has any complaints do you all feel Spell’s bio is good to be approved?

No complaints, although I'll be keeping my good eye on her. Just to be sure, can't trust magic users.

W9l6vjS.png?1?3720

No complaints, although I'll be keeping my good eye on her. Just to be sure, can't trust magic users.

Oh pony feathers...

Well, at least you aren't going to be cutting off our horns or anything, right? 

• Brohoof 1

R66Gz.gifClick this dragon hatchling to help it grow, please!

No problems here i suppose. I say Approve it.

Anyone going to review my OCs? anyone at all?

I swear, my posts are never long enough. I want to go back to the old format.

Didn't you ragequit? Seriously though i thought you said you weren't gonna even bother with us anymore.

No problems here i suppose. I say Approve it.

Didn't you ragequit? Seriously though i thought you said you weren't gonna even bother with us anymore.

*facedesk*

I should probably tell you that's how I blow off steam. Just go hit things in games for a while until I'm back to thinking straight.

img-2093486-2-2vuaes0.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

OCs: Standoff and Red Alert, the luckless mercs

(edited)

Sky Warden your OC Cunning Horn is approved, though I wish to check on something. You said you wanted to play Cunning Horn instead of Sky Warden correct, or are you going to play both?

Archi I have relooked over your bio for Fixit and I will approve it unless one of my moderators have a concern.

Same goes for you Sky Warden, as I will be listening to the thoughts and advice of my Moderators. :)

Anyone going to review my OCs? anyone at all?

I swear, my posts are never long enough. I want to go back to the old format.

I will look over them again and discuss things with my moderators Acualy, once decided I will get back to you. :)

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 2

Wow.  I don't even know how this hit 700 posts, and is still in planning xD

It's me, Steel Forest under a new name, checking in to make sure I'm not forgotten in teh loop .3.

• Brohoof 1

"In the new approach, as you know, the important thing is to understand what you're doing rather than to get the right
answer."

~OC's~

Newest addition,
Ian

My First OC,

Steel Forest
His foster son,

Shuttle Fire

Sky Warden your OC Cunning Horn is approved, though I wish to check on something. You said you wanted to play Cunning Horn instead of Sky Warden correct, or are you going to play both?

Archi I have relooked over your bio for Fixit and I will approve it unless one of my moderators have a concern.

Same goes for you Sky Warden, as I will be listening to the thoughts and advice of my Moderators. :)

Aye. No problem.

I think I will just change it. I've never played with two OCs at the same time and maybe it will be...what is it...not pro. If we really need Sky Warden for the Earthborn, I guess I can try.

gYnJwil.gif

Pinkeh asked me to put this here. Just another What Do You Think About Me stuff.

Unoriginal? I've never heard of a pony (my little pony to be exact) swimming, nor have I seen a pony with that as a talent. Besides, marine biology sounds like a cool job.

Well, I guess that's true. Maybe it feels unoriginal because swimming is old tosh to me. Huh. Idk.

Find the Heart of the Jungle!

Still searching for players! Join today!

Hey, it’s only a dagger made of magic trying to stab you in the back, no reason to be worried >;3

But all jokes aside, yeah – considering how the story went, unicorns are probably not in everyone’s favorite’s lists.  But I hope it will be just slight paranoia and not “Big Brother” style? X3

Sometimes ponies need some privacy! 

Oh pony feathers...

Well, at least you aren't going to be cutting off our horns or anything, right? 

Curiously, I started to think - you can’t just break the horn, you can saw it off but I don’t think you could just snap it. I mean, it’s a bone, right? I mean, I think horn would be somehow connected to a part of the brain, so it could concentrate magic which is made at will. So snapping it would apply force to the whole structure, which could deliver nearly lethal dose of well, bad things. Or maybe I’m just looking into things too much x3, it’s just a pony game.

I think it's pretty good, although there are a bit more than just a few grammatical errors, but those don't really matter. If I had permission to, I'd approve it.

Yeah, about this – sorry to everyone for my possible grammatical errors, English is not my native language and I have… limited time experience with it, so I’m not excellent at it, sadly. I try to put it through Microsoft Word at least, for some spell checking. 

• Brohoof 1

Throught Equestria relics of the past lay forgotten and alone, never truly resting, awaiting recognition

Hey, it’s only a dagger made of magic trying to stab you in the back, no reason to be worried >;3

But all jokes aside, yeah – considering how the story went, unicorns are probably not in everyone’s favorite’s lists.  But I hope it will be just slight paranoia and not “Big Brother” style? X3

Sometimes ponies need some privacy! 

Curiously, I started to think - you can’t just break the horn, you can saw it off but I don’t think you could just snap it. I mean, it’s a bone, right? I mean, I think horn would be somehow connected to a part of the brain, so it could concentrate magic which is made at will. So snapping it would apply force to the whole structure, which could deliver nearly lethal dose of well, bad things. Or maybe I’m just looking into things too much x3, it’s just a pony game.

Yeah, about this – sorry to everyone for my possible grammatical errors, English is not my native language and I have… limited time experience with it, so I’m not excellent at it, sadly. I try to put it through Microsoft Word at least, for some spell checking. 

That's fine - I completely understand. Just a heads up though, Microsoft Word isn't always right.

P.S: Interesting unicorn horn theory there. You're probably right - those things don't break off easily. The thing about horns being connected to the brain would explain stuff, like how Trixies' horn producing evil magic because of the Alicorn Amulet made her evil, or how when Twilight saw the Sonic Rainboom as a child - if it made Pinkie Pie feel such strong emotions, why not Twilight? That could've caused her horn to spark . . . wow, I'm getting WAY off topic.  :lol: Sorry!

Well, I guess that's true. Maybe it feels unoriginal because swimming is old tosh to me. Huh. Idk.

Old tosh? Why? Are you a swimmer?

• Brohoof 1

Sadly You're right. Every part of body is connected to the brain. Even your skin hair is connected to it. :lol:

It's true that cutting horn will damage the brain since there must be a kind of vein to transfer the magic energy. Well, there must be a kind of system to transfer the magic energy to the horn, so it's somehow connected to the brain. Believe me or not (I'm a martial artist), there are so many ways to break your own brain just by breathing, or well, hitting people in the right muscle is enough to make their brain broken. Forget it. It's just ponies after all. That's why we're suggested not to join the Earthborn with an unicorn OC. :lol:

Well, will someone please give me the list of current moderator of each house? I think the one in the first page is a little outdated a.k.a not up to date. Wait, that's the same thing isn't it? Well, what does a.k.a means by the way? :lol:

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

gYnJwil.gif

Pinkeh asked me to put this here. Just another What Do You Think About Me stuff.

Actual horns  in real life arn't connected to the brain. But yes they are Bone. (A bone that somehow has the same color as a ponys coat... Which is very odd). Having it connected to the brain might make sense magic wise but well bones do have nerves in them. And the nervous system is connected to the brain. Perhaps magic runs through nerves?  But breaking would horn would definatly hurt. It would feel as if you broke a bone... and in this case... having one of your bones being cut... Ouch. Idk if it would damge the brain. It might since its connected o the nervous sytem. ... Umm yeah i think we are just looking into this too much. this is off topic...

• Brohoof 1

Old tosh? Why? Are you a swimmer?

In my sport, it's a good thing if you can manage to not to have to swim. I'm a whitewater kayaker. I've been riding down small waterfalls in a kayak for... seven years now? Either way, yeah. Water's not new to me.  :lol:

(A bone that somehow has the same color as a ponys coat... Which is very odd).  

Well, IRL deer get a kind of velvety fur growing on their antlers, which are horns. Maybe unicorn's horns are the same way.

Find the Heart of the Jungle!

Still searching for players! Join today!

In my sport, it's a good thing if you can manage to not to have to swim. I'm a whitewater kayaker. I've been riding down small waterfalls in a kayak for... seven years now? Either way, yeah. Water's not new to me.  :lol:

Oh, cool! I used to take swimming, but I had to retake most levels at least three times. I fail at swimming.  :lol: Oh well, at least I can tread water.

• Brohoof 1

Wow.  I don't even know how this hit 700 posts, and is still in planning xD

It's me, Steel Forest under a new name, checking in to make sure I'm not forgotten in teh loop .3.

I found that out when sending everyone the "Checking Up On Players" notice, did you get it? I would like it if you could reply to that PM so that I know your on board with this.

I found that out when sending everyone the "Checking Up On Players" notice, did you get it? I would like it if you could reply to that PM so that I know your on board with this.

I'm pretty sure you confirmed Nightfall a few pages ago, but if I'm wrong, then please correct me. If I am confirmed, may I be added to the PM?

I'm pretty sure you confirmed Nightfall a few pages ago, but if I'm wrong, then please correct me. If I am confirmed, may I be added to the PM?

Your not confirmed yet, there are still a couple of very big problems and my Moderators agree there will probably need to be a few changes.

• Brohoof 1