Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

discord fics?

jack traid

so, me and my friend are trying to get our hooves in the door in ficwriting. now, we plan on writing one about the defeat of discord. the original, with celestia and luna and all, but for the sake of creativity, i want to check other ones to see why i havent heard of them and to make sure we dont repeat any mistakes. anypony know of any discord defeat stories, or has no one really ever done it? any help is much appreciated, thank you ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure there are stories out there, but I haven't seen many, personally, myself. I don't think you can really repear mistakes, you just need to have the time frame make sense, and go along with how you think it happened ^^ If you want my advice on what it'd look like in my own mind:

>Celestia and Luna come from somewhere, and stumble upon Equestria, steeped in chaos

>They confront Discord at first and cannot overcome his power

>They make a tactical retreat and search for a way to defeat him, and ultimately discover the Elements of Harmony

>Epic final battle that result in Discord's stone imprisonment

While Chaotic Discord has a good point, I think that it would be a better story to have Discord throw Celestia and Luna out after defeating them, then ensuing the chaos. Celestia and Luna would then try their darndest to find a way to gain control and harmony. Then come back and save the day. But only after Discord has entered the thought of jealousy into Princess Luna's mind I think that would make a cool story

thank you both :) you brought up some points me and him hadnt even thought of. so no one knows of any out there? that both excites and worries me about this project...eh, i can do it. be prepared for me to post it in a couple weeks (or months depending on how serious my parter is gonna be about this) then :)