Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Canterlot School of Higher Learning

Pinkie D Pie

Alright, before we get into this let me get some things though. First, I am looking for criticism, so criticize me as much as you want. Second, thank you for reading this. And third, this is a shipfic, so if it is not your thing, please don't say anything negative. And now without further waiting, I bring you, my fanfic. Indentions done by me with space, as this does not save them over...

Canterlot School of Higher Learning

(Authors notes: Alright, before you read this, forget everything you know about the ponies. Remember only their names, and as far back as their cutiemarks. From here on out, they do not know each other, and have never met. This is going to be long, so a warning beforehand.)

Chapter 1

Twilight, it appears there is a letter here for you.” Mrs. Sparkle called though her house as she came in from checking the mail. Twilight Sparkle rushed into the room, a smile on her face, a book floating a few feet in front of her.

“A letter, for me!” She said in surprise, looking at the letters and bills on the table. There were quite a few, but one was definitely made out to her. It had a sort of royal look to it, and Twilight wondered if it might be from a college. She had just graduated from Celestia’s School for Talented Unicorns, and was looking for colleges from anywhere. She carefully started to open it, the book she had brought with her now on the floor, forgotten in her mission to open the letter. She soon had it out and was reading over it. As soon as she finished she threw it into the air, jumping up and down in excitement, yelling yay over and over again.

“Twilight calm down. Now what is it?” Her mother asked her, putting a hoof on her to stop her. When Twilight didn’t answer, as she was out of breath, she picked up the letter and read it for herself. “The Canterlot School of Higher Learning!” Her mom said, also looking surprised now.

“Can you believe it mom, of all the places that I sent a letter to, I don’t get any back, but instead I get an invitation to the CSHL!” She yelled in surprise.

“What is going on in here?” A blue unicorn asked walking into the room.

“Dad can you believe it, I have been invited to the CSHL!” Twilight continued to yell, a huge smile on her face.

Her dad picked up the letter, reading over it. “Correction honey, you have only been invited to a meeting to learn more about it.” Her dad said, a small frown on his face.

“A meeting. So I haven’t been invited yet.” She says. Her dreams have obviously been crushed, as a look of defeat is on her face.

“There is still a good chance you can get in honey.” Her dad continues, reassuring her that it is still possible.

In a little town, known as ponyville, an orange earth pony had just walked outside to grab her mail. A grey pegasus flew up to her, crashing more than landing, spilling a few letters on the ground.

“How ya doing Derpy?” Applejack asked the pegasus a smile on her face as she picked up the letters that had fell on the ground.

“I’m doing pretty well Applejack, just delivering some mail. I have a letter for you.” Derpy said, removing a letter from her bag. The letter in question was in a silver envelope, and looked rather important.

“A letter for me. Why thank ya derpy.” Applejack said, starting the slightly long walk back to Sweet Apple Acres. When she made it back, she walked into the house, a smile on her face. She threw the rest of the mail on the table keeping her letter.

“What’cha got there Applejack.” A big red Stallion asked, a smile on her face as he looked over the other mail she had brought in.

“It’s a letter.” She said, ripping it open and reading through it. When she finished, she looked completely shocked.

“What is it?” Big Mac asked, dropping the rest of the mail to look at his sister. “Is it something ta do with tha farm.” He asked, looking a little worried. He started to move closer so he could read.

“No, no, tha farm is fine. Ah’ve been invited to a meetin to go ta some Canterlot School of Higher Learning.” She said.

“The Canterlot School of Higher Learning. Ah’ve heard of that. Suppose’ta be some kind of high quality school for smart ponies.” Big Mac said. “So ya goin to attend this meeting?” He asked.

“Ya darn tooting I am.” Applejack said, a smile on her face. She was somehow going to go to a school. She had barely finished high school. It was such a suprise to her.

At another house in Ponyville, well not really a house. It was a bakery, a smiling pink pony was checking her mail, well telling everyone she saw hello. She saw a letter addressed to her, and she looked a little surprised. “Hey look, I got a letter!” She said to some pony on the street who just smiled at her.

She walked back into the bakery, throwing the rest of the mail on the counter. She heard a ding from the kitchen and ran into the kitchen to take something out of the oven. That was when Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Pinkies caretakers, walked in. They looked at the mail and noticed the one to Pinkie. “Oh Pinkie, you have a letter.” Mrs. Cake said into the kitchen waiting for her to show up.

“I know, I just had to get these cupcakes out of the oven.” She said, returning with a tray loaded with the delicious treats. She picked up the letter, and opened it, allowing the envelope to fall to the floor. She read the full thing then looked at the cakes. “I’ve been invited to school. Not just any school though, the Canterlot School of Higher Learning.” She said, her face now glowing with happiness.

“Really!” Mr. Cake said with shock. “Pinkie that is wonderful, I am so happy for you.” He said. Mrs. Cake started to read the letter. “It says for you to attend a meeting happening this friday right here in Ponyville.” She said.

“Yay, I wonder what kind of classes I will take...” She started to talk, going on and on. When she finished, she ran into the streets, telling everypony she saw.

At yet another house in Ponyville, a white unicorn was leaving her store to check the mail. She had been up early designing new dresses. Her business might not be going all that well, but that was not going to stop her from creating what she loved. She gathered the mail and brought it back in. Probably letters from her parents or the odd customer who had bought from her. She started opening letters, reading over them, the dropping them in a pile. She would get back to them when she had time.

She picked up the last letter, but it looked different. It was in a silver envelope, and had the Canterlot seal on it. She smiled as she opened it, wondering who in Canterlot would want to send her a letter. She read it, a smile on her face now. “Canterlot, I’ve been invited to a school in Canterlot.” She said, beaming now. “Oh what joy, and even better, the school is run by Celestia herself. The princess herself.” She then remembered she had to get to answering the other letters she had received, which was one of the most boring things she had ever done.

In a little hut near the Everfree forest, a yellow pegasus was tending to some animals. “Here is some food for you Mr. Bunny. And some for you Mrs. Chipmunk. Oh and can’t forget about you Mr. Squirrel.” She said, feeding each of the animals. A bird flew up to her, dropping a letter at her hooves. “Oh thank you bird, I can always count on you to get my mail.” She said, picking it up. She slowly opened it. She read through it, once, then twice, then a third time. It couldn’t be, a simple mare like her being invited to school. And not some simple school, but a huge school for the ponies who knew things.

“Yay!” She yelled out, scaring the animals away but not caring. It was one of the few times she was happy. She ran into her hut throwing the letter on the table. “Angel Bunny.” She said to a little rabbit sitting on the floor. “I’m going to school.” She said, a look of pure joy on her face.

In cloudsdale, a cyan colored pegasus was racing on a track she had been to multiple times. She was quite happy as she had just finished summer school the day before, officially graduating her from high school. So she continued to fly until she was stopped by a pretty burly looking stallion. “Rainbow, I have a letter for you.” He said, handing it to her. How he knew where she was, was anyponys guess, but he did.

Rainbow Dash grabbed the letter and tore it open. She was scared it was going to be something telling her she had failed instead. But instead it was a letter. She skimmed over it, but stopped at the bottom. It was signed by two ponies, two famous ponies anyone should know. One was the Princess, Princess Celestia. The other was Professor Eisenhower. He was the creator of the Canterlot School of Higher Learning. She then went back and read the letter again, taking her time this time. “A letter inviting me to a meeting to go to Canterlot. Not just go to Canterlot but to attend a school there. Ha what now teachers, telling me I would amount to nothing. I win now, how many of you went to Canterlot!” She shouted, flying down the streets as fast as she could, a huge smile on her face. Ponies may have been staring at her, but she could care less. She was going to the Canterlot School of Higher Learning.

Edited by Shadow Stalker
  • Brohoof 1

First, I'm not exactly comfortable with you calling Twilight's mother 'Mrs. Sparkle'. Twilight's brother doesn't share Sparkle as a surname, so I wouldn't think their mother would. The tensing seems off in certain parts. Just stick with past tense. In some parts, it flips between past and present tense. The flow isn't perfect, but it's okay. I sort of like the idea, and you appear to be an adequate writer. You should get an editor to correct the few mistakes. That will definitely help.

8/10 for the idea, 8/10 for characterizations, 7/10 for flow, and 8.75/10 for freedom from errors.

Overall, 7.9/10

It has potential, but needs a tiny bit of work.

First, I'm not exactly comfortable with you calling Twilight's mother 'Mrs. Sparkle'. Twilight's brother doesn't share Sparkle as a surname, so I wouldn't think their mother would. The tensing seems off in certain parts. Just stick with past tense. In some parts, it flips between past and present tense. The flow isn't perfect, but it's okay. I sort of like the idea, and you appear to be an adequate writer. You should get an editor to correct the few mistakes. That will definitely help.

8/10 for the idea, 8/10 for characterizations, 7/10 for flow, and 8.75/10 for freedom from errors.

Overall, 7.9/10

It has potential, but needs a tiny bit of work.

Thanks, I honestly had no idea what to call her as she is never given a name in the show. So Mrs. Sparkle was about all I could come up with. But thanks for the reveiw.

• Brohoof 1