Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Well I personally like Brewfest for the same reason I like Winter's Feast or Hallows End. Or to put it another way, the same reason I like Hearts Warming's Eve and Nightmare Night. They're holidays. Fun unto themselves but also world building exercises. They partially resemble holidays that we have but they have their own mythos. Participating in them makes the world feel the much more real and like you are actually living in this world.

Rather similar to the real life versions, but at least they're putting in their own twists.

Well it's as I said, Nightmare Night looks like Halloween, but they have their own mythos surrounding it. Our version is based off of a number of Paganistic faiths and the Halloween traditions spring from rituals meant to ward off demons and other supernatural creatures. In Equestria, it comes from fear of Nightmare Moon on the night that she threatened to plunge the world into eternal night.

In Azeroth, Feast of Winter's Veil comes from the myth of a great being that blankets the world in a restful snow. Because both the Dwarves and Tauren have a similar figure in their respective cultures, it's likely that this winter walker is, or at least once was, very real. (Perhaps a Titan contstruct? Maybe one of the Ancients/Demigods that was slain in the War of the Ancients?)

So "their own spin" is much more than a name change.

What about pandaren death knights?

fanart-1271-large.jpg

I always thought that guy was supposed to be either an evil monk or an evil mage. (Who let's be honest is pretty much the same thing as a Warlock lore wise, just exercising enough discipline to not dive headlong into outright demon craft.)

I wouldn't really call it a smash hit anymore. They lost over 4m subscribers in the last year and a half, kappa. 

I used to play, but I gave it up, and I won't be playing next xpac either. 

No Pandaren Warlocks still. QQ. 

"Smash hit" as defined by it's initial impact. If a movie doesn't have as successful a DVD life as it's theater release, it doesn't cease to be a blockbuster retroactively.

And WoW managed to win THIS subscriber at least with WoD so it will always be a smash hit to me, but that's of course my subjective opinion.

pandaren death knights

NO, BY THE LOVE OF GOREHOWL, IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL FAITHFULLY EXECUTE THE WHOLE BLIZZARD STAFF IN A MOST BRUTAL MANNER.

For real though, Pandas barely work as warriors. Dk's would just.... *shivers*

I'd rather eat a cactus covered in yellow scorpions!

No Pandaren Warlocks still. QQ.

Idk if they can even comprehend fel magics.

It would never make sence with their focus on balance etc.

A panda cannot really be chaotic neutral aligned. Which is kinda what all playable warlocks are.

Well, the picture is titled "Pandaren 'Lich' King" on Battle.net.  XD

*shudder* Please, our current situation is nightmarish enough, how many other good people must sit the Frozen Throne?

That's sort of like saying that you didn't want to start smoking, so you started doing drugs instead. 

Well you aren't wrong. A Warlock, as defined by the lore, is an arcane spellcaster who draws their power directly from the Fel energies of the Twisting Nether and their demonic patrons that they've managed to wrestle away from the Legion or weren't working for them to begin with. Thus, an evil mage could be someone who has a malevolent agenda or means, but continues to use the raw "neutral" energies of the Twisting Nether and doesn't consort with demons. (Be it for simply pragmatic reasons of it being very risky, or pride at not needing their help and wanting to become MORE powerful than them on their own. In the tradition of fantasy fiction, that's classically known as a sorcerer.) 

For real though, Pandas barely work as warriors. Dk's would just.... *shivers*

Eh, I personally think they work well as warriors, but I share your opinion about pandaren DKs.  It'd only make sense if Arthas somehow found the Wandering Isle and decided to turn some of them into DKs.  XD 

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 1

NO, BY THE LOVE OF GOREHOWL, IF THIS HAPPENS I WILL FAITHFULLY EXECUTE THE WHOLE BLIZZARD STAFF IN A MOST BRUTAL MANNER. For real though, Pandas barely work as warriors. Dk's would just.... *shivers* I'd rather eat a cactus covered in yellow scorpions!

You know your attitude toward my favorite race is really starting to border on hurtful.  :okiedokielokie: I even agree that they shouldn't be Death Knights but because I don't think anyone deserves that fate, regardless of race.

Idk if they can even comprehend fel magics. It would never make sence with their focus on balance etc. A panda cannot really be chaotic neutral aligned. Which is kinda what all playable warlocks are.

Okay first of all, Pandaren. Second of all, it's not like the Pandaren are completely incapable of evil. The Draenei and Tauren have evil members. Hell the evil in the Pandaren's souls can be made manifest. 

*shudder* Please, our current situation is nightmarish enough, how many other good people must sit the Frozen Throne?

Kek. "Father, is it over?" No my son, the raids reset next Tuesday. 

Here's a few kickers for ya back in Wrath. 

"Why is Arthas' mount called invincible if you can see it?" 

"When you walk up to an Xbox 360, do you do a 360 and walk away?" 

Pretty much all I saw in trade chat back in Wrath, kappa. 

• Brohoof 1

Arthas somehow found the Wandering Isle

Arthas is dead, I made sure of that..... Like 20-25 times.

I tried to...... Steal his horse....

I... HOW COME INVINCIBLE NEVER DROPS?

WHERE IS HE HIDING?

You know your attitude toward my favorite race is really starting to border on hurtful.  :okiedokielokie: I even agree that they shouldn't be Death Knights but because I don't think anyone deserves that fate, regardless of race.

Okay first of all, Pandaren. Second of all, it's not like the Pandaren are completely incapable of evil. The Draenei and Tauren have evil members. Hell the evil in the Pandaren's souls can be made manifest.

1. THEY WERE NOT EVEN FIGHTING THE LITCH KING, SO THEY CANNOT BE UNDEAD.

2. I don't intend to be mean, I cannot shout pandaren... So it becomes panda.

3. Dreanei and tauren are FULLY capable of evil. Half of the Dreanei are demon worshippers. The Tauren are just nature guardians and are fully capable of doing evil to achive their goals, even try to master magics beyond their understanding and controll.

4. PANDAS WERE NOT EVEN RELEVANT AT THE TIME, SO ITS KINDA IMPOSSIBLE.

Oh don't worry, it's not like it's official art!

I... HOW COME INVINCIBLE NEVER DROPS? WHERE IS HE HIDING?

He's as well hidden as a tauren rogue.  Trust me, you're just not looking closely enough. 

"Why is Arthas' mount called invincible if you can see it?" 

First heard that joke in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlShJpYEKPc 

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 1

1. THEY WERE NOT EVEN FIGHTING THE LITCH KING, SO THEY CANNOT BE UNDEAD. 2. I don't intend to be mean, I cannot shout pandaren... So it becomes panda.

You mistake me, I just said I don't think the Pandaren should be Death Knights, I agree with you on that. So there's not reason to Royal Capslock your points at me. On that note, why are you shouting? This is a polite discussion.

3. Dreanei and tauren are FULLY capable of evil. Half of the Dreanei are demon worshippers.

Actually, given that Velen was only able to muster a few of his followers and that he was only one of the triumvirate ruling Argus, technically the Light worshipping and goodly Draenei are the minority of their people!

The Tauren are just nature guardians and are fully capable of doing evil to achive their goals, even try to master magics beyond their understanding and controll.

I was referring to the Grimtotems mainly but that too.

Oh don't worry, it's not like it's official art!

Yeah I got that, I was just remarking on the possibility. We already got one hero acting as "the Jailer of the Damned" we don't need his position to be filled by another honorable person. 

we don't need his position to be filled by another honorable person. 

How would that even be possible, sitting on Bolvar Clause's lap during Winter Veil?

1. THEY WERE NOT EVEN FIGHTING THE LITCH KING, SO THEY CANNOT BE UNDEAD. 2. I don't intend to be mean, I cannot shout pandaren... So it becomes panda. 3. Dreanei and tauren are FULLY capable of evil. Half of the Dreanei are demon worshippers. The Tauren are just nature guardians and are fully capable of doing evil to achive their goals, even try to master magics beyond their understanding and controll. 4. PANDAS WERE NOT EVEN RELEVANT AT THE TIME, SO ITS KINDA IMPOSSIBLE.

Dude, read the posts more carefully.  XD 

• Brohoof 1