gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

(edited)

I'll dig into it. While I'm on the subject though, anypony here play WoW chiefly for RP? That was why I played it.

Nah, I've never really saw interest in RPing, not just in WoW, but in general. I play the game for questing/leveling/lore.

Also, Moonguard is known for it's...ahem, "erotic" RP, particularly in Goldshire, so if you do check it out, expect some weird shit.

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

Nah, I've never really saw interest in RPing, not just in WoW, but in general. I play the game for questing/leveling/lore.

Also, Moonguard is known for it's...ahem, "erotic" RP, particularly in Goldshire, so if you do check it out, expect some weird shit.

Yay a fellow lore nerd! You know though, RPing and lore compliment each other a fair amount. All of my characters fit snugly in the lore, no dragonspawn or travelers from Hogwarts for me, I can assure you! Knowing the lore makes your character's involvement with the quests all the better because even though "you" know some of the things going on, your toon doesn't and that leads to lots of fun possibilities.

Why though do you like the questing and leveling if it has no meaning to the character? Just doing the quests for purely mechanical "game-ness" seems kind of hollow to me, personally.

• Brohoof 1

Yay a fellow lore nerd! You know though, RPing and lore compliment each other a fair amount. All of my characters fit snugly in the lore, no dragonspawn or travelers from Hogwarts for me, I can assure you! Knowing the lore makes your character's involvement with the quests all the better because even though "you" know some of the things going on, your toon doesn't and that leads to lots of fun possibilities.

Why though do you like the questing and leveling if it has no meaning to the character? Just doing the quests for purely mechanical "game-ness" seems kind of hollow to me, personally.

I've been interested in the lore and backstory, but as for RPing, like I said, it's not something that I feel I would enjoy. I just enjoy having fun. 

Plus, I don't really have the time to invest in that kind of stuff. I barely have time to invest in guild raiding and spending hours in PvP. 

• Brohoof 1

I've been interested in the lore and backstory, but as for RPing, like I said, it's not something that I feel I would enjoy. I just enjoy having fun. 

Plus, I don't really have the time to invest in that kind of stuff. I barely have time to invest in guild raiding and spending hours in PvP. 

Fair enough. In contrast I never bothered with either raiding or PVP partly because I was busy leveling and going on character specific quests, occasionally hanging around the capitals and having a chat.

Mostly though because of in-character reasons. Both of my main toons regarded the war between the Alliance and Horde to be an exercise in pointless bloodshed between two groups that have proven they can be friends if they put the effort into it. Both are frequent and outspoken supporters of diplomacy and possible peace. Being a Draenei and a Pandaren respectively, they are the outsiders to whom the centuries of bad blood is something they've had little or no experience with. (The Draenei character does not blame the current Orcs for the slaughter of his people because . . . well all those Orcs are dead and he doesn't believe sons are guilty or punishable for the sins of their fathers.)

• Brohoof 2

I've been willing to RP in this game for the first time in nearly two years, but I don't have anyone to RP with. It's mostly 'cause I'm shy (and have anxiety issues) and nervous I'll make a mistake RPing.

I do want to take a chance in building a better character 'cause I know the lore and backstories. Doesn't help that, for example, my main is a blood elf, and they're by far the most difficult race to roleplay as. I do also want to RP as Alliance but I'm not sure which is the "best" server to RP as for both races. (I'm on the US realms)

• Brohoof 1

I've been willing to RP in this game for the first time in nearly two years, but I don't have anyone to RP with. It's mostly 'cause I'm shy (and have anxiety issues) and nervous I'll make a mistake RPing.

I do want to take a chance in building a better character 'cause I know the lore and backstories. Doesn't help that, for example, my main is a blood elf, and they're by far the most difficult race to roleplay as. I do also want to RP as Alliance but I'm not sure which is the "best" server to RP as for both races. (I'm on the US realms)

I'd be willing to play with you if my account was still active. I can help with character concept and what to say or not to say though as I'm an experienced RPer.

I'll dig into it. While I'm on the subject though, anypony here play WoW chiefly for RP? That was why I played it.

I started playing just to RP. I think I spent 2 years at lvl 20 something, just RP'ing every day. It was really great. I was on a European RP server called the Sha'tar, joined a Shamanistic/tree-hugging Horde guild. We mostly just sat in a tent all day telling stories. But we'd have events where we travelled by foot to a moonwell and did some random druid things in the woods. Best time of the game for me. 

But eventually most of the 'famous' RP'ers became really Elitist and mean to new people so I didn't have that experience again. My characters weren't dragons but they may not have been 100% clean. I think it is up to everyone how they want to RP and nobody should have the power to give you bad-rep so no one else will RP with you.

Why do you PVP? I'm curious.

I've just started really getting into it, but it's hard to pin down why I exactly do it. I would suppose that it's a more challenging and competitive way to level, since I've leveled PvE for so long.

• Brohoof 1

I've just started really getting into it, but it's hard to pin down why I exactly do it. I would suppose that it's a more challenging and competitive way to level, since I've leveled PvE for so long.

I see. Do any of your toons have an IC reason for doing it?

I see. Do any of your toons have an IC reason for doing it?

I don't roleplay, so no. I mostly play for the overarching story and the gameplay rather than personal storylines.

I could never get into PvP, either, it's not something I like spending copious amounts of time in, and getting gear for it. Not to mention it seems more grindy to get honor/valor/conquest ponits for high level gear. I'll stick to PvE.

• Brohoof 1

I don't roleplay, so no. I mostly play for the overarching story and the gameplay rather than personal storylines.

I see. Just asking. The only time I PVPed was as my first toon, a Night Elf Druid. As I got more into the story and indeed started creating my own to exist within it, my characters began to reflect myself more and thus, they could not in good conscience fight the Horde.

I could never get into PvP, either, it's not something I like spending copious amounts of time in, and getting gear for it. Not to mention it seems more grindy to get honor/valor/conquest ponits for high level gear. I'll stick to PvE.

What's your main?

Mine is a Pandaren Monk.

I see. Just asking. The only time I PVPed was as my first toon, a Night Elf Druid. As I got more into the story and indeed started creating my own to exist within it, my characters began to reflect myself more and thus, they could not in good conscience fight the Horde.

What's your main?

Mine is a Pandaren Monk.

Well, currently, I'm maining a Draenai Ret Pally, though, I'm starting to grow bored of it, it just feels so static, Blizzard doesn't seem to want to make any drastic changes to the class. It's just the same, burst, bubble, repeat, the rotation is getting repetitive and it feels kind of dumb when my dps is always stuck in the middle. I'm thinking about switching to a Demo Warlock, I got one up to 20, and I'll probably power level to cap, and have that as my main, despite the changes being made to the spec in 6.2. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, currently, I'm maining a Draenai Ret Pally, though, I'm starting to grow bored of it, it just feels so static, Blizzard doesn't seem to want to make any drastic changes to the class. It's just the same, burst, bubble, repeat, the rotation is getting repetitive and it feels kind of dumb when my dps is always stuck in the middle. I'm thinking about switching to a Demo Warlock, I got one up to 20, and I'll probably power level to cap, and have that as my main, despite the changes being made to the spec in 6.2. 

Awwww that's a shame. Before Mists, my main was a Draenei Vindicator as well. I do admit there is a certain glamor to channeling the forces of the Nether into something positive.

My friend spent soooo much time playing this game over like 2,000 hours or more.... I never played it due to paying for it wasn't something I was going to spend my money on during high school. But played the demo and was fairly impressed. I just don't have a decent pc to play any games honestly.

I do admit there is a certain glamor to channeling the forces of the Nether into something positive.

Are you referring to the Warlock? 

• Brohoof 1

I have never played WOW but I sorta always wanted to

Awesome! If you ever need help on deciding a race or class, give me a buzz, I'm an expert on the lore behind all of them.

. . . . Oh yeah and there . . . . play styles or whatever! 

Are you referring to the Warlock? 

Yes. What other class channels dark forces into . . . oh right, mages and death knights.  :blink:

(edited)
Yes. What other class channels dark forces into . . . oh right, mages and death knights. 

Oh, yeah. Fel magic is really cool, and turning into a demon and having a felguard minion is friggen awesome. I made mine a female gnome because the new female gnome models are really cute, they just look sassy. :P

Not a fan of Mages. And I've only played my DK for a bit.

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

Oh, yeah. Fel magic is really cool., and turning into a demon and having a friggen felguard minion is awesome.

Which reminds me of that trailer for the sadly not made fan film about a Night Elf who becomes a Demon Hunter but Illidan's words could apply to good Warlocks as well.

"It's about turning the power of evil, against itself . . . about fighting fire with fire."

I made mine a female gnome because the new female gnome models are really cute, they just look sassy.

Oh yes they do.  ;)

• Brohoof 1

So, I have decided to re-roll my main. I'm not deleting it, but I will cast it aside as an alt. Going to level my Lock to 100, and have that as my main. I'm having too much fun with her, and despite the nerfs in 6.2, I'm still going to stick with it. Besides, I'm sure they'll get buffed again next xpac.

• Brohoof 1