gaming World of Warcraft

Street Comedy

No there is not. It is real money or go home.

Jeez sorry, I was wrong. 

You know how I got the thing for free? Pleasant and thankful attitude.

Who was the guy you talked to?

Oh I forget his name. He was super cool though and a player of the game as well.

I just forced made my friends download WoW for a Lan party coming up and I was wondering. As I am the only one of us that is somewhat experienced in the game. Should I baby sit them as a tank or healer? or would it make them overly comfident for the lategame? I mean, dungeons are easy and all and if i help them covered in heirloom gear, I think I could give them bad habits like not running away from the fire or create too much aggro. On the other hand we would level up a lot quicker and I would get them into DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEANOR.

Edited by A Cat

@,

Maybe not babysit them, but guide them as a tank or healer.  Besides, I remember a few dungeons were no amount of heirloom gear is going to save you if you do something stupid. 

That won't be a problem as I am a proffesional Leeroy I mean tank. But I see your point.

@,

I would stick by them. You don't want to leave them hanging in the wind if they get stuck and then get frustrated.

@@Steel Accord,

Heh, I'm envious!

If you use it in RP, how do you justify it? 

Well for Wei Yu, I really don't. There's not a lot of ways I could justify it and it clashes heavily with my theme, so I just don't ride it.

For Chulorn however, given it's . . . undeniably badass, divine look, I just think of it as my long requested class flying mount for Paladins.

So, I just got the Draenor Flying achievement, took forever, but it was worth it I guess, certainly better than wasting 4000 gold on a new flying skill. The mount that you get for it is pretty cool, too. 
I honestly don't mind having to get an achievement to fly, and I'm glad they're sticking with this route going forward. As long as they don't make the same mistakes with the end game content like Draenor.

• Brohoof 1

So, I just got the Draenor Flying achievement, took forever, but it was worth it I guess, certainly better than wasting 4000 gold on a new flying skill. The mount that you get for it is pretty cool, too. 

I honestly don't mind having to get an achievement to fly, and I'm glad they're sticking with this route going forward. As long as they don't make the same mistakes with the end game content like Draenor.

Funny enough but I only just got my flight master's license for flying in Azeroth. The first time I took to the air around Stormwind . . . by the Light I was beaming!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

I have it downloaded and all, but no subscription. I want try it first, but I hear trying the free to level 20 version isn't really much of anything the game has to offer. Still got to get around to actually TRYING that first too. The only MMO I really played was Runescape, and I own Guild Wars 2 but haven't played that much. Need to get around to so many games I own >~>

• Brohoof 1

What's a good level to start RPing at? Would I be able to RP right away? Or is there a good level to start at?

Dude, relax. You got to forget the mechanics. :P

When RPing, you aren't a "level" or a collection of numbers, you are a person with their own history. 

I have it downloaded and all, but no subscription. I want try it first, but I hear trying the free to level 20 version isn't really much of anything the game has to offer. Still got to get around to actually TRYING that first too. The only MMO I really played was Runescape, and I own Guild Wars 2 but haven't played that much. Need to get around to so many games I own >~>

One to twenty is still plenty fun, especially if you RP.

@@Celli,

Although if you do want a sort of "trial run/tutorial" I could volunteer. :)  

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

What's a good level to start RPing at? Would I be able to RP right away? Or is there a good level to start at?

To add to Steel Accord's reply, really the only thing in RP were level would matter is the gear you use for RP.

ok, I just think of it a

I know, right?!  If druids have a "flying mount" of their own, why not the other classes that can get their own mounts?

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 2

To add to Steel Accord's reply, really the only thing in RP were level would matter is the gear you use for RP.

Yes, if one's character is wet behind the ears even in-universe that starting area leveling t-shirt is appropriate. If he's supposed to be the veteran of a centuries long fighting retreat, like, you know, most Draenei even the ones born on Draenor, you might want to power level just a little bit.

Not that you always have to look like a walking avatar of the Naaru. One of the things that marks RPers from other players is that sometimes you wear things besides armor. After all, doctors aren't always wearing their white coats and soldiers put away their uniforms sometimes. It's especially true in a world like Azeroth where you're wearing things like heavy plate, consecrated by the clergy or not, it's going to get hot in there after awhile.

So you can sometimes have a set of "casual wear" for just walking around capital cities or towns. (And I do mean walking, another RP shorthand is that people in real life don't run absolutely everywhere they go.)

I know, right?!  If druids have a "flying mount" of their own, why not the other classes that can get their own mounts?

I admit, the idea did cross my mind back in Burning Crusade. I mean both Paladins and Warlocks, in a fitting dichotomy of light and dark, both get unique class mounts. It was a part of a quest, a step on your journey. Now that flight became an option, why shouldn't summoning a holy, angelic steed of the skies be that other step?

I have less to complain now because the Winged Guardian and similar kind of make up for the lack of the class mount organically, but even then there is that knowledge that it's not a class feature and a warlock or rogue could just as easily fly one. 

Even then, it's less of a bother as a Paladin is no longer my main anyway.

Edited by Steel Accord

@@Celli,

So you can sometimes have a set of "casual wear" for just walking around capital cities or towns.

And there's also formal wear for parties people might put on.  Parties, a ball, a gala, some guilds like to put on those kind of events.  It's not like the World is nothing but Warcraft in RP.  XD 

• Brohoof 1

@@Celli,

And there's also formal wear for parties people might put on.  Parties, a ball, a gala, some guilds like to put on those kind of events.  It's not like the World is nothing but Warcraft in RP.  XD 

Again, makes me wish there could be an option to become "ambassador" or something. As of now they have mercenary PvP mode, which allows you to play as an outright traitor, why can't they do something similar but not for PvP but cross faction questing or raiding or something?

• Brohoof 1

@@Akari of Duskshire,

Last patch. There are NPCs from the opposite faction hanging out near the PvP area entrances wearing a mask of the opposite race's faction. (E.g. Blood Elf wearing a Night Elf mask.) It's actually to cut down wait time to get into a match if your own faction's que is taking too long but framed within context, there's no way around it. You are, for a time at least, defecting to the opposite side.

What poetic injustice that for all of us RPers who want to be immersed in this world and particularly those who wish nothing more than to have friendly interaction with the opposite faction, it's the PvPers that come the closest to this non-hostile relationship.

To clear it up. Playing merceneary mode will change your race and racial powers to the one of the opposite faction.

The reason it was put in was for search time to cut down as alliance players have longer search times than horde. (up to TWO HOURS ON SOME REALMS)

The reasoning is that the alliance, mostly human racial powers are simply op and therefore between 65-70 percent of players are alliance.

Its more of a temproary solution to the problem of racials.

Edited by A Cat
  • Brohoof 1

@,

I knew about the "race switching" but in context you are still merely "disguised" and can communicate with your new teammates. So the point still stands. I can walk up to Orgrimmar, slowly and unarmed and be shot where I stand. Whereas PvPers who could not care less about story can actually talk to the other faction.

There has to be a way to peacefully interact and communicate. 

Oh and I should add one thing. The human racial is that broken, playing any other race is a handycap in pvp.

@,

I knew about the "race switching" but in context you are still merely "disguised" and can communicate with your new teammates. So the point still stands. I can walk up to Orgrimmar, slowly and unarmed and be shot where I stand. Whereas PvPers who could not care less about story can actually talk to the other faction.

There has to be a way to peacefully interact and communicate. 

Its a temprorary race switch, only lasts for 1 unranked game. But I see your point. RP server should at least have a diplomacy option. Maybe carrying some kind of peace flag in the world would be cool. Sadly the lore does not support this as the only hode person accepted in stormwind was so because she saved the kings life. This person being valeera sanguinar. While chasing an assasin that was after varian she almost got killed by night elves.

• Brohoof 1